• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Pellegrini just said Nastasic might leave City, wasn't even on the bench today. Not sure what to make of this, he was one of the most promising defenders in the world under Mancini. Now they're gonna ship him off for <£10m?!

I have to pick very carefully with a name if I get one on my shirt this season. Nasta. :(

bud's post got linked to on @NeoGAFShitPosts. I wonder if that ban was a perma...

dc89

According to Stu Brennan of the MEN Pellegrini has said Nastasic, Richards and Guidetti are surplus to requirements.

Nastasic NOOOOOO
Guidetti NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just got 100% in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

donkeykongcountrysnes2.gif

Manager

I have to pick very carefully with a name if I get one on my shirt this season. Nasta. :(

bud's post got linked to on @NeoGAFShitPosts. I wonder if that ban was a perma...

I'm probably getting Silva, my GF is getting Kompany. She says he's the most beautiful player in City's team (?) and has perfect English.

What happened to Nasty Nas? I thought he looked pretty decent for City when he played....

Re-posting:
Pellegrini expect all his players to concentrate all match, with high lines and offside trap and prone to be open for counter-attacks. With Mancini, he often "only" had to focus on his positioning and had a lot of midfielders in front of him.

Nastasic hasn't worked with Pellegrini's tactics, has huge concentration lapses. He even tackled down Kompany in a match last spring, his focus all over the place. He was so confident with Mancini but is the opposite now. He's not really fast either and with teams coming running towards him, he's one mistake from completely losing his man, and unfortunately he does a lot nowdays.

I just hope some rest has done him good this summer.

edit
He also fouls a ridiculous amount due to his lack of speed, creating a lot of freekicks.

Meier

What happened to Nasty Nas? I thought he looked pretty decent for City when he played....

Hard to say really. I posted last weekend that I was worried that may have been his death knell -- he didn't close down well and was really ineffective in the Arsenal game. He's just not as well suited for Pellegrini's style with the FBs who usually go all out attacking coupled with a fairly high line -- he's going to be insanely good for any club that sits a little deeper though.

omgkitty

Not saying we will get him, but next summer we will be angling for a player in his position for sure.

Please Milch.

If Sanogo actually kicks on and becomes a good striker this season, and we actually sign a CDM and CB this summer, there's no reason why we couldn't throw as much as possible at Reus to sign him next summer as we should be good in every other area besides maybe LB where I could see Nacho leaving.

Valencia is about to embarrass us if anyone's interested in some schadenfreude.

No Balotelli, De Jong, Rami, Montolivo, Niang, Alex, or Constant. Dis gonna be gud.

Manager

A girl at work who's a City fan also loves Kompany. When I told her I had my pic with him she was swooning.

I have no City fans close to me. They did a survey in Scandinavia among Premier League TV subscribers of which team they support, 10 000+ respondents.

5dada49b0c3ada65158cd5d4293adf57_966x_c_q75.jpg

iMW81g6.png

calza

According to Stu Brennan of the MEN Pellegrini has said Nastasic, Richards and Guidetti are surplus to requirements.

Nastasic NOOOOOO
Guidetti NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guidetti is never going to be at the level needed. We have 4 top strikers, he was never going to break in. The best he could get would be bench for league cup games, and I would rather youngsters got an opportunity. His loan at Stoke was a disaster.

Elchele

Don't know if he is ready for the next step though, he certainly is talented, but with Stuttgarts defense being shit all around, it's hard to shine...

Btw Elsk.
Augsburg is out of the cup :D

probably for the better. they lost important players and will need to focus on rebuilding the team.

still :( and RB leipzig won

Sporting TV has shown a small clip of Rojo´s interview with him thanking the club for giving him a chance to play in a big European club when his career was in a bad state.
So, yeah, he´s gone.

I have no City fans close to me. They did a survey in Scandinavia among Premier League TV subscribers of which team they support.

5dada49b0c3ada65158cd5d4293adf57_966x_c_q75.jpg

iMW81g6.png

Got way too many Liverpool supporters here as well, was a Scandinavian football competition here in my town a few weeks back and was just full of fucking liverpool shirts. Was terrible. Even my teacher is a fucking liverpool supporter, he at least got a semi decent reason though having lived there, but still, could at least have picked Everton right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom