• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Sounds about right. Agent puts out rumors that Arsenal are interested to alert other PL clubs that he's available and then he goes to a shit team and does nothing all season.
This is what I'm hoping. I don't want Vargas at Arsenal.

I want Manolas though. CB situation is very annoying. Wenger should have had this sorted by now.

Mata is such a fucking waste of £40 million.

He's fantastic at times, but clearly not what United needed. I still kind of love him, but fuck him, but i love him. Why is love so difficult... and why did i not realize how much he looks like a dwarf Rooney before he went to United?

PowderedToast

moyes quotes from a recent bbc article

"It's been well documented that we wanted Cesc Fabregas, Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo," said Moyes.

"There was talk of Ronaldo when I first arrived. We were close to getting a couple of major names.

this is insane to me. fabregas i believed, but bale and ronaldo? what the fuck, i thought that was a joke. to hear it confirmed from moyes blows my mind. how on earth did they think they'd ever land those players?

this is insane to me. fabregas i believed, but bale and ronaldo? what the fuck, i thought that was a joke. to hear it confirmed from moyes blows my mind. how on earth did they think they'd ever land those players?

I loved Woodward and Moyes. They were a punching bag I could always rely on.

Facism

BILD is reporting that Schweini's knee is pretty fucked up. He'll miss the Buli start and the next couple of Germany games. Apparently he has played with an inflamed patellar tendon for the last couple of months and has been getting a ton of injections into his knee. Him playing in Brazil was simply down to his willpower but didnt do much good to his knee. :/

I've had this shit for a year now. it's no fucking joke, you lose all the strength in your knees and every movement involving it hurts. If you don't move, it aches and goes stiff, causing loads of pain when you move it.

Fucking shame because it's one of those things that can become chronic unless taken care of properly. I hope he doesn't have issues with it for the rest of his life because he didn't rest it.

omgkitty

This is what I'm hoping. I don't want Vargas at Arsenal.

I want Manolas though. CB situation is very annoying. Wenger should have had this sorted by now.

Yeah I feel like Wenger had to know for most of the summer that Vermaelen wanted to leave. Oh well, as long as we win on Tuesday and tie up Manolas before the weekend, no harm done really. Chambers has filled in and been absolutely outstanding. Get Manolas in and then I hope we buy a CDM and call it a summer, though the CDM is looking less and less likely. Not sure if the Rabiot rumors are true or not as well, though he does seem a very Wenger-like signing and I wouldn't really have a problem with him joining.

Carbonox

Watched The Prestige for the first time in years earlier. So much better on a second viewing. Great film.

Watching Good Morning Vietnam now. So fucking funny.

pulga

Banned
That Ronaldo and Bale thing has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard and therefore I shan't comment on it.

He's fantastic at times, but clearly not what United needed. I still kind of love him, but fuck him, but i love him. Why is love so difficult... and why did i not realize how much he looks like a dwarf Rooney before he went to United?

You're just begging for a tag quote here.

Pls.

Elchele

Watched The Prestige for the first time in years earlier. So much better on a second viewing. Great film.

Watching Good Morning Vietnam now. So fucking funny.

It's great. I think it is in my top 3 movies.
I just watched 'Dredd', fucking loved it. Now I think I have time to watch Hannibal's season finale before the game, but I don't know if I should

Rooney is such a div.

The way he yelled at Blackett after the second goal too. Oh yeah I'm a great captain I communicate. That's not communicating.

Eugh.

pulga

Banned
JLO HAS COMPLETED THE ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE

Thank you for this, based Cristiano
p0QHO.gif

Lightning

Banned

United handled Moyes departure appallingly. That was Chelsea/City levels of bullshit and disrespect. Moyes needed to go, not because he had a great squad as he didn't, but his tactics, press conferences and how he set the team up showed he was out of his depth but he should have been informed before the media and not humiliated like he was. What the fuck man u that wasn't funny.

That's the difference with LvG. What happened against Swansea won't keep happening without there being big consequences for members of the squad.

Nicktendo86

Yep they way they treated Moyes was appealing. To be the last man to be told you are being sacked, trying to phone club officials to find out if the stories are true only to get no answer, they even put Ferguson in a tough spot with him knowing but not being able to say anything to his friend. Disgusting really.

Yep they way they treated Moyes was appealing. To be the last man to be told you are being sacked, trying to phone club officials to find out if the stories are true only to get no answer, they even put Ferguson in a tough spot with him knowing but not being able to say anything to his friend. Disgusting really.

Wait that's what happened? any source? because holy fuck if true.

The ice bucket challenge is dumb. At least bath in a tub full of ice or something, we can't even see if that water is really ice cold.

Someone on my Facebook feed posted this response: "So you're wasting clean water to avoid paying $100 towards a charity?" LOL.

Also, here's the second goal from River Plate. Pisculichi made the defender look like a fool. Might as well sign him, United. He'll be cheap and give you an upgrade up front. :p

Jarnet87

2 weeks left in the transfer window, please god Woodward step it up. I don't think he will get the axe or be put in a different role but he should. He's been able to come good on the business side of things signing sponsors but he's clueless when it comes to transfers.

I guess I've been living under a rock. Riquelme is no longer on Boca? He quit and returned to his first club, Argentinos Juniors, who are playing in the second division?

Madness.

So excited for tomorrow! I'm a little nervous too as playing against a newly promoted side away is always a tough game. Going to need Costa to hit the ground running!

CrunchyB

Has LvG publicly asked for more signings? at Bayern he actually blocked transfers (Khedira and a couple I don't remember), he prefers youth players and to have a very limited squad.

Van Gaal didn't want Neuer.

Neuer.

He can be brilliant, but I swear he's the most stubborn man on the planet.

Jarnet87

He was mediocre in the last game.

He should be used as how he was in Chelsea, the fulcrum of attacks. Right now he's as invisible as Ozil, but twice as useless.

Mata is the fulcrum in the 3-5-2, it's just the players around him are utterly useless. The midfield is shit and won't get into the box to draw defenders or get Mata the ball. Our strikers are too busy running into each other and not creating space. Don't even mention the wingers/wingbacks, absolutely invisible. You could argue we were the most talented side in world football (top 5 certainly) in 2007-2009, and every year after that we have just let the talent drop and drop and restocked with mediocre talent at best.

LegoArmo

4-4-2 is still the best formation in football, you just need the right personnel.

The left mid should be right footed, and the right mid should be left footed (or capable of cutting in on their weak foot). The 2 centre mids should be a defensive playmaker and an energetic all round midfielder. With the wingers cutting in, the width comes from the fullbacks, who have to be able to cross, get forward, and then have the work rate to get back in to position.

Oh and then you need 2 world class centre backs. Football is easy-peasy.

First of all let me apologize for responding so aggressively.

That said, what makes it tough to be a fan? Most members of FootyGAF support clubs that at the end of the season will remain comfortably in the league or reach the European competition.

I wasn't trying to bag on the quality of Bayern Munich but the only drama it seems in the league is by how many goals they will win by. Does it concern you that the lack of competition may hurt the teams chances come CL? Will the team know how to react if they are down against an opponent of equal talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom