• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mata is the fulcrum in the 3-5-2, it's just the players around him are utterly useless. The midfield is shit and won't get into the box to draw defenders or get Mata the ball. Our strikers are too busy running into each other and not creating space. Don't even mention the wingers/wingbacks, absolutely invisible. You could argue we were the most talented side in world football (top 5 certainly) in 2007-2009, and every year after that we have just let the talent drop and drop and restocked with mediocre talent at best.

...He was?

Goodness I'm all in for a panic buy. We were so mediocre that game.

And ffs Januzaj. Lovely player but getting as cuntish as Nani in his stupid cunt period after CR7 left.

Carbonox

Played on astro turf today in a friendly. Went all warrior and slid in to a challenge, slicing off a ham-size portion of skin off my knee. Shit's still leaking even now.

fack

im already dead

who slides on astro turf

Arsene-Wenger-holiday.jpg

Slizz

Played on astro turf today in a friendly. Went all warrior and slid in to a challenge, slicing off a ham-size portion of skin off my knee. Shit's still leaking even now.

fack

im already dead
Turf is no good. Should be banned unless its tiny 5 a side fields

RIP Carbo.

Last time I played football I was helping out some friends and pulled a hamstring. Fuckers wouldn't let me stay off the pitch as there was only 5 of them. I had to stand upfront all game doing nothing and got shit from some of them. Was the most ridiculous thing ever. Even the other team stopped tackling me when they realised how much pain I was in
KuGsj.gif

...He was?

Goodness I'm all in for a panic buy. We were so mediocre that game.

And ffs Januzaj. Lovely player but getting as cuntish as Nani in his stupid cunt period after CR7 left.

Young players are like that as they want to prove themselves to the manager. Ronaldo was the same way. Probably worse in that regard.

Elchele

I guess I've been living under a rock. Riquelme is no longer on Boca? He quit and returned to his first club, Argentinos Juniors, who are playing in the second division?

Madness.

Yeah. Boca are very bad too, they play some shit football and use old players

are you watching the game?
Bengtson pls.

fack

im already dead

who slides on astro turf

I know that feel.

I tore an 8 inch long patch of skin off my leg diving for a football (American) on astro-turf last year.

File that under really bad ideas I wish I could've had back.

Slizz

Is Yurt still up? This is for him

ireKIDzg2zBOn.gif

izdSscYizKTQ0.gif

Too bad her movie bombed hard.

Kinda excited to see Costa destroy. Can't wait till he catches a ban too.

Gurthang

Banned
Costa and Fabregas will destroy EPL this year. I fully expect Costa to finish as the top scorer and Fabregas to finish as the top assister.

Lightning

Banned
I think Mata is showing why Mou didn't rate him.
That's unfair. This United team are in shambles. Mata's goal and assist rate while at Chelsea was phenomenal. People don't understand how having shit players around you makes it harder to perform and shine. Turning shit into gold is not easy in an unbalanced team.

jts

...hate me...
I don't see anyone catching up to City, tbh.

But the fight for the remaining UCL spots will be fun though.

Pennywise

What's even better will be the CL matches guys !

So many great groups can happen.

Will city be shitty once again ?
How far is Barca with the recent signings ?
Can anyone stop Ancelotti ?
Which easy group will Bayern get this year ?
Will Dortmund finally draw a group that's not that difficult ?

omgkitty

You forgot one:

Will Arsenal finally make it to the quarter finals?

Lightning

Banned

Please no Dortmund vs Arsenal again.

Will Ajax end up with Madrid again and get fucked by refs again?

That's unfair. This United team are in shambles. Mata's goal and assist rate while at Chelsea was phenomenal. People don't understand how having shit players around you makes it harder to perform and shine. Turning shit into gold is not easy in an unbalanced team.
Yep.

Not to mention Morinho felt that Oscar played better with the tactics he's using, not that Mata's a bad player.

Fuck Morinho last year was a bit of a wackjob too. Remember that game he played against Manchester United with no strikers upfront?

Cheating on his ex GF or something like that. I don't pay for the Sun for obvious reasons so can't actually read the article. I assume Costa will probably give zero shits about the article but fucking everyone likes to try and fuck with us don't they.

Cons of playing in England: The press.

Is the real purpose of league play really just to qualify for Champions League? I mean it's great to win your league and all but the real prize, what most everyone is fighting for, is to qualify CL?

#stupidfutbolquestion

GorillaJu

Is the real purpose of league play really just to qualify for Champions League? I mean it's great to win your league and all but the real prize, what most everyone is fighting for, is to qualify CL?

#stupidfutbolquestion

That differs between clubs and fans. Man City, at this stage would probably prefer a CL trophy over another league title. Liverpool more recently won the CL and have never won the PL, so for us the league title is the ultimate goal. Generally, I think English teams and fans care first and foremost about winning the league.

I think Spanish and German teams tend to value the CL over the league. Italian teams I'm not sure—the Scudetto doesn't hold the same prestige it once did.

Pennywise

Will Ajax end up with Madrid again and get fucked by refs again?
Yes.

Please no Dortmund vs Arsenal again.
Don't want that either.
Madrid,Dortmund,Liverpool,Roma

Lol NO.
I want Porto,Dortmund,Olympiakos,Anderlecht.

You forgot one:

Will Arsenal finally make it to the quarter finals?
Depends on the group.
Arsenal really needs more time until the new players fit in, if they get another group like last year, it will be difficult.

#stupidfutbolquestion
CL is were you make your money.
Especially for German teams as they don't get paid as much as spanish clubs with the league tv market.
You play the best teams in Europe, allthough there are some mediocore or bad teams, but usually you compete at the highest possible level.
It simply is, the best and most rewarding competition.

Not a chance that two Chelsea players will lead in attacking stats.

I was thinking about this when picking my FPL team, having Hazard and Costa seems like a bad move I'm not sure how often they will both be on fire at the same time.

Cesc will have a good season no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom