• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I was thinking about this when picking my FPL team, having Hazard and Costa seems like a bad move I'm not sure how often they will both be on fire at the same time.

Cesc will have a good season no matter what.

Hazard and Costa are both penalty takers and will play 95% of games in one of the top 2 sides. Based on this line of reasoning, it's worth the investment... But there is bound to be frustration along the way as it's a Mou team after all.

Fabregas will be solid but he's going to be in the center of midfield, so I'm not sure just how many touches he'll get in attacking areas. I'd love to swap Hazard out for the cheaper Fabregas, so I'm hoping he shows himself as a big player.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think Spanish and German teams tend to value the CL over the league. Italian teams I'm not sure

everyone with the exception of MIlan (and maybe Napoli) wants the league :lol

Is Yurt still up? This is for him

ireKIDzg2zBOn.gif

izdSscYizKTQ0.gif

Too bad her movie bombed hard

DEADD

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lazio seemed to take the Europa League very seriously whenever I've seen them compete in the competition.
and they take Coppa Italia seriously as well, because they know they don't a stand a chance in the league.

Viola and Inter won't take EL seriously that's for sure, they'll just focus on the league and qualifying for the CL

Hazard and Costa are both penalty takers and will play 95% of games in one of the top 2 sides. Based on this line of reasoning, it's worth the investment... But there is bound to be frustration along the way as it's a Mou team after all.

Fabregas will be solid but he's going to be in the center of midfield, so I'm not sure just how many touches he'll get in attacking areas. I'd love to swap Hazard out for the cheaper Fabregas, so I'm hoping he shows himself as a big player.

Yeah I'll give it a few games and see how they all do.

Don't need to make any changes as yet, maybe Bojan but I'm happy to give him time also I can always just play two upfront.

17th in the GAF league.

Lightning

Banned
Koscielny's ongoing achilles problem is really worrying. If this keeps up it can ruin his season as happened with Vermaelen. His injury went from 5 weeks, to 3mths, to the entire season. I get really nervous with achilles injuries. If there is a risk then don't play him, heal him, and buy someone. Wenger please!

and they take Coppa Italia seriously as well, because they know they don't a stand a chance in the league.

Viola and Inter won't take EL seriously that's for sure, they'll just focus on the league and qualifying for the CL

You can qualify for the CL through the EL though...

Koscielny's ongoing achilles problem is really worrying. If this keeps up it can ruin his season as happened with Vermaelen. His injury went from 5 weeks, to 3mths, to the entire season. I get really nervous with achilles injuries. If there is a risk then don't play him, heal him, and buy someone. Wenger please!

I know them feels!

The way Kagawa and now Mata get away with non-performance after non-performance, with the entirety of the blame placed at the feet of their teammates, is bizarre to me.

Lightning

Banned

But winning the Europa League would surely be easier for Inter and Fiorentina to qualify than finishing in the top 3? Napoli, Roma and Juventus are going to be very hard to dislodge from those positions.

The way Kagawa and now Mata get away with non-performance after non-performance, with the entirety of the blame placed at the feet of their teammates, is bizarre to me.
Özil gets ripped apart even when he plays pretty well. It's the way the media and world works. Always looking for someone to blame just for the sake of it.

Wilshere coped shit after the Palace game despite playing quite well. It's like when Ramsey was the scapegoat for Arsenal, last season it was Özil who coped it, now it's Wilshere getting the flame thrower. Fuck the media man.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah but it's a bit harder than clanking results in the league
No its not. You can get into the last 16 of the Europa on auto pilot. From there its basically an international Coppa cup competition as you only face teams from other leagues in similar positions to their own.

I would imagine beating Everton, Spurs, any dutch team, Wolfsburg, etc.. easier than trying to topple into the top 3. Just ask Spurs how hard that shit is.

Lightning

Banned
In 8 months he's gone from 'not developed at all, pace merchant, needs to be loaned out and sold if he fails' to being perhaps our most important player when everyone is fit
He also shouldn't be saddled with such a burden at such a young age and just let the lad enjoy his football and develop. His current hype is concerning because when it starts to dip the hyenas are going to get on his back in a major way.

FootballFan

In 8 months he's gone from 'not developed at all, pace merchant, needs to be loaned out and sold if he fails' to being perhaps our most important player when everyone is fit

I said a few weeks ago that shouldn't be the case. He should be free, not buried under pressure. But this is what happens when you try sign Davis when you lose Suarez.

I really hope sterling makes it. Like lightning says, as soon as his form takes a dive he will need to be ready like januzaj is.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No its not. You can get into the last 16 of the Europa on auto pilot. From there its basically an international Coppa cup competition as you only face teams from other leagues in similar positions to their own.

I would imagine beating Everton, Spurs, any dutch team, Wolfsburg, etc.. easier than trying to topple into the top 3. Just ask Spurs how hard that shit is.

But they'll end up facing CL teams! Viola can pull it off, but their team is top-3 material anyway and they're just as good as Napoli with a (fit) XI.

No chance for Inter anywhere tbh

Not much we can do about putting pressure on Sterling tbh. Ideally the other players would be so good that Sterling can just get on with things in the background, but the pressure is just a byproduct of his own ability

As long as we don't add to that pressure unnecessarily by basing the entire formation around him and bigging him up in the press, I'm okay with it

Lightning

Banned
But they'll end up facing CL teams! Viola can pull it off, but their team is top-3 material anyway and they're just as good as Napoli with a (fit) XI.

No chance for Inter anywhere tbh
You only face failed cl teams. You don't face Arsenal, City and Chelsea will both focus on the league if they ended up in Europa, Bayern, Dortmund, Madrid, PSG, Barcelona you don't face any of that crap. You face a Benfica, Ajax, Celtic, Leverkusen, Bilbao etc who can be beaten.

GorillaJu

Sterling for me has always been a "his time will come" player. What I didn't expect is for him to be as versatile as he's been. You can't help but credit Rodgers with the way he's developed him thus far. I hope he listens to the manager with his new contract: I don't want him to get too comfortable and stop improving when his current trajectory has him as potentially a Liverpool legend.

My only concern is that he'll get too good for us :lol It'd be hard for anyone to turn down a huge offer from, say, Manchester City.

pulga

Banned
Isnt Arsenal like the textbook definition of a failed CL team? I mean even Chelsea has a CL title now.

Good morning, everyone.

FootballFan

Sterling for me has always been a "his time will come" player. What I didn't expect is for him to be as versatile as he's been. You can't help but credit Rodgers with the way he's developed him thus far. I hope he listens to the manager with his new contract: I don't want him to get too comfortable and stop improving when his current trajectory has him as potentially a Liverpool legend.

My only concern is that he'll get too good for us :lol It'd be hard for anyone to turn down a huge offer from, say, Manchester City.

I just said before on WhatsApp:

5 years from now, barca head coach Xavi Hernandez: "sterling has barca DNA"

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You only face failed cl teams. You don't face Arsenal, City and Chelsea will both focus on the league if they ended up in Europa, Bayern, Dortmund, Madrid, PSG, Barcelona you don't face any of that crap. You face a Benfica, Ajax, Celtic, Leverkusen, Bilbao etc who can be beaten.

But that's the thing, only Fiorentina is capable of beating those teams and they can finish 3rd in Serie A anyway. Can you imagine banking all your hopes on winning EL and then losing on agg. or something :lol

GorillaJu

I just said before on WhatsApp:

5 years from now, barca head coach Xavi Hernandez: "sterling has barca DNA"

Sterling has the kind of tools to succeed in a Barcelona or Bayern type of team. I just don't know if they'd give Liverpool the kind of money we'd demand when teams like Barça like the buy and develop that type of player when they're 16, not 24

He also shouldn't be saddled with such a burden at such a young age and just let the lad enjoy his football and develop. His current hype is concerning because when it starts to dip the hyenas are going to get on his back in a major way.

wait until Ibe hits the first team, then him and Sterling will both be under pressure

Pennywise

Pls.
Kagawa should have never moved to United, his development was nowhere near finished and he is pretty limited regarding his position.
I said it over and over again, he's a 10.

Maybe Klopp could have made Shinji even better playing other positions as well,but Shinji decided to move to early...

He's had no luck and had to adept to the new league,situation and alot of stuff.
Now, he's just out for to long and doesn't have the match practice to get in form, even though he really needs it badly.
That's a circle he's not going to break at United, he will continue to play as winger or be a bench player.
With United not being able to get two decent wingers or use Mata as on the left wing, it just won't happen.

Nobody will deny that he played alot of bad games, but the whole situation just went to shit with all the stuff going on at United.
He should have left or get out on a loan...if he doesn't leave United or magically get more match practice there, his development will stagnate even more and one hell of a talent will be wasted.

Mata will be fine, he's versatile and one of the remaining players that are actually really good.

Zabojnik

Bilbao needs to shit over Napoli and further underline the superiority of La Liga to all other inferior leagues

We get 13M€ if that happens, so no complaints from me. :D

This is exactly what seems to be happening to Barzagli. :(

Salazar

Should go for a Sporting Lisbon double and get Willy as well.

GDS saying we're in pole position for Benatia :lol

Cuadrado's going to end up staying at Fiorentina.

LTWheels

Sterling, Ibe, Markovic

Pace.

I do hope that Coutinho being out of the game was more of a one off. Southampton do probably have the best two holding midfielders in the league. And playing both Gerrard and Lucas behind him left a large gap for him to play off. Hopefully Can not playing was just so he can watch and get use to the pace of our league.

I felt like by having Henderson out on the right, we missed his link up through the middle. Although I was surprised that Coutinho didn't really drop deep to look for the ball.

Clegg

Surely there's a plan B

Regardless the real fix needs to happen in midfield
Too late for plan b imo. What bothers me about this Di Maria thing is that we've apparently been talking to him for a while now and maybe even agreed wages with him. But we're no closer to actually signing him. PSG have pulled out so we're the only team actually in for him. Should've been done by how. I'm gonna guess that Woodward thought he could haggle the price down because he was the only suitor.

Plasma

Banned
Wilshere coped shit after the Palace game despite playing quite well. It's like when Ramsey was the scapegoat for Arsenal, last season it was Özil who coped it, now it's Wilshere getting the flame thrower. Fuck the media man.

I thought Wilshere had a better game than Ramsey not sure where the criticism is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom