• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

On to the next one. I've missed this. The relentless accumulation of points in threes. Imagine if we roll into the Etihad and do a job. Imagine.

Looking forward to the match tonight. Chelsea have it easy to kick things off and I fully expect them to capitalise. Not getting completely murdered would be a good result for Burnley.

I won't put it past you. Great time for us to meet really, either team can win and the timing isn't as deadly as it was last season at Anfield.

WJD

This Granny Smith is well soft

Mid morning snack has been ruined.

Made up though that I can just get home tonight and within minutes there'll be more live Premier League football on and, if mum's feeling generous, a Chili Con Carne.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Are United fans really planning a protest against the Glazers at the next home game vs. QPR?

Seen it on Twitter, not sure if it's genuine or not.

Yeah that'll work. The Glazers are filthy rich, run multiple billion dollar companies and they're a few years away from expiring

But most importantly, are they even in England? :lol or give two shits about United's games?

All they care about is milking their brand

tumblr_lt6bqdmuxs1qfjsbk.gif

Nicktendo86

Yeah that'll work. The Glazers are filthy rich, run multiple billion dollar companies and they're a few years away from expiring

But most importantly, are they even in England? :lol or give two shits about United's games?

All they care about is milking their brand

tumblr_lt6bqdmuxs1qfjsbk.gif
One of them was at the utd game on Saturday.

Oxx

This Granny Smith is well soft

Mid morning snack has been ruined.

Made up though that I can just get home tonight and within minutes there'll be more live Premier League football on and, if mum's feeling generous, a Chili Con Carne.

All of these Braeburns are flawed.

Clegg

AS survey;

Di Maria or James, who should be the starter in the first leg of the Spanish Supercup?

:lol What have you done, Floren?

#TeamJames

Don't worry, Di Maria will stay. There's no chance we'll bid enough to get hin.

Then Woodward will say we tried really hard to get him, but just fell short. He's played this perfectly. We lost yesterday, oh but look, Di Maria is coming! Then when the window is closed he'll assure us thet we're the biggest club in the world and have no problem in spending big.

Nicktendo86

Don't worry, Di Maria will stay. There's no chance we'll bid enough to get hin.

Then Woodward will say we tried really hard to get him, but just fell short. He's played this perfectly. We lost yesterday, oh but look, Di Maria is coming! Then when the window is closed he'll assure us thet we're the biggest club in the world and have no problem in spending big.
Yep. Its all a distraction, throwing breadcrumbs at fans in order to keep us happy. It's why they brief the press about it, there is zero chance we will sign anyone like di maria. Zero. Maybe blind and Rojo, that's it.

LegoArmo

The versatility of Blind, Rojo and Di Maria would be vital.

I wonder if we'll hear Old Trafford in a chorus of "Ar-gen-tina! Ar-gen-tina!" once again. It didn't work out too well last time.

LegoArmo

Couple that to the £120m or so spent on Fellaini, Herrara, Shaw & Mata.
United waste a lot of money, and they rarely make much selling these days.

Benatia and Vidal are pipe dreams, both seem off, or never on.

Blind, Rojo and Di Maria could end up being just about enough.

Just Blind and Rojo and the laughs will be heard across the country.

WJD

Just got a voicemail from an Oxford marketing company I applied for like 2 months ago. Can barely remember what they do but I hear Oxford is nice.

We will take the laughs we still need Blind and Rojo too.

dc89

@OliverKayTimes
Beckenbauer cites "top clubs like Real or Manchester" as theoretical 2015 destinations for Reus. Remember when that automatically meant Utd?

Even the journo's are laying it on thick!

Couple that to the £120m or so spent on Fellaini, Herrara, Shaw & Mata.

Herrera + Shaw + Mata are fine. We needed those reinforcements too.

We overpaid for Shaw though, English tax and what not.

It just shows what kind of shit Fergie was able to get from the utter crap squad we had.

Rojo 15m
Blind 15m
Benatia 30m
Di Maria 50m
Vidal 50m

That would completely balance the squad and sort a lot of problems out.

One hundred and sixty fucking million.

First of all, doubt that is their actual prices, but lets not forget wages is just a big factor here as the actual transfer money. If it was that easy chances would be even Woodwards would have done it.

The biggest problem with our buys is that we are one of the biggest clubs in the world, raking shitload of profits.

Yet we are so underwhelming this transfer season :(

L1NETT

I looked up Craig Sainsbury for some hilarious united related twitter waffle but his account seems to have taken a dark turn

Making some really vile stuff up, whichever 12 year old runs that account.

@OliverKayTimes
Beckenbauer cites "top clubs like Real or Manchester" as theoretical 2015 destinations for Reus. Remember when that automatically meant Utd?

Even the journo's are laying it on thick!

Yeah I remember, in like the 1990's. Real have always been able to compete for signings since the start of the 2000's and the 'Galaticos' era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom