• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

I looked up Craig Sainsbury for some hilarious united related twitter waffle but his account seems to have taken a dark turn

Making some really vile stuff up, whichever 12 year old runs that account.

Just had a gander. Proper belter.

At least he doesn't have thousands of followers like some of the other make-believe bellends.

Manager

WTF, PSG got Aurier on loan? How the hell did the former club agree to that? Must've been a "secret" promise to buy, just to get around FFP?

The chairman was cocky when they signed Luiz, looks like they finally understood FFP now, doesn't seem to sign anyone.

They offered him one?

Why, is it HG player related?

Yeah probably, but I don't think Pellegrini said when. Maybe he got it last summer when he still was OK.

Hixx

STEVE Parkin expects Jordan Pickford to grow into his role of City number one after his first clean sheet.

The Sunderland youngster protected the unbeaten start to the season with a crucial late save in Saturday's 0-0 draw at Walsall.

Pickford, who had a mixed debut against Coventry the week before, bounced back well to deny home midfielder Adam Chambers in stoppage time.

City number two Parkin said: "He's a young goalkeeper who's brave, makes good decisions and stands by them.

"There's no doubt he will make a few mistakes. But the one outstanding thing about him is that he's a terrific character.

" We're really delighted he kept his concentration as long as he did to make that save in the end."

Pickford is barred from playing in the Capital One Cup by the Premier League club and had spent the first half of the week in the north-east getting treatment for an adductor strain.

Parkin said: "He's had a bit of discomfort so he spent three days back up at Sunderland and wasn't involved with us.

"I thought his kicking was exemplary again and he also came and took a couple of really good crosses.

"There's no doubt in my mind he's going to be an outstanding goalkeeper."

l1nett m8

Your manager thinks you know NOWT

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
rvy close your eyes

In response to Benfica’s threat of legal action over an illegal approach for Luisao, Juventus have reportedly made clear their position.

The Gazzetta report also that Juve explain that the blame should lie with Luisao, and that it was he who initiated contact between the parties, ‘expressing his desire to end his career at a big club like Juventus’.

MilanGAF open your eyes

Christian Abbiati is reportedly interested in a return to Juventus,

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
fckIk7o.jpg

rvy close your eyes

MilanGAF open your eyes
We need him for our homegrown CL tea- oh. Go for him, we'll even throw Agazzi in the deal just because.
I don't see Inzaghi making it past dec and that disgusting 4-3-3 needs to go.

If we DO get Pandev I'm 100% skipping this season.

He's more than welcome to leave.

Inzaghi, unlike Seedorf, is Galliani's little boy, like Allegri. I think he'll be our coach AT LEAST until June 2015. Hell, maybe even until June 2016.
In the end, even Galliani knows that it's not Inzaghi's fault if we're playing like this.

L1NETT

l1nett m8

Your manager thinks you know NOWT

Parkin ain't our manager son :)

Still a flappy little sod but did make a good save against the Saddlers I'll give him that

I thought you didn't care about our meaningless little league? Deserved to be playing championship football at least or summat like that

He'll come good though, don't you worry your northern little head

Yeah probably, but I don't think Pellegrini said when. Maybe he got it last summer when he still was OK.

Gotcha. Richards needs to be playing football anywho, and I still think he's got bags of talent somewhere under all those injuries.

Man United is the new Arsenal.

We have taken your place among the elite.

I've thought this for a while now.
I genuinely believe that Woodward had been told to spend the minimum possible to maintain 4th.
He ballsed up last year and may do the same again.

Feorax

Might be a bit late on this, but just seen te reports that Monaco's owner has a £3bn divorce settlement to pay, and that's one of the reasons why James has gone, and Falcao is being shopped around Europe. Also sounds like Monaco's higher ups have given up on the project somewhat.

Be very interesting if Real Madrid really don't intend to move for him this window, because it looks like he's off somewhere.

Arnie

Might be a bit late on this, but just seen te reports that Monaco's owner has a £3bn divorce settlement to pay, and that's one of the reasons why James has gone, and Falcao is being shopped around Europe. Also sounds like Monaco's higher ups have given up on the project somewhat.

Be very interesting if Real Madrid really don't intend to move for him this window, because it looks like he's off somewhere.
Come aboard Rad lad.

Even if just for a year. Think of it as an extended cruise.

Arnie

Looking at the Sky chart, Liverpool and Chelsea have spent the most but aren't close to having the highest net spend when you account for their outgoings.

Arsenal, United and City will probably be fairly high. I know the former sold Vermaelen, and City sold Rodwell, but they were fairly minor deals.

Jabo

We need him for our homegrown CL tea- oh. Go for him, we'll even throw Agazzi in the deal just because.

Inzaghi, unlike Seedorf, is Galliani's little boy, like Allegri. I think he'll be our coach AT LEAST until June 2015. Hell, maybe even until June 2016.
In the end, even Galliani knows that it's not Inzaghi's fault if we're playing like this.

PkigTlr.gif

Looking at the Sky chart, Liverpool and Chelsea have spent the most but aren't close to having the highest net spend when you account for their outgoings.

Arsenal, United and City will probably be fairly high. I know the former sold Vermaelen, and City sold Rodwell, but they were fairly minor deals.

Aye, 70 odd million of Chelsea' is covered by Luiz and Lukaku sales.

Arnie

Aye, 70 odd million of Chelsea' is covered by Luiz and Lukaku sales.
Forgot about Lukaku.

Chelsea have done really well this window. Still can't believe they flogged Luiz for that fee.

You've got like a £10 million net spend.

Ours might be quite high after we get Falcao. Even once we get Agger and Borini through the door.

Fry

Forgot about Lukaku.

Chelsea have done really well this window. Still can't believe they flogged Luiz for that fee.

You've got like a £10 million net spend.

Ours might be quite high after we get Falcao. Even once we get Agger and Borini through the door.

wut m8

rossonero

Indeed, Galliani knows that Seedorf wasn't to blame for the results in the spring and he'll not throw Pippo to the wolves as easily as he did with Clarence.

I have nothing against Abbiati leaving. Sure he has been good to us, but I haven't forgotten the fascist jumping with the Juve curva so if he wants to leave then alright.

The sale of Rodwell and Garcia makes up around £25m, wouldn't call that minor.

Meier

City have received £10.25 from Rodwell and £2m from Barry. Should get at least £5-6m between Guidetti and Sinclair. Richards maybe £4-5m and who knows about Nastasic -- at least £10m. We are also getting some sort of loan fee from Valencia for Zucilini. Should end up with £20m net spend at most (not including future variables).

Arnie

Taking the piss.

Sturridge/lambert future. Not even considering Borini. His movement's so good he's already left my consciousness.

Also, considering the ice bucket challenge bollocks that's invading our Twitter feeds, it was nice to see Mr Alegri throwing a gigantic bucket of icy water all over the Vidal transfer.

Fry

Taking the piss.

Sturridge/lambert future. Not even considering Borini. His movement's so good he's already left my consciousness.

Also, considering the ice bucket challenge bollocks that's invading our Twitter feeds, it was nice to see Mr Alegri throwing a gigantic bucket of icy water all over the Vidal transfer.

I think we will still sign somebody!

Arnie

I think we will still sign somebody!
I don't.

Nobody out there to buy.

Seems we only really want a player capable of starting and that dilutes the list to Cavani and Falcao, both of which we've enquired about yet seem entirely unfeasible for various reasons.

Club has already said it won't panic buy and I fully believe them. Eto'o transfer is off, thank god. Rather play someone from the ressies or stick Suso as a false nine than wobble through the fixture list with that cunt.

pulga

Banned
Let's spare the rest of the thread from our shit transfer business. We hear about it every day.

If only the rest of your UnitedBros could be as gallant as you, kind KidA.

NEWSFLASH: You aint getting shit guys. And if you do, it's shit you're gonna get.

Zabojnik

Taking the piss.

Arnie, some dude named Richard Newman is hating on you on twitter. Just thought you should know.

Completely unrelated to anything being discussed here but we've signed former Norwich striker Simeon Jackson on a one year deal. Fantastic signing for League One that.

Now, where are the rest of the lower league fans?

L1NETT

Completely unrelated to anything being discussed here but we've signed former Norwich striker Simeon Jackson on a one year deal. Fantastic signing for League One that.

Now, where are the rest of the lower league fans?

Gills m8 of mine is gutted he didn't come back to them. Legend over there

Good signing that

Edging closer to going to Crawley tomorrow. Got the football bug but I fucking hate that hole. Gah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom