• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

I'm getting into BPL again. I got into it a bit a couple world cups ago and started following Aresenal. But eventually faded as it was such a hassle with the limited TV coverage in the US back then. With the NBC contract now it's super eas with every game either on TV or online. I watched all the televised games this weekend, and have the Chelsea game set to DVR and watch tonight.

I was happy Aresenal managed to nab the 3 points, but not that it was such a struggle at home against Crystal Palace. Man City I thought was the most impressive so far opening week, Newcastle played vest well against them too.
Welcome!

Arsenal have recruited a fair few fans in this thread lately.

I'm getting into BPL again. I got into it a bit a couple world cups ago and started following Aresenal. But eventually faded as it was such a hassle with the limited TV coverage in the US back then. With the NBC contract now it's super eas with every game either on TV or online. I watched all the televised games this weekend, and have the Chelsea game set to DVR and watch tonight.

I was happy Aresenal managed to nab the 3 points, but not that it was such a struggle at home against Crystal Palace. Man City I thought was the most impressive so far opening week, Newcastle played vest well against them too.
Another Arsenal fan yessssss

One step closer to Footy GAF domination.

Indeed, Galliani knows that Seedorf wasn't to blame for the results in the spring and he'll not throw Pippo to the wolves as easily as he did with Clarence.

I have nothing against Abbiati leaving. Sure he has been good to us, but I haven't forgotten the fascist jumping with the Juve curva so if he wants to leave then alright.

He's been good until 2011-2012, then he became really bad, especially when we had to defend on set pieces. Also, he's old, even for a GK and would probably just play a couple of Coppa Italia games so yeah, it's no big deal if he leaves.

If Abbiati leaves we'd have to keep both Agazzi and Gabriel: the latter needs to play and grow up somewhere else on a loan, I'm not sure what a season spent sitting on the bench could do for him.

Salazar

Doh, I felt like I was forgetting someone -- good call. To think that City could significantly improve the overall squad and come out spending a net of less than £10m in transfer fees after bringing in 6 players (one for half a season) is incredible.

0klD4EL.gif

Hope Southampton do some more business. I groaned when Wanyama went down holding his ankle. Thought he was broken again.

Completely unrelated to anything being discussed here but we've signed former Norwich striker Simeon Jackson on a one year deal. Fantastic signing for League One that.

Now, where are the rest of the lower league fans?

I've been impressed with the signings we've made this season. We're used to having a forward with pace and it was evident we were lacking in this department when we played Cardiff.

Zabojnik

Turkish news is going hard with a story about Juventus going after Semih Kaya for 8mil.

I've read about that. Who is he and why shouldn't I be excited?

Also, we've signed another CB. "Juventus have acquired center back Marcelo Djalo (20) from Granada. Former Real Madrid youth product."

Any good?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He's been good until 2011-2012, then he became really bad, especially when we had to defend on set pieces. Also, he's old, even for a GK and would probably just play a couple of Coppa Italia games so yeah, it's no big deal if he leaves.

If Abbiati leaves we'd have to keep both Agazzi and Gabriel: the latter needs to play and grow up somewhere else on a loan, I'm not sure what a season spent sitting on the bench could do for him.

Is Seedorf still suing Milan (a club owned by BERLU) or did he come back to his senses? :lol

Arnie

Southampton were really good. Really, really good. They've got tons more money to spend and I hope they spend it. Tadic was brilliant, as was JWP. Even Wanyama had a game.

They had us in midfield, what with fucking Lucas shuffling about all over the gaff pushing people over and looking generally dizzy. Gerrard also struggled without being the lone deep-ranger he's been over the last few months.

Against City I want to see Allen or Can in for Lucas, Henderson more central, and Moreno in for Johnson.

Southampton were really good. Really, really good. They've got tons more money to spend and I hope they spend it. Tadic was brilliant, as was JWP. Even Wanyama had a game.

They had us in midfield, what with fucking Lucas shuffling about all over the gaff pushing people over and looking generally dizzy. Gerrard also struggled without being the lone deep-ranger he's been over the last few months.

Against City I want to see Allen or Can in for Lucas, Henderson more central, and Moreno in for Johnson.

Aye, Saints be good.

Against City I want both teams to get 5 red cards each.

Salvadora

Koscielny was in training today and has travelled to Turkey.

Not keen on putting an unfit Mertesacker in the starting line-up, so this will do.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What are we doing, Yurt? Why are we doing this? What's the point of it all?

pretty sure he's just Morata's friend or something.

There's no point. The Juventini mind is in complete disarray. Knowledge has stretched itself to the point where neither the world nor our intelligence can find any foot-hold. It is a fact that we are suffering from nihilism. I think you can get to a point where nihilism, if that's the right word, is overwhelming, and the basic laws that society has set up - either religious or social laws - become meaningless. Like, why do we even watch football? It's just plain silly. Why am I even typing this on an online forum? Brb achieving

pulga

Banned
I've read about that. Who is he and why shouldn't I be excited?

Also, we've signed another CB. "Juventus have acquired center back Marcelo Djalo (20) from Granada. Former Real Madrid youth product."

Any good?

Never heard of him. Probably shit if he's at Granada.

Full story on Schweinsteiger's injury.

Can this season start any worse?

http://www.espnfc.com/bayern-munich/story/1990630/knee-injury-forces-schweinsteiger-layoff

If only you had a younger Schweini-type in the ranks...maybe you did, it kinda rings a bell

There's no point. The Juventini mind is in complete disarray. Knowledge has stretched itself to the point where neither the world nor our intelligence can find any foot-hold. It is a fact that we are suffering from nihilism. I think you can get to a point where nihilism, if that's the right word, is overwhelming, and the basic laws that society has set up - either religious or social laws - become meaningless. Like, why do we even watch football? It's just plain silly. Why am I even typing this on an online forum? Brb achieving

fuck now you reminded me why i was fucking off in the first place

ADIOS FOOTYGAF

Lightning

Banned
Koscielny was in training today and has travelled to Turkey.

Not keen on putting an unfit Mertesacker in the starting line-up, so this will do.
Would rather an unfit Mertesacker play then we risk Koscielny's achilles injury. They can end seasons.

More like he's given up on us.

we wanted him on loan with an option to co-own the loanership
Oh. I thought you wanted to actually buy him like us.

Took me a few times to understand what this little guy was saying: https://vine.co/v/M3H1B5KhduZ. I didn't actually watch United's game to know if Nani was as useless as he's indicating but it's funny just the same.

Nani had a good game. No idea why this clip is everywhere right now. As you can see the clip is from the Sunderland match last season. A lot of United fans detest Nani to the point that it doesn't matter what he does on the pitch.

Zabojnik

Given up on Manolas?

We weren't the only club interested in him. That's all that it takes for us to be automatically eliminated from any negotiation. #MercatoWeaklings

I really like Allegri, whats wrong with me??

You have stared into the face of pure incompetence
Seedorf & Inzaghi
and felt a sudden stab of nostalgia.
Hopefully Inzaghi does well. Juve semi-legend.

Brb suiciding.

Salazar

If You Are The One sucked me back in last night

05w0ZPh.jpg

Bloke was down to a woman with no arms. She rejected him, but asked for a hug. Afterward, he described her as an angel. An angel without any wings.

Chinese dating shows are peerless tv.

inky

At first I was like, ooh Fox Sports

then I see sourced from Goal

fuck off Fox and Goal

Goal has "confirmed" more deals this window than United has probably done in the past 10 years. I know they are an aggregation site (Kotaku anyone?) but it's kind of hilarious.

You'd think they bought Vidal 20 times now if you visit Goal.

Manager

Doh, I felt like I was forgetting someone -- good call. To think that City could significantly improve the overall squad and come out spending a net of less than £10m in transfer fees after bringing in 6 players (one for half a season) is incredible.

Txiki has been incredible, Fernando looked fantastic yesterday. But the big evaluation will come on Mangala, I'm getting a bit nervous when there's so many people saying he isn't all that.

Apparently he played as striker until he was ~16 and changed to full back, that's not so many years ago... only converted to CB a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom