• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh. I thought you wanted to actually buy him like us.

Do we ever?

we'll only buy him if:

-he's Italian
-Plays for Atalanta or Udinese (if he's co-owned between them both then he's basically a Juve player)
-he's a reject
-past his prime
-past his expiration date
-has a terminal (preferably noncontagious) disease
-his price is below 18 million (or 15, really)
-grows his own hair/facial hair

D_prOdigy

Nani had a good game. No idea why this clip is everywhere right now. As you can see the clip is from the Sunderland match last season. A lot of United fans detest Nani to the point that it doesn't matter what he does on the pitch.

You are to Nani what Wilbur is to Moyes. Where's the blog post.

Manager

Please send Nastasic our way.

Oh, right, we just signed a noname CB.

City are not selling you anything, all Italian teams want is players on loan with the option to buy. They've harassed City all summer long with option to buy offers on Jovetic, Nastasic, Garcia and whatnot. Hopefully some Russian team can come in.

Meier

Is that kid's accent particularly strong?

I don't even know anymore
It's pretty strong, but it's always hard to understand kids. The fact he uses "sat" and "me dad" doesn't help since everywhere else would use "sitting" and "my".

Txiki has been incredible, Fernando looked fantastic yesterday. But the big evaluation will come on Mangala, I'm getting a bit nervous when there's so many people saying he isn't all that.
I've watched him play many times since I follow Porto tangentially. He's incredibly talented but still a bit raw. If you watch him play, you'll see a lot of Vinnie in his style. Due to the fact he was converted to a CB, he takes some risks with the ball and always wants to push up-field so you take the good with the bad. There may be a few growing pains, but his pace and aerial strength is second to none and I think they'll be a fantastic partnership.

I made a gfy of a goal he scored last season: http://gfycat.com/OldIndelibleImpala (maybe a bit offside but the technique is unreal) -- 13 megs for the gif so I've linked to the html5 version.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck Deschamps! What a shit manager.

tumblr_na698sycTI1ttay5mo2_500.gif

WJD

Didn't think Nani was that horrific either. There were definitely more ineffective players out there.

---

Got an interview in Oxford next week. Still not entirely sure what this agency do.

DBT85

Moved in with my GF on Saturday after work, today I finally got the HTPC, Amp and PS4 hooked up. I feel at home again.

41 points in the FF with just Fabregas as captain and Lafferty to play.

Is Seedorf still suing Milan (a club owned by BERLU) or did he come back to his senses? :lol
I think things calmed down a month ago and even his agent said something in that regard (I might be wrong about this, though). He's still paid by Milan, of course, but the whole suing thing never came up again after June.

L1NETT

It's pretty strong, but it's always hard to understand kids. The fact he uses "sat" and "me dad" doesn't help since everywhere else would use "sitting" and "my".

Huh. I think that kid's accent is pretty mild. And me dad and sat are right common.

Was watching a giantbomb cricket thing and they all thought David Lloyd was posh. Bloke's northern as anything

It's fair enough though, i couldn't tell difference between somebody from Vermont and another from California.

Got an interview in Oxford next week. Still not entirely sure what this agency do.

lots of bikes in Oxford

That's all the info I got. Good luck sir

Manager

I've watched him play many times since I follow Porto tangentially. He's incredibly talented but still a bit raw. If you watch him play, you'll see a lot of Vinnie in his style. Due to the fact he was converted to a CB, he takes some risks with the ball and always wants to push up-field so you take the good with the bad. There may be a few growing pains, but his pace and aerial strength is second to none and I think they'll be a fantastic partnership.

I made a gfy of a goal he scored last season: http://gfycat.com/OldIndelibleImpala (maybe a bit offside but the technique is unreal) -- 13 megs for the gif so I've linked to the html5 version.

I've heard similar, it's just so surreal to always hear "he's still raw" for someone who cost £32m...

Elchele

I watched 'In the Name of the Father" yesterday. damn

those people can't sue the government of England? at least get millions out of the shit they had to live

Hixx

I never understand what you mean when you say "like" on Mumble at the end of a sentence. "He was all over the pitch like". I rarely see it in text, even on forums.

One day I will talk naturally and you won't understand a word I say. I promise.

Hixx

One day my English teacher laughed at me because I pronounced laugh like "larf" and aunty as "arrrnty".

janitorneveragain.gif

Meier

Huh. I think that kid's accent is pretty mild. And me dad and sat are right common.

Oh yeah, I just mean outside Britain -- nowhere else in the world other than maybe some former (and current) British colonies says "say next to" or "me dad". So anyone who isn't a native speaker would probably have even more difficulty because grammatically he's made two errors to them.

L1NETT

haha.

Maybe I should be a Barca fan. Overmars, Petit, Henry, Van Bronckhorst, Fabregas, Song, Vermaelen.

Hleb is crying now Shanks

wherever the fuck he is

Oh yeah, I just mean outside Britain -- nowhere else in the world other than maybe some former (and current) British colonies says "say next to" or "me dad". So anyone who isn't a native speaker would probably have even more difficulty because grammatically he's made two errors to them.

that's what accents are

Hixx

He hasn't made errors, it's called a fucking dialect.

Arnie

Errors?

You wa?

You sound like my colleagues. Expand your mind m8.

Meier

I've heard similar, it's just so surreal to always hear "he's still raw" for someone who cost £32m...

Oh yeah, I agree. Raw is probably a bit of a misnomer, maybe it's just more accurate to say he isn't a finished product. Objectively, we've probably overpaid, but in the current market for defenders and the fact he's come from Portugal, it's an okay price. Look at what Madrid paid for Pepe and Coentrao -- neither were €30m players, but they were buying for the future and buying from Portugal. You just have to spend an arm and a leg there. No two ways around it.

omgkitty

Sam ‏@samuelJayC 56s

LRT: Greek press understand Arsenal have agreed £8.8m fee with Olympiakos for Greece defender Manolas. Terms agreed.

Michael Kantaris ‏@grkmikey95 46m

Arsenal & Olympiacos have found an agreement of €11 million for Kostas Manolas, he will be earning around €1.5 million a year. (@sport24)

Meier

He hasn't made errors, it's called a fucking dialect.

You've completely skipped over the context and what I actually said. I said he made to errors to them -- which means from their perspective. Both of those things are unquestionably grammatical errors to someone who hasn't learned how to speak English in Britain. That's not something open for debate.

This would happen if you had someone trying to understand any number of accents including regional American ones (New York, Boston). Slow your roll, gents.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What happened with that anyway? Didn't Deschamps say he was gonna sue Nasri's girlfriend for it?
Nasri and his whore are beneath Sir Didi. Ain't nobody got time for that
I think things calmed down a month ago and even his agent said something in that regard (I might be wrong about this, though). He's still paid by Milan, of course, but the whole suing thing never came up again after June.
is it really worth it to sue your former club anyway? Just talk shit in the media like everyone and be done with it :lol

start with "Your dictionary is BALLIN'"

and then suggest they buy Urban Dictionary in your first day at work. Instant promotion

Salvadora

Sam ‏@samuelJayC 56s

LRT: Greek press understand Arsenal have agreed £8.8m fee with Olympiakos for Greece defender Manolas. Terms agreed.

Michael Kantaris ‏@grkmikey95 46m

Arsenal & Olympiacos have found an agreement of €11 million for Kostas Manolas, he will be earning around €1.5 million a year. (@sport24)
Bit doubtful about those wages, as it would work out at about £23,000 p/w.

That would be shockingly low for an internationally capped, senior player.
Nice, know nothing about him but it's got the potential to be a canny one.

Are arsenal playing tonight?
Tomorrow.

GorillaJu

Nothing sweeter than being a few points up in head to head and your opponent has the same player starting as you.

Haha

I'll post the first week h2h results when the round is over. Right now there's a 30-30 tie that should hopefully be settled tonight, and a good Chelsea result might help Viva beat his opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom