• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

This looks straight out of FIFA, complete with the insane speed burst the defender always seems to get. The Octopus' tentacles were out yesterday.

I saw you edited the post, I rehosted that GIF on Minus. I've learned the hard way to not trust weird/unknown GIF hosts, after I posted a goal GIF in the NHL thread. A few hours later it had been changed to a gif of some dudes banging eachother, they were not happy in there.

dc89

Rob Shepherd @robshepherd5 · 24m
LVG on brink of showdown with Woodward #mufc

Ruh-roh. He's gonna resign.

@DTguardian confirming Utd pulled out of Mangala deal due to Utd determining him as too expensive

@DTguardian confirming that Benatia was never in Utds thinking, Benatia was plan B for City to Mangala which Utd knew & never challenged

United to sign no one confirmed. Everyones too expensive.

Elchele

Nicolai Jørgensen, the former Leverkusen player, is out... Which is sad, he's the one player who could create something out of nothing and make a surprise. Right now we're just fucked, wont even be fun to watch.

will be interesting to watch Leverkusen under Schmidt (RB Salzburg legend), I doubt they are playing the way he wants yet, so FCK has a chance, they are in a transition period

Does LvG have any history of shaming the people in charge if he is unhappy with them? I like to think if he wants something, doesnt get it, he will be the same with them as he is the players.

Unhappy? He has 9 players injured, does he look unhappy?

And don't worry, he can sign players in 24 hours. Remember>

Salvadora

It's all coming up Moyes.
Well I never quite understood all the hype surrounding him. He's quite good yeah, but he is far from a player like Verratti.

Plus he and his mother are always complaining about his supposed lack of play time, but considering his young age and the squad that we have he should consider himself lucky to have played that much.
Just read an article that was comparing his attitude to Anelka/Bendtner :(

Do not want if so.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Unhappy? He has 9 players injured, does he look unhappy?

And don't worry, he can sign players in 24 hours. Remember>

Im sure he can, Woodward however has made it so we have signed the least number of players in the premier league and according to one stat I read, but is probably not true but would be fun if it is, we are 91st out of 92 English clubs in terms of number of signings this window.

If thats true I kinda love it

Does LvG have any history of shaming the people in charge if he is unhappy with them? I like to think if he wants something, doesnt get it, he will be the same with them as he is the players.

I think it's well documented in his time at Barca and Bayern that he essentially fell out with the board both times. He also fell out with Ronald Koeman at Ajax, also Zlatan too. He even fell out with RVP, dropping him from the Dutch squad before making him captain after they reconciled.

Zabojnik

How good is Rabiot anyway? We're probably counting on the Pogba & Coman effect and want to sign him on a free next summer. Which won't happen, obviously.

v1a.gif

Nani with a shit cross, even back then.

omgkitty

What is your opinion on him? Could he be what Arsenal are missing in midfield?

http://londontoturin.wordpress.com/2013/11/28/have-psg-pulled-a-rabiot-out-of-the-hat-with-adrien/

Sounds like he'd be more of a project, and definitely wouldn't slot into the starting line-up immediately. Can't say it's that bad since Wenger does seem to trust Arteta still, so if we could buy him and use this year to ease him in and then assess next summer if he's ready or not. Certainly a more cost effective risk than someone like Carvalho who'd cost over 5 times more.

GQman2121

Banned
He's in the last year of his first senior contract so everyone is nipping at his heels. PSG publicly freaked the fuck out at the concept of City signing Matuidi on a free/Bosman deal and so I'm sure everyone is hedging their bets a little bit.

Dude got a year left of his contract, apparently is refusing to sign a new one... So it kind of makes sense a lot would try and get him.

I think his only agent is his mom right now, believe it or not.

Apparently he won't sign a contract extension, and with his contract due to expire next June, we are pretty keen on selling him.

I see. So it's a favorable contract situation for the clubs that are interested. I was under the impression that he just wanted out because he wasn't getting the minutes. I know he was loaned out last year, but even then didn't play an awful lot.

Barzul

Bit doubtful about those wages, as it would work out at about £23,000 p/w.

That would be shockingly low for an internationally capped, senior player.

Tomorrow.

He plays in Greece though. Wages can't have been very high to begin with. Plus he's young. What Rodgers said this weekend rings true. Young English players are so overpayed, it distorts our views on what players at that level should really be earning.

I see. So it's a favorable contract situation for the clubs that are interested. I was under the impression that he just wanted out because he wasn't getting the minutes. I know he was loaned out last year, but even then didn't play an awful lot.

It was from January 2013 to the summer. 13 matches isn't all that bad considering he was 18. Last season he played about the same amount of matches, in a PSG squad and scored two goals. Not bad at all stats wise.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
first Coman and now Rabiot

and probably Lavezzi and Pastore in the future

tumblr_lzbskgY7rj1qdjz96.gif

SHOULDA GIVEN US THE WHITE POGBA INNIT

omgkitty

That's what I was under the impression of as well. Of all the clubs talking to him, I don't see him automatically slotting in any of those clubs either. I think he'd get more time at Arsenal than PSG, but nothing dramatic.

Salvadora

He plays in Greece though. Wages can't have been very high to begin with. Plus he's young. What Rodgers said this weekend rings true. Young English players are so overpayed, it distorts our views on what players at that level should really be earning.
That may very well be true, but it's the market we live in.

Pretty sure Yaya Sanogo earns more than that (or similar to).

Zabojnik

first Coman and now Rabiot

and probably Lavezzi and Pastore in the future

SHOULDA GIVEN US THE WHITE POGBA INNIT

Think about it. All Marry had to do was not buy a Peluso or a Padoin or buy Ogbonna for 5M€ less and put that money towards signing Verratti. He was basically ours already. Jesus Christ.

Bold One

He just has to build from a position of weakness now, because united don't have the pulling power we used to. This isn't a bad thing we just need better scouts

Evra, vidic , Ronaldo, were all unknown and under 15 million we just have to find value. That and 24hr news coverage click bait articles and social media have really done alot to hinder progress and warp expectations

Jarnet87

Only way to get quality players is to overpay, Woodward doesn't want/can't overpay. Instead rumors of Cleverly getting new deal.

We midtable now

i3J5SeA7W49LD.gif

GQman2121

Banned
It was from January 2013 to the summer. 13 matches isn't all that bad considering he was 18. Last season he played about the same amount of matches, in a PSG squad and scored two goals. Not bad at all stats wise.

That actually is pretty good considering he's a setup player, not a goal scorer. Only just turned 19 too, so his next contract isn't even going to be his big pay day. Going to be interesting to see where he ends up.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Only way to get quality players is to overpay, Woodward doesn't want/can't overpay. Instead rumors of Cleverly getting new deal.

We midtable now

i3J5SeA7W49LD.gif

I took a careful cocktail of pills and now I dont feel nearly as negative (kinda serious), but this would put me slightly near the edge.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Think about it. All Marry had to do was not buy a Peluso or a Padoin or buy Ogbonna for 5M€ less and put that money towards signing Verratti. He was basically ours already. Jesus Christ.
ic9LZ9x1LfzUg.gif

slowly but surely, you'll realise that sacking him and letting Pavel and Paratici handle everything is the answer
Beautiful assist for Cavani at the weekend. Conte needs to build Italy around him.

team? we should build a stadium around him

a city

a country

White Pogba the Redeemer
Give us back the Black one first
tumblr_nahc3axCqv1r30r4xo5_250.gif

Madrid bound I'm afraid

pulga

Banned
Last I heard of LvGs bollocks was that he was gonna shove them down Rooney's throat, but all he ended up giving him was an armband.

That is to say, reports of the grandeur of his bollocks have been greatly exaggerated.

There'll be a conflagration if we don't sign players soon. LvG will be showing his bollocks everywhere.

And this time I fully support him if he goes all godzilla on Woodward.

Holy. Shit. How the hell is he still on helm of our signings after the clusterfuck last year.

Zabojnik

The ice bucket challenge is fast approaching Harlem shake levels of enough already. And I haven't watched a single video yet. But it's for a good cause, so okay internet, you win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom