• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

Think people have been over 1,000 before.

tumblr_inline_mq4e2bCRpA1qz4rgp.gif

Meier

A bird shat in the mouth of a Manchester United player, and the title doesn't reflect that? Bird shit. In his mouth.

Haha, no one else was making the thread so I figured I'd come up with something quickly. That would have been pretty good though. For those who don't "get" the title, it's based off this classic.

AreYouThereGod.jpg

It was a pretty great title given the circumstances.

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. is a 1970 book by Judy Blume, typically categorized as a young adult novel, about a girl in sixth grade who grew up without a religious affiliation. Margaret's mother is Christian and her father is Jewish, and the novel explores her quest for a single religion. Margaret also confronts many other pre-teen female issues, such as buying her first bra, having her first period, coping with belted sanitary napkins (changed to adhesive sanitary pads for recent editions of the book), jealousy towards another girl who has developed a womanly figure earlier than other girls, liking boys, and whether to voice her opinion if it differs from those of her friends.
Ed is going through similar growing pains.

So basically United haggle so much over transfer fees that they run out of time or just piss off the selling club so much that they look elsewhere.

Shambolic

Other clubs dangle players in front of Man U just to keep them distracted from the real business of futbol going on around them.

Zabojnik

Do you think Suarez jokes about his cannibalistic tendencies with his teammates?

"Hey come here a second, Andres. I need your help with something, m8. I promise I won't bite."

And they all laugh.

Haha, no one else was making the thread so I figured I'd come up with something quickly. That would have been pretty good though. For those who don't "get" the title, it's based off this classic.

AreYouThereGod.jpg

No, we got it.

It just was an awful title.

Tc91

Footy Humour @FootyHumour · 21m
Cesc Fabregas got more assists in his first 45 mins for Chelsea than Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley and Fellaini got last season combined.

worst title ever meier.

almost as bad as that Fry one from ages ago.

Every wilbur title is "[shit United player] FOR BALLON D'OR". They even pisses me off, because they are so bad it's all people are going to be arguing about for pages. Fucking thread titles. Of course nothing will ever be as pathetic as some Bayern GAFers pulling the racism card for not wanting Alaba thread title lol

Yen

wtf does "Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had" have to do with Judy Blue?

fuenf

fuenf, you should support the EPL team with the most Germans in it.

Easy choice.

I want to but see below... it wouldnt be right. Özil, Mertesacker, Poldi fucking legends. Gnabry future legend. How's the other one called? Don't you have another 16-something German?

Belgians and Dutch people are pretty much German. So Chelsea it is.

I've got to confess and share one of my darkest secrets. :/ secretly I've always liked .. like is a strong word. Well let's just say Chelsea has always been a love / hate relationship for me (since Roman bought them). there were times when I just didnt know any better... I was young and innocent... and Mou is the most fun manager in the EPL. AND BALLACK!

On the other hand Uwe fucking Rössler played for City. Hamann for Liverpool. FUCK. It's too hard... I'll go with a LaLiga team instead. ;)

FootballFan

Every wilbur title is "[shit United player] FOR BALLON D'OR". They even pisses me off, because they are so bad it's all people are going to be arguing about for pages. Fucking thread titles. Of course nothing will ever be as pathetic as some Bayern GAFers pulling the racism card for not wanting Alaba thread title lol

LOL I forgot that one.

Salvadora

I want to but see below... it wouldnt be right. Özil, Mertesacker, Poldi fucking legends. Gnabry future legend. How's the other one called? Don't you have another 16-something German?
Zelalem? Yeah.

He's been tipped for big things by those in the know. But he seems more likely to declare for the USA judging by how he comes across.

Messi

Youngsters did great. Munir seems like a real talent.

Suarez did nothing, must be broken. Can we return him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom