• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

El Topo

Madrid fans shitting on Casillas instead of their horrible defense is pretty sad.

We should've gotten him instead of Reina as 2nd goalkeeper. Freed him from Madrid. Could've shown him greener pastures.

L1NETT

Glooory glooory Man United
's pundits

OI scholsey get ova here an clean ma boots ya ginger cunt

Yes Roy anything you say Roy

Scholes don't speak like that lad

he'd nod glumly, take off his flatcap and quietly clean his boots while Keane glares at him angrily

How so?

He was given ample opportunity to prove himself and came up short.

Treated like shite is obviously an exaggeration but they never valued him properly.

Shinji actually had a decent start as CAM when Rooney was causing trouble, then unfortunately got injured and got pushed wide because of Rooney/RVP after that. And later, instead of adressing the real problems they had (CM/DM and LW/RW), they signed Mata who basically finished Shinji off.

Sure, you might say that he never played good enough to earn a good spot at the team. But you might also say it's pretty fucking hard to shine in a team in which your midfield partners are Cleverly, Anderson, Young, a 68-year-old Giggs and Jones.

Looooots.

And most of them are insufferable.

Think they were the exact same back in the 90s too in terms of coming out and acting like they all knew better.

Fair enough if Scholes wants to get into punditry. I don't hold that against him. I'm sure he always did think he'd retire silently but it must be weird to wake up with nothing to do.

But as Arnie said, he's almost not stopped. There's no real insight to anything he says...he's just talking.

GQman2121

Banned
Good for Clverley sticking to his guns. Don't take not shit Spider! The fucking balls on this kid!!

97gkDl8.gif

L1NETT

Thing is everyone is gonna be trying to chase the Gary Neville-level punditry so all manner of ex pros are gonna be shoved in front of a camera whether they can form coherent sentences or not

Neil Lennon has been good though, we need more mangers as pundits.

K1LLER7

The Tanc
"Falcao update: Manchester City getting extremely nervous for the delaying. Sheikh Mansour now getting directly involved."

Oh shit, now the Sheikh's involved.

Well to be fair, Wilson, Janujaz, James, there is potential there, Preriera didnt look too bad either. We will still promote youth but you have to promote the right Youth, Blackett im worried about because he is a pile of nerves and mistakes, him and Evans are choking hard.

James isn't some great talent m8. Never was, never will be. For the reserves he was only solid, nothing more. Similar to Blackett, although he's doing well thus far apart from some of his distribution. James has been crap for the first team. Looks way too slow so any great pass that goes his way in space never ends up at his feet. He's also very timid in attack always passing like Cleverley.

Clegg

Agree with L1nett about getting more managers in as pundits. I think they have a better grasp of what's going on at pitch level than most of players turned pundits have. Gary Neville is an exception. I can't watch Jamie Redknapp anymore.

Bold One

Thing is everyone is gonna be trying to chase the Gary Neville-level punditry so all manner of ex pros are gonna be shoved in front of a camera whether they can form coherent sentences or not

Neil Lennon has been good though, we need more mangers as pundits.

so this is all Gary Neville's fault?

K1LLER7

Mendes will be licking his lips.

He's potentially got a bidding war going for Falcao (28), which will most likely be the players last big money move.

GorillaJu

There is a massive gap in quality between Neville's punditry and pretty much anyone else. Carragher is probably second best, I like Danny Murphy's insight but he's not super interesting to listen to. Friedel would make a good pundit. He's got a subtle British tinge to his voice and he's level headed.

Danchi

Hope Falcao gets to move to the club he actually wants to play for rather than who his agent/third parties can get the most cash from.

wedward

I want to say "well they need to fit in all their best players" but the issue is clear. They have too many players of the same type.

Yeah, think we will need to get rid of Santi next summer. Need a naturally left sided player. Everyone wants to play centrally. No discipline.

Turok_TTZ

I care not of today's result. All it means is that we've got more work to do and more stuff to fix before the important matches are upon us.

Considering the change of personnel in the summer. new team needs time to develop.
I am in the opinion we will be the same last year and hopefully we will figure it all out by november or by january minimum.

I really hate Sergio ramos. Means f all to score when you cannot defend a lead. Ramos has shown zero improvement this whole time whilst Varane is on bench...

@ ElChupacabra We will always be suspect in the air and in setpieces so as long as Iker is our gk. We didn't have this problem with Lopez.

Just watched 'The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1', good stuff. Some of the visuals are brilliant. Looking forward to part 2.

However, not looking forward to tomorrow at all, lol. Are we even remotely linked with anyone?

Top Bottom