• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

TeddyBoy

Quick question Liverpool fans (as I've seen something pop up on my twitter timeline) would you rather have had Remy or Balotelli?

Definitely Balotelli.

Remy is a good striker but Balotelli offers so much more for me, I'm not sure Remy can play as a single man up top while both Balo and Sturridge offer that. By playing both Balo and Sturridge both players can hold the ball up so we have more variety in our out ball. Suarez was always quite poor at this, he could never quite relieve the pressure as striker when Sturridge wasn't there.

GorillaJu

What a weekend. Liverpool and Chelsea the only top clubs to take home full points. Real get butt fucked after selling one of their best players in favor of the grand marketing strategy.

Falcao to City... Fucking do it mang. Don't want Arsenal making another big signing.

El Topo

What a weekend. Liverpool and Chelsea the only top clubs to take home full points. Real get butt fucked after selling one of their best players in favor of the grand marketing strategy.

Falcao to City... Fucking do it mang. Don't want Arsenal making another big signing.

They also sold Di Maria, which probably didn't help them either.

Pachimari

I can't believe we actually have a thinner squad while we are competing in more tournaments this season. Makes no sense.

I can't stand that Ancelotti allows Cristiano to play every single game as well when he clearly hasn't recovered from his injury.

Kikarian

Scholes: "Kagawa needed a 10 game run to show what he can do. Never given a chance yet Rooney had 10 years"

It's clearly evident Scholes didn't get on with Rooney.

Some of these videos of Arsenal fans after today's game calling for Wenger to be sacked are great.

BRUV, I CANNOT ACCEPT THIS.

I CANNOT COME TO TERMS WITH DRAWING WITH LEICESTER.

Lightning

Banned
Why is this guy the authority on Arsenal or Falcao?

Neither is associated with Spanish football, which I am to understand he is the 'authority' on
He's not even the authority on Spanish football. He claimed Xabi Alonso was not leaving Madrid. We won't even bid for Falcao but that guy knows nothing about Arsenal.

Clegg

the 24 hours are going to be NUTS!

At least United seem to have gotten their incomings sorted out. Worst part of last year was going into deadline day without having signed anyone.

Still remember it turning 10.30pm and we hadn't signed anyone but had just went through impostergate and the £40m bid for Khedira.

I can't believe we actually have a thinner squad while we are competing in more tournaments this season. Makes no sense.

I can't stand that Ancelotti allows Cristiano to play every single game as well when he clearly hasn't recovered from his injury.

You mean like today, when Ancelotti rested him?

456IARB.jpg

I wanna cuddle him

Shit, remember two years ago? We dreamed of Reus-Kagawa-Kuba. Now we have Reus-Kagawa-Micky.

Wow

Abraxas

Some of these videos of Arsenal fans after today's game calling for Wenger to be sacked are great.

BRUV, I CANNOT ACCEPT THIS.

I CANNOT COME TO TERMS WITH DRAWING WITH LEICESTER.

Those children are twats, and not proper fans. Leicester had us figured out, no more no less.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
At least United seem to have gotten their incomings sorted out. Worst part of last year was going into deadline day without having signed everyone.

Still remember it turning 10.30pm and we hadn't signed anyone but had just went through impostergate and the £40m bid for Khedira.
The Herrera deal was infuriating, so much misinformation and we didn't even get him.

Really hope he comes back and does good, not been hugely impressed but he is at least a step above fletch/clev/Anderson and a starter

I cant wait to browse football gaf on deadline day lol

The best day of the football season here I would imagine.

Figadapaura you are a good sport m8, great bantz

lol it's gonna be entertaining. Can't wait for the all the bullshit reports like last year.

You're not so bad yourself, Disagree Guy. ;p

Salvadora

Wage structure is very conservative, and with good reason , otherwise you end up with twats like rooneh on 300k a week.
Of course, as I've said before, I don't think we will sign him, but we could.

We have strong financial liquidity due to new commercial deals and haven't actually spent all that much this summer. We've had quite a bit of outgoings too (Sagna, Vermaelen, Bendtner, Vela money).

In terms of wage structure, it has been relaxed to a degree. Walcott, Alexis, Ozil and Ramsey are all on more than (or thereabouts) £100,000 p/w. Falcao would demand much more than that, but still.

Salvadora

Very quickly becoming a rent-a-quote is our Scholsey.

Sad to see.
They keep bringing him in during the match on BT to give insight on United and he has literally nothing to say of worth.

Can't remember who said that his autobiography would be a picture book but he's proving that not to be the case these days.

subtles

Real Sociedad lost Griezmann, José Ángel and Bravo, too.

Coming back from two goals down. Just sensational.

Arnie

The Scholes thing isn't nice to see, I'll agree with that.

"I don't like the spotlight, won't be giving interviews, just want to go and live a quiet life"

Next thing he's an ambassador for Paddy Power and providing more columns, interviews and broadcast clips than one could ever consume.

Top Bottom