• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

BwhCwUPCMAACTPl.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It was brought up by Daniel Taylor and a few other journos (something Moyes recognised to his credit and was part of why we were in for Cavani) but it seems Lvg and Moyes have seen that with Mata, RVP and Rooney we play in front of defences and it's making us very easy to defend against.

I feel like LVG's gone for Falcao as he's a striker that tries to stretch defences, which is what Welbeck and Chicha tried to do but weren't super great at.

People keep telling me he is slow though :3

Zabojnik

Quagliarella, Osvaldo, Bonucci, Giaccherini, Giovinco, Zaza and Ogbonna. Conte pls, ahahaha.

"Conte Juventino di merda" in 3, 2, 1 ...

Danchi

What are the exact terms of the deal?

£6m loan fee (though it was rumoured to be way higher initially). Anything from £200,000 to £350,000 a week. One "ITK" posted earlier that Utd would pay Monaco the money to take advantage of the tax situation.

Falcao's agents said it was a loan deal only because of FFP, and that Utd would buy him at the end of the season. Price has ranged from £35m-£45m (on top of the loan fee) on a four-year deal.

bud23

Rumbo < CH14

and James is amazing, definitely Ballon d'or material.

Florentino Is a fucking genius.

La Undécima Is coming. I can already feel it.

Suck it, cunts.

Bold One

Anything from £200,000 to £350,000 a week. One "ITK" posted earlier that Utd would pay Monaco the money to take advantages of tax stuff.

Falcao's agents said it was a loan deal only because of FFP, and that Utd would buy him at the end of the season. Price has ranged from £45-£55m on a four-year deal.

I don't think it matters all that much to Rumbo, probably more like his lawyers and agents trying to make Bank.

I think Falcao just wants to play in a proper league not that joke that is Ligue 1

I still think this is the best transfer window us arsenal fans have had in a long time

That is not saying much.

IMO the needs were at the start of July in order RB, DM, #9, CB. GK

Debauchy: We needed a Sagna replacement, and clearly Wenger doesn't rate Jenkinson even though he is about the same as Gibbs when he took over from Clichy. It is not a position that Wenger is gonna spend money on bringing in a world class replacement, so Debauchy is a dependable PL experienced RB. Not who I wanted, but I understand. Plus it allows the club to groom Bellarin to take over. A decent purchase to replace the one part of the squad we actually needed to replace.

Sanchez: A great purchase, one who can provide the direct threat that we have missed. However, Sanchez was not a priority as he won't be able to perform as a #9 against the highest level and not is natural position. The money would have sadly been better spend on signing a proper #9.

Chambers: A lot of money to spend on someone who is being groomed to play as a CB without much experience there. A nice addition to squad, but still two to three years away.

Ospina: best signing of the window. An upgrade over Fabianski and someone who can really challenge Wojo for the #1 spot.

So starting in August we had removed the need for a RB and a GK. But still needed to sign three players. A DM, a CB who could challenge for a starting place and be a reliable 3rd choice, and a #9. But as the month grew on it became clearer that CB was the priority seeing as we sold our captain and would be relying on two fullbacks as CB cover and a young Spanish CB who was never really in Wenger's plans.

Then Giroud got injured and the priority was CB, #9 and then DM. I don't think Welbeck is the player that we needed and is too much like the other players already at the club. He is an upgrade over Sanogo, but then every single member of FootyGAF would be an upgrade.

But the decision that will screw us out of the CL is not signing a CB and in fact selling one on transfer deadline. We basically have two CBs in our squad, three RBs and two LBs. I am looking forward to the day we have to go to Chelsea in october with the inevitable injury crisis and a back four of Bellarin-Mert-Chambers-Monreal. and fuck if any of them get injured.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dunno which Katy Perry song is this but it sure is catchy

But like every Katy song she always finds a way to fuck it up somehow in the end. The Roma of singers.

Zabo, I've enlisted in a drag race. This weekend. Wish me luck

even though i don't need it *Jon hamm smugface*

Wilbur

Banned
Wedward turned it around

I'll miss him

The best arsebro

Innit. He used to just be one of the stooges but he became the frontman <3

Although he isn't the best ArseBro. Dean is the most sensible (when it comes to footballing opinions, not actual real life business Jesus Christ). Bud is the sexiest. Meus is the funniest.

Clegg

Will be interesting to see if Falcao can rediscover his best form at United. He wasn't the best at Monaco and then did his cruciate. Now he's moving to a much more competitive league. He's absolute quality though so I hope he does well.

Wilbur

Banned
I've had wedward on ignore for a while. How did he improve?

He stopped taking everything so seriously and showed a modicum of self awareness.

Baki would be wise to learn from this.

Every ArseBro can learn from Wedward. When you fly too close to the sun, you either live long enough to become the villain or you die the hero.

Top Bottom