• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Wilbur

Banned
352 isn't going anywhere guys

I think we'll just be able to play both.

Say we start with a 3-5-2:

De Gea; Jones, Rojo, Blind; Rafael, Herrera, Di Maria, Shaw; Rooney; Falcao, van Persie

That can switch to a 4-3-3 relatively easily:

De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Rojo, Shaw; Di Maria, Blind, Herrera; Mata/Januzaj, Falcao/RVP, Rooney

One sub and #wemadeit

Pays to be flexible. B-Rod switches from diamonds to 4-3-3s, experiments with 3-5-2s. Depends on the task at hand innit.

Abraxas

I'm looking on the brightside here: think of all the "flops" that tge petrodollar clubs will be dumping next summer.

Isco, illara, james, neymar, shaqiri, llorente, jovetic, herrera, luiiz, pastore, marquinhos, digne, cavini, oscar, welbeck, benzema, lucas moura, moutinho, martial, the list goes on.

WJD

I think we'll just be able to play both.

Say we start with a 3-5-2:

De Gea; Jones, Rojo, Blind; Rafael, Herrera, Di Maria, Shaw; Rooney; Falcao, van Persie

That can switch to a 4-3-3 relatively easily:

De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Rojo, Shaw; Di Maria, Blind, Herrera; Mata/Januzaj, Falcao/RVP, Rooney

One sub and #wemadeit

Pays to be flexible. B-Rod switches from diamonds to 4-3-3s, experiments with 3-5-2s. Depends on the task at hand innit.

I know I keep banging on about it, but as long as we play a 3 of Carrick/Blind, Herrera and Di Maria in midfield, the 3 in front of them can chop and change as LVG chooses.

That midfield should be consistent though.

Go_Ly_Dow

"Danny Welbeck has been part of United's identity and that has been broken," Phelan told BBC Sport.
"What will happen in the future now, nobody knows but that thread has been broken now."

Agree but can also be argued had his chances and now it paves the way for Wilson.

Niven

That is not saying much.

IMO the needs were at the start of July in order RB, DM, #9, CB. GK

Debauchy: We needed a Sagna replacement, and clearly Wenger doesn't rate Jenkinson even though he is about the same as Gibbs when he took over from Clichy. It is not a position that Wenger is gonna spend money on bringing in a world class replacement, so Debauchy is a dependable PL experienced RB. Not who I wanted, but I understand. Plus it allows the club to groom Bellarin to take over. A decent purchase to replace the one part of the squad we actually needed to replace.

Sanchez: A great purchase, one who can provide the direct threat that we have missed. However, Sanchez was not a priority as he won't be able to perform as a #9 against the highest level and not is natural position. The money would have sadly been better spend on signing a proper #9.

Chambers: A lot of money to spend on someone who is being groomed to play as a CB without much experience there. A nice addition to squad, but still two to three years away.

Ospina: best signing of the window. An upgrade over Fabianski and someone who can really challenge Wojo for the #1 spot.

So starting in August we had removed the need for a RB and a GK. But still needed to sign three players. A DM, a CB who could challenge for a starting place and be a reliable 3rd choice, and a #9. But as the month grew on it became clearer that CB was the priority seeing as we sold our captain and would be relying on two fullbacks as CB cover and a young Spanish CB who was never really in Wenger's plans.

Then Giroud got injured and the priority was CB, #9 and then DM. I don't think Welbeck is the player that we needed and is too much like the other players already at the club. He is an upgrade over Sanogo, but then every single member of FootyGAF would be an upgrade.

But the decision that will screw us out of the CL is not signing a CB and in fact selling one on transfer deadline. We basically have two CBs in our squad, three RBs and two LBs. I am looking forward to the day we have to go to Chelsea in october with the inevitable injury crisis and a back four of Bellarin-Mert-Chambers-Monreal. and fuck if any of them get injured.

It's always the same something needs to change soon!

"Danny Welbeck has been part of United's identity and that has been broken," Phelan told BBC Sport.
"What will happen in the future now, nobody knows but that thread has been broken now."

Agree but can also be argued had his chances and now it paves the way for Wilson.

Utter verifiably incorrect bullshit, Phelan.

Do people not realize that Welbeck was given a chance?

Would have been fine with him staying, but can't say United never gave him a chance before selling him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

What can you possibly do when players are not good enough? Suffer?

People acting like there was an alternative, he didnt show enough, he left.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know why but I still believe in ClevGOD :( his story can't end like this. IT CANT

@KidA (and sometimes Wilbur) since he's the only one interested in our youngsters

With Alvaro Morata injured and Sebastian Giovinco and Fernando Llorente not 100 per cent fit, Coach Massimiliano Allegri turned to Coman to play alongside Carlos Tevez at the Stadio Bentegodi against Chievo.

For the new tactician, it was a bold move. He could have quite easily started Roberto Pereyra - a player who could eventually cost Juventus €15.5m - or shuffled his midfield and pushed Paul Pogba or perhaps Claudio Marchisio further forward.

His decision to field Coman was perhaps a test to see where the youngster is at, but also a great show of faith - one that was rewarded.

With Tevez roaming, Coman was often left as the focal point of the attack. A midfielder by trade, it was an admittedly unfamiliar role, but one he replicated with ease. The Frenchman’s strength and determination made a mockery of his slight frame and allowed him to tussle with the wily veteran Dario Dainelli, while his trickery and turn of pace led to some eye-catching combinations with Pogba and Tevez. All that was missing was a goal - he went close on a few occasions, but it was still a polished debut.

James Pearce ‏@Pearcesport 1h

Cleverley was still at Carrington at 2am trying to get the deal across line. Timings very tight though. Ball now in Premier League court

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 12m

That could change with Villa still waiting to see if paperwork done in time on a loan for Cleverley #MUFC #AVFC

Oh baby.

Possibly some good news United bros!!

Wilbur

Banned
Phelan might be blowing hot air, but I do hope we can keep a British core. Bring dat Wilson through. Upgrade dat academy.

I don't know why but I still believe in ClevGOD :( his story can't end like this. IT CANT

@KidA (and sometimes Wilbur) since he's the only one interested in our youngsters

He looks like a skinnier Pogba :lol it's UNFAIR you have two of them!

Looked good in that highlight video you posted.

Oh baby.

Possibly some good news United bros!!

Will be nice to know he won't be playing for us, but it means losing a body and not getting any money. Hmm.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
MARADONA YOU LEGEND LOOOOOL

After the Match for Peace last night, Diego Maradona criticised the presence of Mauro Icardi at the event.

The Inter striker scored a hat-trick during the game, but fell foul of the former Pibe de Oro’s hostility post-match.

Last December, Maradona had stated that he would have punched Icardi in the face, claiming that when he was a player, if someone looked at another teammate’s wife or fiancée, they would have been killed. Icardi famously stepped into the broken relationship between former teammate at Sampdoria Maxi Lopez and his former wife Wanda Nara.

When Maradona happened to pass through the mixed zone at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome last night, he briefly stated: “Icardi is not part of the football family.”

maradona

Top Bottom