• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

FootballFan

Some people in that thread would wear it.

i9pfaR7vw3JjO.gif

Do you have the whole Dumb and Dumber in GIF form? Please share.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Most misunderstood footballer of all time...pls understand.

I'm not really part of the Wenger out crew but it just feels so easy to pile on at this stage.

Welcome to the zoo!

Who's your least favourite poster?
who's your favourite poster?
Are you aware of Juanpablo, Kermit and Richie?
Are you #TeamRvy or #TeamGypsies?
Is TLoU a 10/10 game or a 7/10 at best?
On a scale of Almunia to Ochoa, how confident are you about getting fourth this season?

Zabojnik

I don't have to imagine Zabo

tumblr_nb6kb5LmLQ1s8z5rho1_250.gif

What I especially like is how a single good showing by Coman was enough for Giovinco to regress in the striker's pecking order, lol. Can't be too happy about that. Or about the fact that we were open to selling him all summer. We've got to keep him somewhat happy though, he could be pretty useful in a theoretical 4-3-3.

TeddyBoy

I was thinking what kind of team we would play in the league cup after the international break, and it's brought home to me just how much we've improved with our depth.

If we were to play only players who have had (or are expected to have) limited playing time so far this season, our reserves would look like;

--------------------Jones (Valdes?)-------------------
Johnson-------Skrtel--------Kolo--------Enrique
-------------------Lucas----------Can------------------
------Borini-------------Suso-----------Lallana-----
--------------------------Lambert------------------------

That's a fucking decent second string team compared to our recent past.

I don't think we'll go 4-2-3-1, we hardly ever play that formation.

I think Odd's right, we'll play Lallana in our starting eleven over Allen and Allen go into our second eleven/bench.

Other than that we'll play 4-3-3 with Borini-Lambert-Suso as our front three (Suso taking Coutinhos role).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What I especially like is how a single good showing by Coman was enough for Giovinco to regress in the striker's pecking order, lol. Can't be too happy about that. Or about the fact that we were open to selling him all summer. We've got to keep him somewhat happy, he could be pretty useful in a theoretical 4-3-3.

One of those days, Giovinco is going to realise just how dead he really is, and that he was never at any point alive with Juventus

and only then, he'll move on

ss4.jpg

loooooool

tried to make a Welbz head and it came out like this (I had to make it avatar size for gaf lol)

8Bc7NnA.png

I don't know how to change it so its the same as all the other heads :(

Zabojnik

Developers/publishers who only release their trailers on YouTube should be shot. YT's compression is fucking ghastly these days.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Look at that Apple interface. Terrible. Fuck Apple.

iPods were cool, but then they ruined everything with iPhones

I genuinely feel chained using an iPhone

iTunes

iSync

iCan'tDoAnythingWithoutPayingMoney

iCantChargeMyPhoneEverywhere

iCunt

FUCK OFF. You're MY phone and not the other way around. WHY CANT YOU LET ME USE YOU

Welcome to the zoo!

Who's your least favourite poster? Wedward
Some of Arse-Gaf can be way too negative at times
who's your favourite poster? Anyone who has said a kind word about Hleb in the past.
Are you aware of Juanpablo, Kermit and Richie? I used to look forward to Kermit's delusional rantings.
Are you #TeamRvy or #TeamGypsies? Team doicare
Is TLoU a 10/10 game or a 7/10 at best? 10
I've never actually played it
On a scale of Almunia to Ochoa, how confident are you about getting fourth this season?
1.5 Fabianski's

L1NETT

Wedward :lol Kick a man while he's down
and out

And how is Team Doicare an answer to that! Unless the gypsies are down to luck

I always imagine Doicare can't get out the house because he is weighed down by horseshoes, four leaf clovers and over lucky charms

Imagine if he walks under a ladder. How awful

Overall its been a good last week or so for transfers

+ Falcao in the prem. He is one of those star players who has a certain aura about him. Maybe the best no.9 currently playing and I'm really looking forward to seeing him in the flesh when he comes to Stamford Bridge.

+ Falcao went to United. Imagine if he went to someone good like City. Even Arsenal. That would be scary. United already had two quality strikers so he is only a slight improvement and he doesn't fix their biggest problems.

+ Chicarito is gone. I hated that cunt

+ Negredo is gone. Around half way through last season he was imo the signing of the summer. He did go off the boil but he was a massive influence on City's premier league success. With Jovetic and Aguero often injured more then they are fit I think he will be missed.

+ Welbeck to Arsenal. The English Kalou. He is not the goal scoring striker Arsenal need and he is prone to making the kind of sloppy mistakes that the Emirates crowd love to boo.

+ Torres is gone.

+ Remy for 10.5m is a good deal for a good back up striker.

+ According to wikipedia Chelsea had a net spend of £0.1m this summer. Thank you PSG.

+ Cech stayed. It's a bit sad seeing him on the bench because he is too good for that and I would have been happy for him if he moved to a decent team abroad but it is great for us having two world class keepers.

So what happened with Monaco? Got rid of their two best players after just one season. Looks like they've just given up already. Doubt they'd even finish second now in Ligue 1

Hahahahaha Fabio has gone and fucked his reputation up so much in one window. Either his agent is a fucking idiot or Fabio is deluded as fuck.

I don't like him any more. Stupid twat. Fucked us over a bit, fucked himself over completely. Least QPR don't get what they want I guess

Now that Agger is gone, I really do hope that Henderson is announced as vice-captain.

Yes

Skrtel or Lovren

Skrtel's not vocal enough, even though he's our second longest servant now I think

Welbeck or Balotelli?

Balotelli if you have room for it to go wrong as we do if Sturridge stays reasonably fit. Welbeck otherwise

@KidA

On paper Mario is really the perfect striker. But i dunno, can Rodgers grow him a brain? We'll see.

Rodgers can get a team with Glen Johnson in it competing for the Premier League. Impossible is nothing.

So question.

Why do people call Woodward.. woowar?

From the old joke 'why does Edward Woodward have 4 Ds in his name? Because otherwise he'd be called Ewar Woowar' I assume

Valdes, a game changer? let's not get carried away here, he's still shit
Valdes was playing at a world class standard before his injury. His ball-playing and sweeping ability is such an upgrade on Mig, it would theoretically completely change the ease with which we play the ball out of defense and get attacks going earlier and more regularly, and would allow the defensive line to play 8-10 yards further up

Fuck Manchester, fuck United, fuck Rambo, fuck the Premier League, fuck football.

Bro, we've still got Sterling and Sturridge. Man Utd getting better hasn't magically made us worse. B-Rod got this league on lockdown

Sunset Overdrive looks rank average

7.8/10

loooooool

tried to make a Welbz head and it came out like this (I had to make it avatar size for gaf lol)

8Bc7NnA.png

I don't know how to change it so its the same as all the other heads :(

Before doing that, crop away all that wasted space... and then retain the aspect ratio when resizing, it might not be 100x120 then, but something like 80x120 works just fine too.

Danchi

So what happened with Monaco? Got rid of their two best players after just one season. Looks like they've just given up already. Doubt they'd even finish second now in Ligue 1

Google "Dmitry Rybolovlev divorce."

They actually have some good young players. Martial can support Berba up front. Carrasco and Ocampos will create chances. Traore is also still there unless the plan is for another loan move?

With Lille having to cut costs, I think they could still push for a Champions League spot.

Clegg

This time last year our only signing was Fellaini. Now we've just signed Falcao to go on top of the Di Maria purchase. We haven't sufficiently strengthened the defence, but I'm a hell of a lot happier than 12 months ago.

It was brought up by Daniel Taylor and a few other journos (something Moyes recognised to his credit and was part of why we were in for Cavani) but it seems Lvg and Moyes have seen that with Mata, RVP and Rooney we play in front of defences and it's making us very easy to defend against.

I feel like LVG's gone for Falcao as he's a striker that tries to stretch defences, which is what Welbeck and Chicha tried to do but weren't super great at.

Top Bottom