• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

D_prOdigy

Welbz wasn't exactly set to go.

It's true that Arsenal didn't particularly want a striker at the start of the day.

It was after we were set to get Falcao that the Welbeck move slid along without friction.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I

BwhvfOpIQAEhQ7o.jpg:large

CANT

Welbz and Pea for Falcao, I'd say thats a great deal.

Our RvP deal also came out of nowhere and everyone was all like 'but you have Rooney', yet RvP was the most crucial player for the title win that season.

Hernandez I don't think so. Welbeck possibly, but I think a move for him was always on the cards because it appeared LVG didn't think he fitted in his 'philosophy'.

My other question then is how long it will take Falcao to adjust. Has he played for Monaco yet since his injury last year?

Also, my man crush on Grealish grew to unsightly heights after this weekend. Took the thrashing he personally received from Hull like a God.

Someone talk me through this because I am very confused. Sunny day, miserable weekend prior and so I think, what better than going on a run and getting a cool water drink? The answer is nothing. So I get my neck stopwatch out and set my timer, trying to beat Fridays attempt to the shop, and while about 300m from my home I pass a woman in on a bike, I dont make attempts to eye contact people, I am listening to a stage production of "Death of a Salesman" by Arthur miller, its incredible, its the first one on itunes if you search for it. Anyhoo as I run past her she stops flat which makes me wince, she then tries to talk to me, this makes me really angry because in order to get a correct timing of my run and in order not to be "the rude guy" i have to stop my timer and when this conversation is finished walk back home and re-jog the last 300m + the remaining distance to the store. Needless to say, this has ruined the whole reason I left the house.

So I obliged, I fake a corner smile and ask her what she wants, she tells me she needs directions to the gym, I notice she has an odd accent so I ask "Where are you from" and she repeats "Where is the gym", im beginning to feel this conversation is going to take a while. The gym is relatively close, its a left, down the end of the street, a right, a left then a right at the shops/appartments near the end ,then straight on through a bycylce path and under a bridge. I explain this to her once and she looks at me, I then ask "Are you ok with long directions?" and she rides off, not a word, not thanks, I have no idea if we understood each other.

Fuming, i bet she never gets there and both of our journeys are ruined.

I love listening to your stories. I think at this point in time you are best just living in a bubble and avoiding all contact with people. It seems you don't have much luck with people.

Someone talk me through this because I am very confused. Sunny day, miserable weekend prior and so I think, what better than going on a run and getting a cool water drink? The answer is nothing. So I get my neck stopwatch out and set my timer, trying to beat Fridays attempt to the shop, and while about 300m from my home I pass a woman in on a bike, I dont make attempts to eye contact people, I am listening to a stage production of "Death of a Salesman" by Arthur miller, its incredible, its the first one on itunes if you search for it. Anyhoo as I run past her she stops flat which makes me wince, she then tries to talk to me, this makes me really angry because in order to get a correct timing of my run and in order not to be "the rude guy" i have to stop my timer and when this conversation is finished walk back home and re-jog the last 300m + the remaining distance to the store. Needless to say, this has ruined the whole reason I left the house.

So I obliged, I fake a corner smile and ask her what she wants, she tells me she needs directions to the gym, I notice she has an odd accent so I ask "Where are you from" and she repeats "Where is the gym", im beginning to feel this conversation is going to take a while. The gym is relatively close, its a left, down the end of the street, a right, a left then a right at the shops/appartments near the end ,then straight on through a bycylce path and under a bridge. I explain this to her once and she looks at me, I then ask "Are you ok with long directions?" and she rides off, not a word, not thanks, I have no idea if we understood each other.

Fuming, i bet she never gets there and both of our journeys are ruined.

What doesn't annoy you? :lol

qindarka

Banned
Almost always serious, rarely participate in off topic talk if it's vulgar and etc

and I admire all four of you :lol

Lol, thanks.

I am indeed a serious man.

Anyway, now that the transfer season is done, it's time for predictions:

1. Man City (Strongest squad in the league, depth in all positions)
2. Man United (Little unbalanced but sheer quality of attacking players should see them through)
3. Liverpool (Suarez has been replaced well, young players like Sterling, Sturridge and Henderson can only improve)
4. Arsenal (May lack good striking options but have the best midfielder and CBs in the league)
5. Tottenham (Adebayor)
6. Chelsea (Flashy on paper but Fabregas compromises the defence, midfield and CBs lack depth, Costa also injury prone)
Don't know enough about the rest of the teams and don't particularly care about their placements.

Welbz wasn't exactly set to go.

It's true that Arsenal didn't particularly want a striker at the start of the day.

It was after we were set to get Falcao that the Welbeck move slid along without friction.

This Welbeck move had been rumoured for over a week. Deals rarely just happen. Arsenal would have performed background checks and been negotiating with him before the deadline day. And the journalists who said we were not interested in any players have no clue about Arsenal. There are seriously no ITK guys with Arsenal.

qindarka

Banned
qin I hope you are stuck with shit internet forever

Well, ok, have this addition to the list:

7. Sunderland (Great, overlooked manager, Altidore will show his quality after coming to terms with the league, immense mental strength shown at the end of last season).

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I just love Cola's genuinely-felt Partridge-esque dissatisfaction at his human interactions. I could read them all day.

When im recalling these in years to come "Needless to say, I had the last laugh" will accompany all of them.

I just dont get it, she was incredibly rude, she obviously had no idea what I had given up to help her and it was completely futile, I wasnt walking with a child or cloud watching, I was trying to improve my physical fitness with a regimen that is already taxing.

D_prOdigy

This Welbeck move had been rumoured for over a week. Deals rarely just happen. Arsenal would have performed background checks and been negotiating with him before the deadline day. And the journalists who said we were not interested in any players have no clue about Arsenal. There are seriously no ITK guys with Arsenal.

Well I tried to avoid making it sound that simplistic.

Obviously it didn't just happen once we were in for Falcao.

But that development certainly helped facilitate it.

Niven

When im recalling these in years to come "Needless to say, I had the last laugh" will accompany all of them.

I just dont get it, she was incredibly rude, she obviously had no idea what I had given up to help her and it was completely futile, I wasnt walking with a child or cloud watching, I was trying to improve my physical fitness with a regimen that is already taxing.

Maybe she thought you was running from the gym?

Ronaldo: "I love Manchester everyone knows. Manchester is still in my heart. The supporters there are amazing. I wish I can come back to Manchester one day...... I still have 4 years on my contract but in the future you never know"

Woody. Relax yourself.

Lol, thanks.

2. Man United (Little unbalanced but sheer quality of attacking players should see them through)
3. Liverpool (Suarez has been replaced well, young players like Sterling, Sturridge and Henderson can only improve)
4. Arsenal (May lack good striking options but have the best midfielder and CBs in the league)
5. Tottenham (Adebayor)
6. Chelsea (Flashy on paper but Fabregas compromises the defence, midfield and CBs lack depth, Costa also injury prone)
Don't know enough about the rest of the teams and don't particularly care about their placements.

I still don't thin Utd make top four, and think City, Chelsea finish top 2 (not necessarily in that order).

And Villa finish in the top half of the table with Grealish getting PFA YPOY.

Are you from another planet

i cant

Salazar

speaking of which

do you guys think qindarka, Salazar, Fady and jtb checked out the leaks as well like the rest of us, or is this behavior beneath them in a way?

I did, but timezones fucked me.

Wake up
What's going on
Oh wow
Oh fucking WOW
I need to catch a train
Why, Allah. WHY
They'll still be here when I get back. I guess.
Breathe

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ronaldo: "I love Manchester everyone knows. Manchester is still in my heart. The supporters there are amazing. I wish I can come back to Manchester one day...... I still have 4 years on my contract but in the future you never know"

Woody. Relax yourself.

"I feel like a modern-day slave"

yet you still want him back

self-respect pls

Kikarian

hahahahahaha

Lol, thanks.

5. Tottenham (Adebayor)

Im dying here qin, dying!

Top Bottom