• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

E6qFkIx.jpg

I think we found an avatar for you know who..

Esch

Banned
http://soccerlens.com/how-arsenal-missed-out-on-william-carvalho/151181/

Arsenal had been showing great interest in him and lodged two bids last month, both been rebuffed. Sporting are a typical selling club like other Portugal clubs and naturally they would want to get maximum profit out of any transfers.

But there is this problem of third party ownership that restricts them from getting the full transfer value out of any deal. In case of Carvalho, they only own 60% of the player’s economic rights. They had rejected both offers of Arsenal before because the Gunners were willing to pay that amount in two instalments which would leave them with no benefit whatsoever.

They made that clear that any potential buyer will need to pay the negotiable amount directly. Last night Arsenal had lodged another bid for him, but the offer was not again up to their liking. The Gunners tabled an offer of €16m plus Joel Campbell on loan for Carvalho.

First of all, 60% of €16m would fetch Sporting only €9.6m. Plus, a player on loan who they do not need and will have to pay the wages would leave them with a huge transfer disaster. Sporting rejected the offer immediately which was a sensible decision. Arsenal had this good chance to sign one of the highly talented defensive midfielder in the world on the deadline day, yet they missed that opportunity!
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Jabo

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think I'm pretty satisfied with this transfer window. Got rid of a bunch of scrubs finally and in return managed to sign a few decent guys for ZERO.

Jk5OomX.jpg

Cristante decided to chicken out and not try to grow and improve in Milan (just like Borriello a few years ago though he chickened out cuz he didn't want to compete for a spot). What's funny is that, he says he rejected Italian offers cuz he doesn't want to face Milan ROFLLLLL.

Really really really happy for you United-bros gonna be following you guys to watch RUMMMBOOOO. So excited to see him finally clash with huge clubs in a huge league.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So in the BBCs 5 best and worst transfers in the PL (voted for)

Henry is voted no.1 best, Ronaldo no.2 :O

That surprises me

I still can't believe someone (Liverpool lol) paid £35m for Andy Carroll. That is definitely the worst. At least Torres did some good.

Jabo

Football Fan.

You saw how I played 3-4-3?

I did a Pep.

Shaqiri as left back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I saw a 16 year old Japanese girl today wearing a Bayern shirt with Schweinsteiger on it. Couldn't take a pic, don't wanna look like a creep nahmsayin
e3cB9n2.png

qindarka

Banned
I still can't believe someone (Liverpool lol) paid £35m for Andy Carroll. That is definitely the worst. At least Torres did some good.

Torres transfer was worse. The transfer fee wasn't the only part of it, Torres had significantly higher wages and was then harder to offload. Whereas Liverpool managed to get rid of Carroll pretty quickly, even recouping 15 million, Torres sucked up funds for his wages for another two years and we are receiving no transfer fee now.

Walshy

Andy Carroll was fantastic in that FA Cup Final loss vs Chelsea + the Semi-Final vs. Everton.

Also those two goals vs. City.

Actually that's all he ever really did. I can't believe West Ham paid £18m for him. :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Roo will have to start trying again, hes been dead so far this season, goal aside.

Its good he should fear for his place, everyone keeps playing him inspite of form.

Carbonox

I saw a 16 year old Japanese girl today wearing a Bayern shirt with Schweinsteiger on it. Couldn't take a pic, don't wanna look like a creep nahmsayin
e3cB9n2.png

Ask Bla on how to take pics without being obvious. With the amount of Asian girl pics he puts in this thread I bet he's a professional.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I dont think I have ever spoken to an Asian girl, not one of those things you think about really till you do.

I dont think I have ever spoken to an Asian girl, not one of those things you think about really till you do.

I'm doing an exam with an asian girl right now. I kind was hoping the stereotype would be right and she would just do it all and be awesome at it, turns out you can't even trust racial stereotypes anymore...What has this world come to?

Yeah I'm starting to come to this conclusion too. Even the ever reliable Ornstein did numerous flips throughout the last week alone.

It really is impressive that we run a tight ship. I don't think Wenger would tolerate anyone revealing his transfer plans. The Sky Sports News tweet that said senior club officials were not happy with Wenger was the best. There are only about three people more senior than Wenger at the club and I don't see any of them talking to SSN. Most leaks come from agents and other club officials.

Mr Cola

I'm doing an exam with an asian girl right now. I kind was hoping the stereotype would be right and she would just do it all and be awesome at it, turns out you can't even trust racial stereotypes anymore...What has this world come to?

When you get to the Philippines you will live like a king, I am sure of this, they can build you an internet network good enough that you can play clubs on.

Carbonox

Asian chicks do nothing for me yet half western, half Asian ones do. Eurasian? Americasian? I dunno what you call the hybrids. My pickle gets a right tickle when I see one.

Never eaten Chinese food

ay m9 go rectify that and meet your first Chinese lass as well. Most likely a 70 year old battleaxe but it's start.

When you get to the Philippines you will live like a king, I am sure of this, they can build you an internet network good enough that you can play clubs on.

I'm going to go all Qindarka with clubs. It will be great, we will both have lag of about 3 seconds. Dogman and Sideman on a full back each.

I am fairly certain the internet there is atrocious.

Haha it kind of is, although supposed to be fairly stable where I am staying according to other students I talked to.

Jabo

I can actually confirm this. They also call you nice things like: tang ina mo bobo buy ward

Top Bottom