• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

I made this same point last season about Moyes transfer window - Woodward needed to stop chasing the marquee, £50million signing and bring in 3 good quality players for the same amount. It's not like United were desparate for a WC player when they have Mata and Rooney and RVP and De Gea.

Woodward is like the new guy at work, trying too hard to make a good impression with a "big splash" so everyone will like him, when what he needs to do is get his head down and just do his job properly.

Anyone know if LvG has/will have the clout at Old Trafford to get rid of Woodward in the future if he keeps ballsing up transfer windows?

LegoArmo

I haven't seen enough of Can to judge him yet, but he hasn't looked great in the games I have seen him in.

(Against United for Leverkusen, although I think he played in defence in that game, and in pre-season for Liverpool)

Would still probably have him over Cleverley, but it's not a high bar.

NEW LvG Interview on MUTV

Has Di Maria impressed in training?
"Yes the first session was very impressive, the second was a little bit less but he has to adapt to the culture, to the players with whom he shall play and the other way around also.

So first session he shows what he can do, and second session he has to lower himself to adapt to the standards of Cleverly.

dc89

Watching some Halo 2 remastered multiplayer videos in 1080p 60fps.
I'm gonna crumble and get an XB1 next spring. I can tell.

Good luck Xabi

BwMnLALCQAAodcM.jpg

Right everyone knows that award was nonsense. Ronaldo agrees with everyone? Personally Müller should've taken it.

URight.

Why does Ronaldo need to talk about it? I prefer Ronaldo to Messi, but Ronaldo has the inferiority complex. It is why he did that ridiculous celebration for 15 goals in the CL. He needs to feel like he is the better than Messi.

omgkitty

YankeeGunner ‏@YankeeGunner 39s

He's going to Madrid. He was always going to Madrid. We are getting Reus. As it always was. As it forever will be. So Sayeth our lord Dennis

Why does Ronaldo need to talk about it? I prefer Ronaldo to Messi, but Ronaldo has the inferiority complex. It is why he did that ridiculous celebration for 15 goals in the CL. He needs to feel like he is the better than Messi.

Or he was celebrating a record breaking goal....

You really think he wouldn't have cared as much if he wasn't beating Messi's?

Depends on whether we get Champions League tbh.

I have high hopes for Markovic more than the others though, really hope he starts vs. Spurs.

He didn't even really do anything major against City, but I saw enough to make a snap judgement that Markovic is gonna be boss. Only like 20 minutes, but he seemed to have a knack for passing at the right time which is often missing in young players renown for their dribbling ability

Esch

Banned
So.... What's wrong with that? That's his rival, on a rival team.

How dare he express his joy setting a new record for a single European Cup campaign. I really don't think he cares much about Messi. Media is making it a thing and you're lapping it up.

Go_Ly_Dow

Our vote on the worst ever Premier League signing is now closed and we have a unanimous winner - or indeed loser depending on your viewpoint.
Andy Carroll came out top of the pops with 34% of your votes while the man he replaced at Liverpool - Fernando Torres - is second on 26%
Manchester United's Eric Djemba-Djemba was third with 10%. Thank you for all your interaction.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Welbeck to Spurs saga is making me so sad.

If he does join, I hope he is only allowed game time in the league cup.

If Welbeck does join us then he will be vying for one of 4 positions, either as a CF or one of the 3 roving players behind. He will get plenty of minutes.

Of course I assume we would bin Soldado.

Chelsea wasted £50m on Torres
Liverpool wasted £35m on Carroll
Newcastle didn't reinvest that money (iirc)

The rest of the league and Mike Ashley won

edit: Torres' Barca goal wasn't key imo, it was the final nail in the coffin

sohois

Agree with your post other than the bit about the Attack. Rooney, Mata and RVP are all brilliant players, but there's zero thrust in that attack. Di Maria was needed as we have no attacker that can dribble at speed past a defenders. Maybe we should've prioritised signings in midfield and defence, but Di Maria was definitely a must buy.

Man Utd may have needed another attacker, but the question is was Di Maria the most effective use of the money available? Considering players like Sanchez transferred for half that price. Yes, one should consider that United wouldn't have been able to sign Sanchez, but I still think there would have been a cheaper attacker who would provide much of what Di Maria does.

I haven't seen enough of Can to judge him yet, but he hasn't looked great in the games I have seen him in.

(Against United for Leverkusen, although I think he played in defence in that game, and in pre-season for Liverpool)

Would still probably have him over Cleverley, but it's not a high bar.

Can may not be the answer for United but again, there are a lot of good players who transferred for similar amounts and would have instantly improved United's midfield

Barzul

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 1m
Ignore fake accounts - Arsenal not in for Falcao or any other CFs. #AFC plan to go with existing options but may get CB/DMF before deadline

The dream is dead.

Or he was celebrating a record breaking goal....

You really think he wouldn't have cared as much if he wasn't beating Messi's?

How dare he express his joy setting a new record for a single European Cup campaign. I really don't think he cares much about Messi. Media is making it a thing and you're lapping it up.

While of course I do not know his mind, I think that the over the topness was because it was Messi. It must pain Ronaldo that despite being an adonis, football comes so much more naturally to Messi. Ronaldo works and works to improve himself everyday, while Messi is nowhere near his physical abilities. He never needed to give those remarks about Messi, but it was a chance for him to get in a cheap shot.

Splatt

Didn't Newcastle buy Kebab from that money?

omgkitty

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 1m

Ignore fake accounts - Arsenal not in for Falcao or any other CFs. #AFC plan to go with existing options but may get CB/DMF before deadline

giphy.gif

Newcastle bought lots of shit Frenchmen. Nobody won. Torres has done a few good things, like in the Europa League finale, and a few actual important goals in the league and such. But overall he has obviously been a huge flop.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So sounds like Di Maria will start tomorrow

So I assume he, Fletch and Mata wil be our midfield 3?

A tad shakey going backwards.

I've been pretty busy during the last 3-4 days, whats the word on transfers regarding Chelsea/Arsenal replacing their injured strikers?

Chelsea's striker isn't actually injured (S*n gonna S*n), Arsenal (or maybe just Arsene) seem happy with Sanchez, Sanogo, Campbell and perhaps Walcott to pick up the slack

I've been pretty busy during the last 3-4 days, whats the word on transfers regarding Chelsea/Arsenal replacing their injured strikers?

Costa is probably fit for the weekend... So Chelsea will only buy a striker if they manage to ship off Torres, which actually looks like a real possibility right now, in that case it will most likely be Destro, although names like Remy and Falcao are also mentioned... Which seems a hell lot less likely.

Arsene gonna Arsene.

Top Bottom