• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

DBT85

Both Liverpool and United have spent similar amounts this summer, around £130million.

And yet Liverpool are left in a much better position. Of course Liverpool already had a better team, but if you look at Liverpool's business they've done a lot better in covering all of their weaknesses.

There isn't a single position Liverpool now don't have 2 competent players (maybe GK, but I reckon Jones certainly qualifies as competent cover). There is quality in most positions as well, and youth, and experience. What is more, none of the players Liverpool have signed seem to me to be a case of "CL only signings". If Utd were competent and quick to negotiate, any of the players Liverpool signed could have been theirs (save perhaps Lambert).

Lovren would probably be Utd's best defender. Manquillo would have made a fine RB option. Can would be a good DM partner to their more glamorous attacking midfield options. That's 3 players for half of Di Maria, or one Shaw.

I made this same point last season about Moyes transfer window - Woodward needed to stop chasing the marquee, £50million signing and bring in 3 good quality players for the same amount. It's not like United were desparate for a WC player when they have Mata and Rooney and RVP and De Gea.

But Liverpool were in a much better position before the window opened than United were. Of course after spending the same amount they are going to be still in a better position.

Chelsea's striker isn't actually injured (S*n gonna S*n), Arsenal (or maybe just Arsene) seem happy with Sanchez, Sanogo, Campbell and perhaps Walcott to pick up the slack
Costa is probably fit for the weekend... So Chelsea will only buy a striker if they manage to ship off Torres, which actually looks like a real possibility right now, in that case it will most likely be Destro, although names like Remy and Falcao are also mentioned... Which seems a hell lot less likely.
Arsene gonna Arsene.
So was it a wrong report or tabloid bs? good, I think Costa has a lot to offer; I was wondering why del bosque had him listed on the new Spain squad.
Sanchez as #9 is not good, I'd go with Sanogo before the chilean; Campbell is too inmature still to trust him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
err guys, how indicative is twitter likes and the like these days?

because Milan's Cristante just liked / followed Benfica's official twitter, and newspapers have been saying we are bidding hard for him, and we need a defensive midfielder so fucking BAD its not even funny any more

should I get excited? :(

I just really hope David is wrong for once
that fucker is never wrong

Wenger will be perfectly happy playing Sanchez up front, thinking he will strike gold like he did with Henry. But henry was so much more stronger than Sanchez and better suited for the demands of the role.

Copenhagen are already dead.

I'm so happy with the group. The shining light of Italy vs abunch of zoophiles!!!

Group H looks like the group of death.

It looks like Rabiot is off to Roma.

Shining light of Italy hehehehehe

WUSUDSY.jpg

err guys, how indicative is twitter likes and the like these days?

because Milan's Cristante just liked / followed Benfica's official twitter, and newspapers have been saying we are bidding hard for him, and we need a defensive midfielder so fucking BAD its not even funny any more

should I get excited? :(

Serie A is now the feeder league for Portugal. Please remove Serie A from all European co-efficiency rankings

sohois

But Liverpool were in a much better position before the window opened than United were. Of course after spending the same amount they are going to be still in a better position.

I wasn't saying that United should improve their team to be at the same level as Liverpool, more pointing out that Liverpool were much better at covering their weaknesses than Man Utd. United should have spread out their money over more players as Liverpool did, then they wouldn't have to resort to putting youth players at various positions.

K1LLER7

Falcao's agent putting him in the shop window. However Madrid, Arsenal don't want him.

Reus has been offered to Madrid. They are looking into it. However Bayern may already have an agreement in place with the player.

(Guilemme Balague)

GorillaJu

Falcao's agent putting him in the shop window. However Madrid, Arsenal don't want him.

Reus has been offered to Madrid. They are looking into it. However Bayern may already have an agreement in place with the player.

(Guilemme Balague)

Balague knows jack and shit

Jabo

Someone please help, my payment to the fucking online beIN sports thing isn't going through now, I tried credit card and paypal and it keeps failing/getting declined.

How did you guys do it??? Still using a vpn but SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.

Someone please help, my payment to the fucking online beIN sports thing isn't going through now, I tried credit card and paypal and it keeps failing/getting declined.

What are you going to watch on there? They fucking blocked premier league due to "licensing issues" and says it will be back soon. But it hasn't come back yet as far as i know.

really, i had no problems. i used Paypal and it worked a treat.

I am so excited. beIn sports have started showing ads for tomorrows games. will be on channel 12

you paying for a year or a month?

Jabo

What are you going to watch on there? They fucking blocked premier league due to "licensing issues" and says it will be back soon. But it hasn't come back yet as far as i know.

Well everything basically. I used to get it on satellite but now...... Wait what do you mean they blocked the premier league??? Which bein are you talking about because I thiiiink NA has a different bein, not sure.

really, i had no problems. i used Paypal and it worked a treat.

I am so excited. beIn sports have started showing ads for tomorrows games. will be on channel 12

you paying for a year or a month?

Whaaaaaaaat?!!? Could you link the bein site that had the working paypal??

A year actually.

I feel really sorry for Falcao if that is true.

He seemed like a surefire buy for Madrid last year, and this year with Hames being their biggest buy I don't think RM would be that interested in him as much anymore.

Well everything basically. I used to get it on satellite but now...... Wait what do you mean they blocked the premier league??? Which bein are you talking about because I thiiiink NA has a different bein, not sure.

Oh yeah might have. I was just going through bein with the egypt dns

Gambit

Is that true about Shaqiri?

Also, I will so buy a new 3DS XL. Been wanting a bigger screen forever but held out on the original XL. Now the time has come. SNES button colours were enough, lol.

And a portable version of the best JRPG since Chrono Trigger? Yes, please.

Dammit, I'm even gonna buy stupid Smash because of Shulk. (and Mega Man)

El Topo

Is that Mario Gomez? He looks really weird, like he's possessed. Just look at the facial features and his hair.

That's not Gomez.

The meeting between Torres' agents and #CFC is now over. It still doesn't seem like they're willing to pay the severance. via @Milanello

ibaAGSYtSsznVP.gif
It's going to be over by tomorrow at 12. Either Milan/Chelsea/Torres give up on something, or he'll stay in London for another year.

At this point, I hope we manage to close this deal. Even if it's Torres, at least we won't have to play with Menez upfront as our striker.

Is that true about Shaqiri?

Also, I will so buy a new 3DS XL. Been wanting a bigger screen forever but held out on the original XL. Now the time has come. SNES button colours were enough, lol.

And a portable version of the best JRPG since Chrono Trigger? Yes, please.

Dammit, I'm even gonna buy stupid Smash because of Shulk. (and Mega Man)

What Shaqiri news?

Top Bottom