• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Really guys? I'd eat that.

I draw the line when it's like that scene from Old Boy though.

tumblr_m0xcb3Yl7h1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Apparently the octopus was still alive when they did that scene.

why

god

😶

LAM09

The UEFA Champions League seeding system is set for a revamp with the holders and league winners from the top seven nations getting top billing.

This better be a wind up. The seeding system is almost perfect; They should just half points gained from the EL.

markao

Can we hold off on the celebrations for a bit? The Daily Mail article references "reports in Holland" as it's source of info. Sounds iffy to me.
What's a Holland?

But no reports here in the media at all, latest today in the Telegraaf (Ajax "insider" paper) was there are a lot of rumours in UK media, but nothing serious. The rumours don't want to go away but no one from Manchester has ever contacted the Ajax board about Blind. That was latest from this afternoon.

Cannot see why LvG would want Blind, unless the problems at your club are even bigger than it looks from the outside.

Clegg

What's a Holland?

But no reports here in the media at all, latest today in the Telegraaf (Ajax "insider" paper) was there are a lot of rumours in UK media, but nothing serious. The rumours don't want to go away but no one from Manchester has ever contacted Ajax board about Blind. That was latest from this afternoon.

Cannot see why LvG would want Blind, unless the problems at your club are bigger than it looks from the outside.
I'm quoting that directly from the Daily Mail. As for the Blind news it's apparently going to be in tomorrow's edition of the Telegraaf.

markao

In just quoting that directly from the Daily Mail. As for the Blind news it's apparently going to be in tomorrow's edition of the Telegraaf.
If there is a paper that knows what's going on at Ajax it is the Telegraaf, but so far no mentioning of any transfer (Blind) news at all.

markao

Their journalist already commented:
It's the same guy that said this afternoon there was nothing, but things must have changed quickly.

Still do not understand why, do not feel he is the guy that's going to make ManU world class again. He's average+1 at everything, does not excel at anything. His best skills, like his dad, are his brain (positioning) and his basic skills (control+passing). He can maybe solve your current problems, but cannot see him take ManU to a higher level (top Eng/Eur.)

It's the same guy that said this afternoon there was nothing, but things must have changed quickly.

Still do not understand why, do not feel he is the guy that's going to make ManU world class again. He's average+1 at everything, does not excel at anything. His best skills, like his dad, are his brain (positioning) and his basic skills (control+passing). He can maybe solve your current problems, but cannot see him take ManU to a higher level (top Eng/Eur.)

I don't think he's anything hugely special but he'll be a good squad player, and we don't have enough players with basic footballing intelligence and technique atm.

Clegg

What you've just described would make Blin our third best central midfielder. Maybe he won't become a star and a regular player, but he would improve our squad and be a better player than Cleverley, Anderson, Fellaini and Fletcher. LvG is building a squad. Not every signing can be one which pushes the team to a higher level. But if he's better than any of the other options we have on the bench then he should be brought in. He's also versatile enough that he could probably cover as a defender if needs be.

LegoArmo

Cleverley going and Blind in for ~5m is great business.

Massive bidding war for Cleverley apparently, everyone wants him. Managers see something none of us do.

markao

What you've just described would make Blin our third best central midfielder. Maybe he won't become a star and a regular player, but he would improve our squad and be a better player than Cleverley, Anderson, Fellaini and Fletcher. LvG is building a squad. Not every signing can be one which pushes the team to a higher level. But if he's better than any of the other options we have on the bench then he should be brought in. He's also versatile enough that he could probably cover as a defender if needs be.
It's more, that right now you are trying to offload some players that sounded like a good option when you signed them, I'm just afraid that Demy will fall in the same category in a few years time. Not saying that right now he might not be the right (temp) guy, but in the long run I just wonder if he will not be the next ........*. ( * = fill in your not so favourite current ManU midfielder).

I just haven't seen enough quality of him in the Eredivisie, week in week out, to think he already can make that step. But some players thrive with better players around them (he looked better in the WC) and others falter under the higher expectations, so we will have to see how he develops over time.

But he is versatile and therefore probably a useful addition to the squad. (& he knows what LvG wants)

It's more, that right now you are trying to offload some players that sounded like a good option when you signed them, I'm just afraid that Demy will fall in the same category in a few years time. Not saying that right now he might be the right (temp) guy, but in the long run I just wonder if he will not be the next ........*. ( * = fill in your not so favourite current ManU midfielder).

I just haven't seen enough quality of him in the Eredivisie, week in week out, to think he already can make that step. But some players thrive with better players around them and others falter under the higher expectations, so we will have to see how he develops over time.

But he is versatile and therefore probably a useful addition to the squad. (he knows what LvG wants)

The problem LVG has identified at the club is that there are too many players that have been sitting there for too long on big wages and been getting complacent. The club needs change almost for change's sake. It needs upheaval.

scently

The problem LVG has identified at the club is that there are too many players that have been sitting there for too long on big wages and been getting complacent. The club needs change almost for change's sake. It needs upheaval.

And many are of such below average quality that its amazing that they are at a club like Utd for so long.

While people might say that the majority of this squad won the league in 12/13, most UTD will tell you that we weren't playing good football even then. It was just that we had players in some positions covering for the deficiencies of others. DeGea was solid in goal, Rafael and Rio were solid in defense, Carrck had his best year as a footballer, while Rooney and especially RVP were getting us the goals. In other words, we clanked our way to the title. All this while the other teams were restructuring.

So yeah, we have been in a terrible situation in terms of below average players, its been a long time coming.

markao

From the sound of it, he does seams to help you with the problems you need solving right now, so maybe he is what your team need.

Let's hope they start doing better things tomorrow, because my team captain in the Fantasy League needs to score a few after my terrible second week;)

Top Bottom