• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

BwRIIQeIgAECsNH.png

designed by Manchester United, Old Trafford

gstIIho.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sandro to Napoli still on. I guess he's surplus to requirements now that we've signed Drambuie or whatever his name is.

Blind's primary position is now DM converted from LB/LWB

He can also play as CB

So yea, not sure where LVG is planning to use him. I assume DM, but maybe hs is our new CB...shudder

Linius

Any good Blind 13/14 season videos on YouTube?

There's really nothing special to put in a highlights video. He was so good for us because of his hard work and football intelligence. It's not like he was throwing around crazy passes every game.

Blind's primary position is now DM converted from LB/LWB

He can also play as CB

So yea, not sure where LVG is planning to use him. I assume DM, but maybe hs is our new CB...shudder

He pretty much never played CB.

Lightning

Banned
GurjitAFC: Wenger: "If we buy somebody, somebody will go because we have too many players. We have too many strikers" #Arsenal

We have too many strikers

too many strikers

strikers

#Arsenal

dead2.gif
Wenger does have a point but the problem is we have too many players in the same positions but are short in other areas. For example Podolski, Campbell, Rosciky, Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott, Chamberlain, Cazorla and even Gnabry all vying for 3 positions. That's way too many. What we need to do is ship some those attacking players and replacing them with defenders. For example shipping Podolski and bringing in Carvalho/Schneiderlin will strengthen us greatly despite those players not covering the same position.

Number wise we have too many. It's a quality problem and players in certain positions because we have too many in other positions. You can only have 25 players in a squad.

WJD

Eh, think the Blind signing is a decent one. Him, Herrera and Di Maria in a midfield 3 would be really good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wenger does have a point but the problem is we have too many players in the same positions but are short in other areas. For example Podolski, Campbell, Rosciky, Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott, Chamberlain, Cazorla and even Gnabry all vying for 3 positions. That's way too many. What we need to do is ship some those attacking players and replacing them with defenders. For example shipping Podolski and bringing in Carvalho/Schneiderlin will strengthen us greatly despite those players not covering the same position.

Number wise we have too many. It's a quality problem and players in certain positions because we have too many in other positions. You can only have 25 players in a squad.

word here in Portugal is Benfica is bidding hard on Campbell

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-ozil-im-one-worlds-best-065225511--sow.html

Good on him speaking out. The problem is Wenger rarely ever buys wingers; they are all Number 10's who are played throughout the midfield. Arshavin, Nasri, Hleb, Rosicky, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey; they've all played wide simply to fit them into the side.

But what's also true is that their talents are wasted and some have faded playing there. Rosick, Cazorla, Nasri, Arshavin and even Ozil are effectively deadweights playing there; they provide nothing to the side, but Wenger still does it.

Suen

Who wants to play under Allegri when you have the choice to play under Wenger?

Buy him Wenger.

#InWengerWeTrust

TeddyBoy

Sad to see Agger leave, he stuck by the club when we were a sinking ship under Hodge and the old owners. £3m fee is pretty much peanuts but it's his boyhood club and we want him to be happy. All the best Agger.

dc89

of course we would, everyone is for sale in Italy.

but you're gonna have to go over our manager's head to buy him. And luckily for you, our manager is Allegri the Headless

tumblr_n6qabmtvFR1t5u8jso1_500.gif

:looool

I was just thinking... I think he'd be perfect for someone like Arsenal. Just sayin. I don't want him to go there, not in a million years, but he is proven in the PL. I wonder how much he'd cost?!

But he wouldn't move back to England anyway. But I was just thinking, if Arsenal could get him, it would be fantastic for them, imo.

I still can't believe Allegri manages Juventus. Just lol

I still think Conte is their manager, I need to be reminded of it to remember that Allegri is in charge

@KidA, forgot all about Downing vs Young

Photo finish imo

Young has given you more than Downing gave us, but he's also hung around like a bad smell for longer than Downing did

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BwRZ_koIcAAdm5u.jpg

Birthday boys: Simone Pepe (31), Pavel Nedved (42), Paulo Sousa (44) and Vladimir Jugovic
Roma have reportedly agreed terms with Olympiacos for Greek international defender Jose Holebas

Roma is tearing their team apart :lol thanks I guess?

Manager

The whole Falcao saga is so random, will be very interesting to see what the final fee will be. His agents are constantly feeding the press with stuff that City are interested, though everyone at the club for weeks has said they will not buy anyone. Txiki said it again yesterday, a few hours later press says he's going to City. Makes you think which clubs are interested at all or if it's all lies.

Top Bottom