• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

FuturusX

Ribery, Robben, and Benatia did not travel with the team to Gelsenkirchen today.

I think we'll still be okay with Shaqiri in Mueller's spot. But we need better production from Lewa in a big way.

RiggyRob

The Realist....

The optimist....

The dreamer....

I'd go with a 3 right now. I'm not convinced that LVG has the right system to fit the players.

I legitimately believe we have a better chance of displacing Liverpool for 3rd rather than trying to mess around with the voodoo magic that Wenger has in place for Arsenal in 4th.

LAM09

First proper test of the season later today. We have a mixed record at Goodison Park, but this match will have more spice, seeing as our former CF's are now on their books. We need to try earn points where we lost them last season.

tdnkih.jpeg

omgkitty

Portuguese press are saying Benfica made a 10M€ for Joel Campbell. What are the odds Arsenal agrees to it?

Mmmm I'd say 50% maybe. Campbell is kind of up in the air. He's not really had a shot yet, but Wenger seems to think he's in his plans. Have no idea and could see it go either way. I honestly think he's worth more than that too. Maybe 15m?

LAM09

It's really funny if you look and most people would say that team that beat us isn't very good now. Maybe Young and Nani were better, but that's it.

The funny thing is, no one is showing Arsenal's team on that day. As I recalled, it was significantly weaker than the line up they field last weekend.

Arsenal have improved their squad, but the same can't be said about Utd. Sir Alex was the reason they won by that margin.

LAM09

Just realised Mariga is a free agent. How haven't a club like Arsenal (in need of a DMF), not been linked with him?

Linius

Overmars is a cunt. Van Gaal is a cunt. Blind is a cunt.

Manchester to come in seventh again. I'll cheer of every Gaal failure from now on. Manchester is blue.

H13

Although its late, good luck to u Torres
Although u are very bad, u still a favorite striker to start for me 😢😢😭
(Been wearing his avatar for a year)

LiverGAF post fuck all compared to ManUtdGAF for some reason. Maybe cos it's been pretty smooth sailing since Suarez was sold

Diablo has killed my Destiny hype tbh. Not sure Destiny has enough going for it to persist with it for long enough to get the good loot

FuturusX

LiverGAF post fuck all compared to ManUtdGAF for some reason. Maybe cos it's been pretty smooth sailing since Suarez was sold

Diablo has killed my Destiny hype tbh. Not sure Destiny has enough going for it to persist with it for long enough to get the good loot

Man UTD GAF are in panic mode...constant posting is the only solace. If we get beat by Spurs we'll be in panic mode too. Tis the calm before the storm.

That or perhaps UTD GAF have big fucking mouths... :)

omgkitty

The wait between now and Monday will be unbearable. With it being the weekend, I don't think players can be officially announced can they? Plus I'm sure Arsenal will be busy with preparing for Sunday.

GorillaJu

Probably becuase we don't know yet whether we're in a position to be bullish or sheepish. Our business in the transfer window went well for the most part and there isn't much to talk about there.

I'm excited to see Balotelli's debut but I don't expect to win the game. I'm nervous about the WHL game.

Surely this is great news then, wonder why Redcafe is so miserable about it, we needed a DM, we got one, too little time left in the window to feel bad about who we go, fact is we sorted a concern.

They turned their noses up at Strootman before he did well at Roma. I wouldn't take them seriously.

omgkitty

GurjitAFC: Wenger: "If we buy somebody, somebody will go because we have too many players. We have too many strikers" #Arsenal

We have too many strikers

too many strikers

strikers

#Arsenal

dead2.gif

Redcafe is full of proper fuckwits

Turned their noses up at the likes of James McCarthy because he isn't world class, even though he is/was hugely superior to the CMs they actually had.

Was thinking about Blizzard earlier, their stable includes Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft. That is fucking mental from one non-publishing* company

*as far as I know

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any rumblings over there in merry old England about this Campbell to Benfica thing or is it just Portuguese newspapers ramblings?

because they keep insisting on it with only 2 days of market left

bjaelke

Excited to have Agger back at Brøndby although I reckon it's 2 years too early.

Apparently the deal only went through because of a talent-agreement. Basically Liverpool have first priority on the next Højbjerg if they want.

Agger back to Brondby is a massive shock. He's good enough to start for a decent Serie A team still

If you'd told me after 2006/07 that he'd be going back to Denmark at the age of 29 I'd have slapped you silly. He was well on track to be world class. He's still decent, but his set piece defending is atrocious

Bold One

there's just a lot more to talk about regarding Manyoo, new manager, new system, record player, in a massive flux and transitional phase. Liverpool are a bit of a known quantity, not a whole to say really (Balotelli) is probably it

bjaelke

Agger back to Brondby is a massive shock. He's good enough to start for a decent Serie A team still

If you'd told me after 2006/07 that he'd be going back to Denmark at the age of 29 I'd have slapped you silly. He was well on track to be world class. He's still decent, but his set piece defending is atrocious

We don't believe in set pieces in the Danish league.

Top Bottom