• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

I read in the paper yesterday Destiny cost over 300 million to make. That's ridiculous if the stuff they are typically strong at is undercooked and the progression stuff they spent ages working on is shit.

Destiny is meant to be a 10 year project, a lot of people forget this, the 300 mill won't go into the day 1 launch version of the game.

But damn the story is disappointing partly why I never liked the Halo games

Salvadora

Destiny costing £300m, or whatever, is in all likelihood takes into account the marketing budget too.

Considering the almost blanket advertising I've seen, it's not surprising.

Jarnet87

Would flat out lawls if Ronaldo joined Chelsea or City. I don't think hes ever coming back to United but he'd go from beloved to hated in a second if he joined Chelsea/City.

bjaelke

Express is the corporate version of indy. They even admitted to making up 95% of all their rumours just to keep their audience "entertained".

severin

Bought the PS4 Destiny bundle just after finishing work. Cup of tea and a few hob nobs and this evening will have kicked enough arse to last me the rest of the month.

Esch

Banned
Chelsea simply doesn't need Ronaldo. It would be in that Falcao to United realm of "why is this happening in the first place other than to sell shirts?". He's not fixing a deficit in the team.

Chelsea doesn't even have a deficit

El Topo

I know little about Destiny, but if it's like Borderlands 2 then it's not my cup of tea. I honestly don't get why that game sold so well, then again I've "only" put in about 3 hours.

As for Destiny, call me when that game ever hits PC.

Chelsea simply doesn't need Ronaldo. It would be in that Falcao to United realm of "why is this happening in the first place other than to sell shirts?". He's not fixing a deficit in the team.

Chelsea doesn't even have a deficit

Um, I don't think we got him just to sell shirts.

Meier

WUm8irv.png

The Express are idiots -- Ronaldo's NET wage is £290k a week. Chelsea or United would have to pay him something like £425k a week -- it ain't happening.

Everyone's injured. Let me post some more Shinji pics to cheer me up.

5lNGc74l.jpg

Dat Asian market:
S4BgvxYl.jpg

Dat Baby market:
ez9Kvjxl.jpg

I also just noticed that Shinji is wearing that sweater all the time. It's really fucking nice but, come on m8, you're rich as fuck.

Meier

£290,000 after tax? Doesn't Spain have over 50% tax on the highest earners?

Yes, I believe so as they abolished the Beckham rule or whatever it was called. Messi's new deal pushed him past Cristiano so he is making €20m net now. Both of their salaries are prior to bonuses being factored in as well.

Yes, I believe so as they abolished the Beckham rule or whatever it was called. Messi's new deal pushed him past Cristiano so he is making €20m net now. Both of their salaries are prior to bonuses being factored in as well.

If he joins United we can just offer him a cut of his shirt sales which would be gangbusters for his return home

But overall, Ronaldo ain't moving to EPL unless he takes a pay cut. Which maybe he will for a MU move.

I personally think he will stay at RM for another 2-3 years after 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom