• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Manchester United profits predicted to fall 84% after pitch woes

edit: This article feels a bit misleading, for the BBC at least. does this factor in the nike stuff?

The article isn't misleading. They made more revenue but less profit because their operating expenses are increasing. These financial results are for their most recent fiscal year so they wouldn't account for the new Adidas deal as that's not active until the 2015/2016. It doesn't account for their new Chevrolet deal either as this is through 6/30/14. The new sponsorship They're expecting revenue to fall for 14/15 since they won't have any UCL revenue and apparently the Chevy deal won't make up for that loss.

Pennywise

Wow, that first penalty decision would drive me fucking bonkers. I think the penalties are far too infrequent in 14 but I hope they tone it down a little.. you can't give one there.

Yeah, I missed the pen though...

Was the only bad experience with the demo so far.
The rest was spot on, a red card for Rickie Lambert for example.

LTWheels

Think I might just by Destiny on the xbox1 just for the sake of it needs something new to play.

As I can buy it from the US store, I can basically get it for half price.

Bold One

Everything that Jeff Gerstmann said about Destiny is what I was afraid of.

I wouldn't really take videogame opinions of someone who doesnt like videogames.

Gertsman is jaded as fuck, Destiny has its flaws like any other game, people just need to stop jumping on the hype bandwagon with so much fervour

Blablurn

Arsneal PES 15 faces :|

BxLh3x3IgAAA97O.jpg:large

Linius

Really hope they've fixed the penalties in FIFA 15. Already had three in the demo for challenging for a 50-50 header.

I got a penalty called against me for pulling a shirt. I just gently pushed 'B' to go shoulder to shoulder and get the guy off the ball. The replay with my player pulling the other guys shirt looked pretty cool though. Also another replay of Kompany (CPU) sliding in on Immobile (Me) from behind which resulted in a red card was looking better than ever before. And after that horrendous tackle they walked 'into' each other and Kompany looked started screaming at him :p

shiroryu

The good thing is with Welbeck and Sanchez we have two people up front who can harry and press all day long with some pace. Makes up for Ozil's non-pressing.

LTWheels

I think Destiny is seriously flawed, surprisingly so for Bungie. Maybe all the good talent is at 343 now. The shooting seems to be really good, but then this is apparently the Reach engine, so it's nothing that 'new'.

I want to play it just to see where it's gone wrong.

It's the Ffxiii of shooters. Ton of great art, good base combat mechanics. Everything else shit.

I think Destiny is seriously flawed, surprisingly so for Bungie. Maybe all the good talent is at 343 now. The shooting seems to be really good, but then this is apparently the Reach engine, so it's nothing that 'new'.

I want to play it just to see where it's gone wrong.

It's the Ffxiii of shooters. Ton of great art, good base combat mechanics. Everything else shit.

I wouldn't go that far.

L1NETT

Now this, this is a pointless fucking stat

BxLtkwrIYAANyzY.png

See FIFA...pace really is not everything. At a push it's something.

We've handed our manager, Steven Pressley, a four year deal, ermmm

why the ermmm? Every league needs their helping of dour grumpy scotsman for managers.

dc89

Amazon Chat:

Me:eek:k
thanks for the help
Lynda:You are very welcome. Hopefully destiny will arrive very soon. Take care.

---

Don't fucking rub it in Lynda.

Meier

Right thats it, I'm at the end of my tether with Amazon. I'm gonna go HAM.

Not sure if you saw my post from last night, but UPS fucked up on my delivery too. Never came yesterday. :( Supposedly out on the truck again today.. we'll see.

L1NETT

4 years is a really long time in League One, and while Pressley's been good he still isn't the most convincing of managers.

I tend to favour stability. Especially with so few decent managers available.

Parkinson still has big faults as a manager but I'd keep him around no question. Anything over the manager a year we had.

Also if Elvis does do well chances are he'll get snapped up by a champ club anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom