• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

04/01/14

“We don’t seem to be able to get through this tie (round). For the last three years I don’t know, it’s science against me.”

SCIENCE

These got me

11/12/12 – We’ve got to do football better:

“We could have done a bit better in the fundamentals of heading it, kicking it, passing it and making a tackle.”

13/08/11 – Remember Gervinho when he was at Arsenal?

“Ryan (Taylor) deserves a medal He was up against Gervinho, who I think is one of the best players in the Premier League – I know he is, because I tried to sign him.”

Salvadora

Paraphrasing but "Wellbeck was here from age 9, he went to Sunderland, he had 3 years in the first team and does not have the record of Van Persie......or Rooney, that is the standard"
Don't think that is very fair on the lad.

Goalscoring record isn't the be all and end all, plus he hasn't played consistently enough to make an accurate comparison between the players.

25/11/12

“I think the formation thing is getting in the way of what we’ve got to do. That’s winning headers, running faster and showing a desire to win the game.”

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Welbeck will be good for Arsenal, he's way way better than Sanogo at least, and that will do for now.

Blablurn

lol lahm

10646777_984572014892823_405158646794696230_n.jpg

dat reina tho

10366096_984572264892798_5105907778198333154_n.jpg

wtf badstuber? :D

10253772_984571998226158_4532011202387663495_n.jpg

sammer, ten haag, thiago and javi

European Aspirations?

11/04/13

“But we’ll be back – our aim is to qualify for Europe again next season.”

vs.

12/05/13

“Thank God we are not in the Europa League again.”

Barzul

It's amazing what confidence can do for a player if they have the prerequisite ability. I think Welbeck could be like Ian Wright for us. Finishing can easily be taught. It's getting into the positions to finish that needs to be innate.

K1LLER7

@Killer, the last golden chest on the Moon is in an incredibly obvious place :D
Pls don't lie :p

Had fun playing with you and Figa' today. Wouldn't be able to play as long if I was playing with randoms.

I finally got a decent weapon at the end. My other ones were doing no damage in PvP.

03/12/13 – Man who verbally abuses and head-butts fellow professionals discusses dignity:

“You have to prove yourself as a manager at any club, but particularly at a big club, that you can handle the tough times.

“Maybe people will look back on the last year and say, ‘Well, he handled it with a bit of dignity and respect’, which I tried to do.

“Bobby Robson bought that to this job and for me, that’s the beacon to make sure I uphold those traditions.”

01/03/14 – On head-butting Hull’s David Meyler:

“I tried to push him away with my head.”

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Seems like there's a lot of revisionism going on with Welbeck amongst football fans in general.

Van Gaal says his record wasnt good enough

Wenger wanted a loan rather than a buy

I think that kind of says it all :3

Good player, not good enough, was given alot of time. Might still be good, but has it all to prove.

most footballers have atrocious style, let's be honest.

but yeah, he could have at least worn a polo to his signing. :p

Everytime I see Sterling's stupid hair I die a little inside, money does bad things to these people. Should have it put into trusts until they're like 40 and given them £20 a week to live on

EmiPrime

Van Gaal says his record wasnt good enough

Wenger wanted a loan rather than a buy

I think that kind of says it all :3

Good player, not good enough, was given alot of time. Might still be good, but has it all to prove.

That's not what he said. :/

Arsene said that when Welbeck was only available for loan he was only interested if it was a loan with an option to buy. As soon as we were able to buy him outright he was on board.

Everytime I see Sterling's stupid hair I die a little inside, money does bad things to these people. Should have it put into trusts until they're like 40 and given them £20 a week to live on

Sterling's hair is boss

Pls don't lie :p

Had fun playing with you and Figa' today. Wouldn't be able to play as long if I was playing with randoms.

I finally got a decent weapon at the end. My other ones were doing no damage in PvP.

Seriously, the chest is like 15 seconds away from the place you start :D

I bought a new Scout Rifle since it's the same level as the one I was using, but does about 40 more damage, and has a bigger magazine/better upgrades

The sniper rifle is brilliant. Reminds me a bit of MW2 in the way the stick sensitivity is just right to aim properly

I'm not sure the MP balancing works properly, it really did feel like it took me 10 shots to take someone out, while they were killing me in 3-4

Sounds like Rodgers confirmed that Sturridge wasn't given the same post-game light training that we do. If it's something that we recommended to the FA and they ignored it, there could be a storm brewing

From the quotes on RAWK, he's holding the medical team responsible rather than Hodgson

B-Rod said:
I speak regularly with Roy, but he is probably being led by some of the sports science people around him and for whatever reason Dan was deemed able to train.

Full article:

Brendan Rodgers has criticised England's treatment of Liverpool FC striker Daniel Sturridge .

The Reds boss says the thigh strain the 25-year-old suffered on international duty last week "could have been prevented".

Sturridge, who is facing another fortnight on the sidelines, pulled up during a full training session last Friday at St George's Park - just 36 hours after playing 89 minutes against Norway at Wembley.

The prolific frontman would usually have two recovery days following a Liverpool match and Rodgers has been left frustrated by the way Sturridge was handled by Roy Hodgson and his staff.

"The only disappointment for us was Daniel Sturridge coming back injured as he had started the season very well," Rodgers told talkSport.

"We're obviously disappointed because we feel it was an injury which could have been prevented.

"He has worked so hard over pre-season and looked very fit and strong in our last game against Tottenham."

Asked to expand on how the injury could have been avoided, Rodgers added: "I think clubs work differently at times to international teams.

"It's more the recovery strategy. When we look at our players here we look at them individually in terms of what their needs are.

"Fast players would have a second day recovery while other players can work on that day.

"When you are that type of quick player like Daniel Sturridge, Raheem Sterling and boys like Danny Welbeck you need to recover them."

LTWheels

Also:

@JamesPearceEcho: Rodgers: "Emre Can could be out for up to six weeks with an ankle injury. Joe Allen has an issue with his knee."

Thank god we got a squad now.

Balotelli Sterling
Lallana
Coutinho Henderson
Gerrard
Def.

Tc91

West Ham goalkeeper Adrian has told FourFourTwo that Manchester City are now the most popular English club in Spain.

"I think that above all people talk most about Manchester City and Chelsea," he said.

"Chelsea have [Jose] Mourinho as manager, they signed Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas and others who were in La Liga. It caused a stir over there.

"Of course there's Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, but right now Man City are the biggest for people in Spain and the most closely followed.

This guy obviously doesn't know how many fans we have :lol. Still salty that he got lobbed from the half way line by a fat fuck.

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYrQdgW9pNE

What a video. BerbaGOD.

K1LLER7

Seriously, the chest is like 15 seconds away from the place you start :D

I bought a new Scout Rifle since it's the same level as the one I was using, but does about 40 more damage, and has a bigger magazine/better upgrades

The sniper rifle is brilliant. Reminds me a bit of MW2 in the way the stick sensitivity is just right to aim properly

I'm not sure the MP balancing works properly, it really did feel like it took me 10 shots to take someone out, while they were killing me in 3-4
Cheers, will have a look next time I'm on.

I haven't properly tried the sniper yet. In the PvP earlier, I tried to hide in the grass and use the sniper but Figa had to kill me :(

Shotgun is great though, it works well with the Titan's flash grenade. I worked better for me in the PvP mode.

I think the kill count is a bit iffy in the story/mission mode :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom