• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
yeah he was the one who probably beat me that time then

I would never let him consort with the likes of you

I laughed a lot tonight. Free meal with work. Just giggled endlessly.

Tomorrow:

Burger. Fries. Coke.
Arsenal v City.
West Brom v Everton.
Liverpool v Cleverley.

What a day to be alive.

I'm waking up at midday to watch arsenal city, having a beer and some lunch, and then heading off to the airport to start my Ottoman Empire.

pulga

Banned
alright im off, bullshit job/internship wants me at the office @ 7, which means i need to wake up at fucking 5.30 am

on a saturday

kill me

Zabojnik

PARTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ZzjbJ7.gif

my bb ;_;

I'm almost more excited about Inter - Sassuolo than I am about Juve - Udinese tomorrow. Imagine if Zaza and Mimmo tear Mazzarri a new asshole, just imagine.

Lightning

Banned
"very few clubs"

:loooooooooooool

Arsenal must be the only club with that little in the league.
One of those '3' centre backs one is Chambers who is also our only cover for right back and has only played all of 5 or so games at centre back.

Just lol. Have to laugh I guess.

Arnie

I barely even class Chambers as a centre back.

If he'd played against a team ruthless enough to expose his defensive naivety he'd be rightly slammed at this point. Made a fucking tragic error in each game he's played but for various reasons hasn't been punished for it.

Koscielny is going down at some point.

Generally speaking, I don't think playing a season with 3 good CBs is all that crazy if you have a few players that can fill in in the worst case. If you're not terribly unlucky with injuries, you should be good to go. Most coaches don't really want to mix up their CB pairing every few matches, anyway.

But it seems rather mental to go into the season with 2 CBs + a 19-year-old that has only played RB in PL football at his former club. Even more so considering the fight for CL places might be tougher than ever with Liverpool being back at the top places and United investing like crazy.

Which top clubs in Europe, let alone the PL, only have 3 centrebacks. And that's including Chambers, who seems a bit wobbly, though promising

We've done it until this season. Last season showed that it will cost you lots of points sooner rather than later, though.

Arnie

VigilantClassicCero.gif

Destiny PvP.
I don't know why anybody is wasting their time with this shit.

If this was made by the same goons that made Legendary: The Box then nobody would give a fuck. It's a fucking woeful competitive experience.

RIP Bungie. I knew you were gone at Bloom and Armour Abilities.

This is just fucking poop.

Hixx

To be fair, they had plenty of opportunities to hit them.

I hit him enough times that if he didn't have that ability he would have died. Because of that ability I didn't even take off his shield (there are a couple of crits too, bear in mind) as he crossed a large room.

It's a broken ability.

I'm enjoying PVP

That Blade Dancer ability is bullshit though. You should have half-shields while using it if anything, not double.

(I assume they get extra shield strength, seemed like it when playing against them)

Labadal

I hit him enough times that if he didn't have that ability he would have died. Because of that ability I didn't even take off his shield (there are a couple of crits too, bear in mind) as he crossed a large room.

It's a broken ability.

Seems like a broken game.

K1LLER7

It's a broken ability.
Yeah.

I usually try to jump and hover around. Helps sometimes, not too often though lol.

Btw good games: Hitch, Figa, Miles, Diablo.

Last game was sooo close...but I had to die :p

Arnie

It's a broken ability.
After three years Bungie determined it was okay.

There's a fundamental flaw in the selection process. They don't want the game to be what you want it to be (balanced). The very premise of "take your RPG character into multiplayer" is te dumbest fucking thing in the UNIVERSE.

Seems like a broken game.

It's become more balanced as the community has generally reached levels between 12 and 20

The core broken element as far as I can tell was that even if they'd levelled the damage, higher level characters had guns that fired faster, and with less recoil, and they'd unlocked the basic class perks which you don't get until level 8 or so

Yeah.

I usually try to jump and hover around. Helps sometimes, not too often though lol.

Btw good games: Hitch, Figa, Miles, Diablo.

Last game was sooo close...but I had to die :p

We won, I sniped the guy just after he killed you so they were 15 points short of 10,000. If he'd killed you with a bonus for headshotting/melee etc, we'd have lost :D

think that's how it happened anyway. Maybe we did lose, in which case, DAMMIT KILLER

Fintan

There's a fundamental flaw in the selection process. They don't want the game to be what you want it to be (balanced). The very premise of "take your RPG character into multiplayer" is te dumbest fucking thing in the UNIVERSE.
It's depressing to see where they've ended up from the heights of Halo 2 and 3 MP. No multiplayer console shooter comes close for me. And Halo has only worsened since 343 took over. Halo 4 was so shit.

Hixx

It's become more balanced as the community has generally reached levels between 12 and 20

The core broken element as far as I can tell was that even if they'd levelled the damage, higher level characters had guns that fired faster, and with less recoil, and they'd unlocked the basic class perks which you don't get until level 8 or so

Disagree. The higher level I got, the more broken the PvP seemed.

PvE is good fun (though the bosses take twice as long to die as they should...) though. A few patches down the line Destiny could be a really good game. At the minute it's frustratingly average. Fun to play but so many balance issues and systems problems that it's hard to feel like I'll be playing this once FIFA comes out.

Arnie

It's depressing to see where they've ended up from the heights of Halo 2 and 3 MP. No multiplayer console shooter comes close for me. And Halo has only worsened since 343 took over. Halo 4 was so shit.
Aye.

Halo 5 will be gash.

Not being suckered in. They'd have to remove half of post-Reach Halo to make it good. And they ain't doing that. Sprint. Spawning. Abilities. Etc. all or mostly going to be present.

Rather spend the few free hours in the day doing something that didn't stink of abject failure.

One little thing that would really improve the MP is simply showing headshots on the play-by-play thing in the bottom left

When I die in one shot, I wanna be fucking sure that it was a headshot, otherwise I assume that the game is bullshit and I've been one-shotted in the torso :p

So true. Even Blizzard gave up on that concept.

LTWheels

I think Guild War 2 did this quite well by separating your pve character from pvp character. Your pvp character had everything unlocked, max level, and you didn't bring in your armour from pve.

Re: halo 5, so far they have been saying the right things, such as regarding map control and power weapons, but we will see.

Hixx

One little thing that would really improve the MP is simply showing headshots on the play-by-play thing in the bottom left

When I die in one shot, I wanna be fucking sure that it was a headshot, otherwise I assume that the game is bullshit and I've been one-shotted in the torso :p

I think it does in the top right of the death screen? The bar with "Guardian down" and the weapon that killed you.

Fintan

Aye.

Halo 5 will be gash.

Not being suckered in. They'd have to remove half of post-Reach Halo to make it good. And they ain't doing that. Sprint. Spawning. Abilities. Etc. all or mostly going to be present.

Rather spend the few free hours in the day doing something that didn't stink of abject failure.
Is the modern state of FPS multiplayer all a reaction to Call of Duty multiplayer? It feels like the Multiplayer I most enjoyed last generation (Killzone 2, Halo 3) all ruined their sequels by trying to be more like COD in terms of feel, classes, perk style abilities etc.

And I'm really not a fan of getting rid of actual ranking systems. I liked the challenge of actually trying to rank up in Halo 3. I hate this shit where your rank just goes up based on how much you've played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom