• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Also Jordi is beautiful

jordigomez1.jpg

EmiPrime

Bellerin has a chance because of the Debuchy injury. That Arsene was willing to loan out Jenkinson also shows he rates him.

Even with the defensive midfield options Arsenal have, I can't see Hayden going beyond Eastmond/Frimpong levels and, similarly, I don't see Akpom getting a run of games with the forward options at the moment.

I use to take more of an interest in the younger players at Arsenal (back when they use to field a team of 18/19 year olds in the Carling Cup). Now, though, if they aren't pushing for the first-team by the time they're like 19, I assume they haven't made the grade unfortunately. There's been so many "next big things" at Arsenal. Although, I'm sure every club has their equivalent to Fran Merida, Nacer Barazite, etc.

Seems that way. :( There's a gulf in ability between PL/senior international and U21 level that even promising players struggle to cross. Will be interesting to see which youngsters get a go against Saints in 10 days time. Think Bellerin will get a shot and maybe Joel Campbell will finally get a game!

Clegg

You're not using it right m8.

Hope we play better tomorrow than the last 2 games. A win is a must! We'll go 1 point behind 4th even after the crap start the team has had.
We may not win tomorrow, but with Falcao and Blind in the team we'll at least be beautiful.

And in the end that's what really matters.

Linius

I think it's gotten progressively less useful for like the last three FIFAs. Overall, I'm finding a few of the ways I normally score are less effective.

Has anyone been using the d-pad tactics on corners?

Yeah, I like the one where my players come run inside the box.

I think it's gotten progressively less useful for like the last three FIFAs. Overall, I'm finding a few of the ways I normally score are less effective.

Has anyone been using the d-pad tactics on corners?

It peaked with the south africa world cup game. It was a goal most of the time if you just had Bendtner with his back to goal and did a finesse shot, he would score nearly every time lol

I just watched a video of some people fighting the street and the crowd starts chanting "WORLD STAR, WORLD STAR , WORLD STAR". What a time to be alive.
CNB1W6d.png

Lightning

Banned
Missed all the games today, fuck painting. I heard Allegri waited too long to make subs and Balotelli was invisible? Didn't miss anything new I guess.
Wenger like subs?

78. min sub forced through injury (Chambers on for Debuchy)
88' min sub forced through cramp (Chamberlain on for Welbeck)
90th min sub Arteta on for Flamini who was shit the entire game.

Add Wenger to the " Don't know how to use subs" list.

Linius

Wenger like subs?

Sounds like De Boer.

valeo

Wenger like subs?

Why we didn't bring on Cazorla for Ozil as soon as We went 2-1 up I have no idea.

Only when you're shooting at a open goal m10 :p

I found it's easier to beat the keeper by NOT shooting across him when in a 1v1. Also rounding the keeper is so much easier in this game.

Agreed, shooting across the keeper is unrealistically ineffective atm, and yeah rounding is easier now but I don't think that's a bad thing.

K1LLER7

Agreed, shooting across the keeper is unrealistically ineffective atm, and yeah rounding is easier now but I don't think that's a bad thing.
Chips are much harder to pull off too. Which is good imo.

Like that the game feels quicker overall. The older games felt too slow and trying to dribble past players felt weird. The new FIFA does it so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom