• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

I don't see Moratta in either scenario.

You suck.

For the first time in I don't know how many years we have an abundance of solid strikers. Please understand. Morata will replace Llorente in a couple of months anyway.

tjI5OS.gif

The problem isn't Ozil, the problem is Wenger sticking him on the wing and the fact we have no finishers. Even if Fabregas had come back, we would still have average finishers missing the chances he creates. Fabregas didn't want to be at Arsenal, we should all just move on.

Salazar

The problem isn't Ozil, the problem is Wenger sticking him on the wing and the fact we have no finishers. Even if Fabregas had come back, we would still have average finishers missing the chances he creates. Fabregas didn't want to be at Arsenal, we should all just move on.

Man, Welbz was so close

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_nbvc9mZkpL1r30r4xo4_250.gif

Stephan ;_; Why can't we just give him whatever the fuck he wants? It's just 500k, take it from Motta's salary and give it to him.
Get some Pogba stripes.
Good idea!

tumblr_nbvjspWqMr1r30r4xo1_500.gif

btw, was your bushy beard as bushy as Motta's?

tumblr_nbuue2FSAL1s8z5rho1_250.gif

even tumblr cant handle it :lol it's just a fucking abyss

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What I'd like to see against Malmo:

------------------ Buffon ------------------
-----------------------------------------------
----- Licht Bonucci Chiellini Evra ----
---------Pogba Marchisio Asa ---------
------------ Tevez Coman ---------------
---------------- Llorente ------------------

What I'll get:

------------------------------ Buffon -----------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------- Caceres - Bonucci - Chiellini --------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Lichtsteiner - Pereyra - Marchisio - Pogba - Asamoah --
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------- Tevez - Llorente -----------------------------

Allegri channeling his inner Conte again. :(

If we don't go 4-3-fucking-3 against fucking Malmo(?) at fucking HOME I'm going to fucking RAGE.

Jack cw

Bayern played bad yesterday. And Alonso was the only reason why we didn't lose control over this game. After the game Pep said: "We need to help Xabi. Otherwise he's dead." Saying that he can't do THAT much in every game.

Can't wait for Thiago to be back. Xabi and Thiago HNG.

Cant blame the team if they are already thinking about City and CL. It was alright, they had Stuttgart always under control. City will be more attacking, which is good. Robben, RIbery, Götze, lewa and Müller should do the job.

sohois

Didn't get around to commentating on the Liverpool-Villa game last night (stupid late kick off) and figured I would add my 2 cents now. Haven't really looked at any impressions over than a glance at Rawk craziness - to paraphrase "Worst performance of Rodgers career", "Top 4 is done, might as well end the season now" - so I don't know how other more rational people see the game.

First of all, I don't think there needs to be much negativity taken from the result. Liverpool ran into an expected issue with the attack just not knowing each other and how to play together. Frequently one saw Coutinho, Lallana and Markovic all occupying the same areas of the field. In addition several players were playing at completely different tempos, with Ballotelli and Coutinho seeming to favour a slower buildup whilst the other attackers wanted to go much faster. This lead to a lot of confusion, particularly with fullbacks and a lot of misplaced passes. I think Rodgers major mistake was gambling on the players just clicking and deciding to throw all these new players together. Before the game I felt the best option was to just carry on with the previous system, bringing in Lallana for Allen and Lambert for Sturridge.

I feel a lot of the worries following the game are due to comparisons with football under Kenny and early Rodgers - Liverpool dominating possession and chances but pretty toothless at scoring. However, aside from the new players making this comparison false, the level of Liverpool's domination was on another level to those past eras. I can't remember a single chance Villa created from open play, so much of the ball was with Liverpool. When you can achieve this consistently then the defence being poor almost ceases to be an issue.

Real issues would arise if Liverpool are still stuttering in attack in a few games time. None of the players were an issue - Lallana had a fine debut, Coutinho was better than previous games, whilst Markovic's touch of class was clear to see. Ballotelli was not great but again I feel the system is too blame. A great many people had pointed out that Ballotelli does not do well as the main man and it would have probably been a more comfortable experience for him with another striker alongside him. Those are my thoughts.

Also the ref was proper shite.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Morata should get 30min against Malmo. We'll definitely play 3-5-2, which as Zazo says is kinda bullshit.

he played for like...3 minutes, but I was really impressed! He's got pace and he twists and turns like a ballerina <3 #BlackSwan #Elbuyback

Zabojnik

he played for like...3 minutes, but I was really impressed! He's got pace and he twists and turns like a ballerina <3 #BlackSwan #Elbuyback

That's how he played in that U21 game where he impressed me to no end. He's basically a Llorente 2.0.

Linius

I'm just wondering what was going trough his head. Anyone could have seen that his car could have never made that turn like that :p

GorillaJu

Didn't get around to commentating on the Liverpool-Villa game last night (stupid late kick off) and figured I would add my 2 cents now. Haven't really looked at any impressions over than a glance at Rawk craziness - to paraphrase "Worst performance of Rodgers career", "Top 4 is done, might as well end the season now" - so I don't know how other more rational people see the game.

First of all, I don't think there needs to be much negativity taken from the result. Liverpool ran into an expected issue with the attack just not knowing each other and how to play together. Frequently one saw Coutinho, Lallana and Markovic all occupying the same areas of the field. In addition several players were playing at completely different tempos, with Ballotelli and Coutinho seeming to favour a slower buildup whilst the other attackers wanted to go much faster. This lead to a lot of confusion, particularly with fullbacks and a lot of misplaced passes. I think Rodgers major mistake was gambling on the players just clicking and deciding to throw all these new players together. Before the game I felt the best option was to just carry on with the previous system, bringing in Lallana for Allen and Lambert for Sturridge.

I feel a lot of the worries following the game are due to comparisons with football under Kenny and early Rodgers - Liverpool dominating possession and chances but pretty toothless at scoring. However, aside from the new players making this comparison false, the level of Liverpool's domination was on another level to those past eras. I can't remember a single chance Villa created from open play, so much of the ball was with Liverpool. When you can achieve this consistently then the defence being poor almost ceases to be an issue.

Real issues would arise if Liverpool are still stuttering in attack in a few games time. None of the players were an issue - Lallana had a fine debut, Coutinho was better than previous games, whilst Markovic's touch of class was clear to see. Ballotelli was not great but again I feel the system is too blame. A great many people had pointed out that Ballotelli does not do well as the main man and it would have probably been a more comfortable experience for him with another striker alongside him. Those are my thoughts.

Also the ref was proper shite.

I agree with everything here. I didn't read the thread because I expected mostly lollerpools and alarmist hyperbole but I think you're absolutely correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom