• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

So physical or digital for FIFA this year GAF?

I always go physical copy. Gamestop always runs a promo for sports games where you can get a couple extra bucks if you trade the current game in for the upcoming one. End up saving like $25 towards the new game.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Kyoufu had a second hole like that this year, but through dedication he was standing up playing fifa with us.

And he still got shit on by mr. cola. :(

That's cute, thinking the CAM spot isn't Sharkeisha's.

Thats just one formation Wooden, there are many others

And Im losing CAM over my dead body :3

Since Bacon's quitting do you need a DMC?

I can also play as a distributing CB if need be. I'm basically FIFA's equivalent of Michael Mancienne.

We do change around quite a bit, so really just get in and take whatever position is free. As said, you can also change your pro in between matches so if people are bored of one position or whatever we just ask in the mumbles if someone wants to switch around.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Since Bacon's quitting do you need a DMC?

I can also play as a distributing CB if need be. I'm basically FIFA's equivalent of Michael Mancienne.

We want and accept everyone!

Also these positions arent fixed, our rule is whoever gets it takes it, we just tend to drift into certain ones as we have played together for 2 years.

Mr Cola

I wish fifa clubs worked for me on pc like it does on ps4.

:(

Maybe 15 will?

God im so excited

I am like a dog who gets to hump everything infinitely forever and ever and eats food and everything.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
BruisedCluelessCuttlefish.gif

Can't wait to see him playing for us.

anthonyOA

Skrtle just had an epic battle with ibra resulting in a red card for him (CPU). The COU was all over Ibra all game but he wriggled ffree and scored a peach. Lover this demo!

Mr Cola

The worse RM do the more likely Ronnie will come home :)

Mr Cola

I don't think it's quite time for him to go to Sporting yet, will probably take a few years at Chelsea or City first.

I had a formation ready to post with The River as sole striker.

no more

Marc

Is the FIFA 15 demo doing strange things for them?

First session I played was beautiful, players actually running off the ball, able to dribble past people and using the first touch to mug people off. Everything fluid and able to win the ball back within reason.

Now I am playing and my teammate AI has gone mental, literally running in to block my own shots! Their rightback can dribble past 5-6 of my players no problem. So I start resorting to slide tackles which I rarely do, and every time I win it the ball somehow bounces to one of their guys. Its like a fucking magnet to them. can have 4 of mine surrounding him but somehow worm its way to another one of the AI's players. Their goalkeeper is unbeatable unless it comes in off the post, has to be millimetre perfect to score or a tap in. Da fuck happened!

Got it preordered now anyway and enjoy it much more than the FIFA 14 demo but very annoying.

I am only playing with Liverpool though so maybe that is the problem.
Uus4Plt.png

FIFA 15 demo: Shooting is weird, but I really like the way the keepers move. Remember though, the demo is never like the final retail version we will be getting in 10 days!

Somewhere someone in Real Madrid is shrugging off the loss because they managed to get 60 million for their ugliest player AND secured jerseys sales in Colombia and Mexico.

Somewhere someone in Real Madrid is shrugging off the loss because they managed to get 60 million for their ugliest player AND secured jerseys sales in Colombia and Mexico.
This has me wondering; if shirt sales are all that important why haven't Madrid tried to tie up the Asian market? A Japanese or Korean player would do wonders.

I missed most of the early games since they are on at like 6:30 AM here in the US, but I just caught the highlights from the Arsenal v City match. Holy crap, what a great game! The Wilshere and Sanchez goals were incredible. I've long considered Man City to be East Argentina, so I'm not surprised to see both Kun Aguero and Demichelis show up big for the side. Aguero seems to be back in form after a letdown of a World Cup. I think things would have been different in the final with a healthy Angel of Mary and Aguero, but what's done is done.

I know you are all foaming at the mouth to get an update on your River Plate side, but alas the defending champs will not play until tomorrow evening. They're up against the Argentine version of Arsenal, called creatively enough, Arsenal. Meanwhile, everyone's least favorite Argentine side, Boca Juniors, face off against La Academia, Racing Club. Tomorrow, we're all Racing fans.

Because it isn't all actually that important, but is a decent excuse when your club shit players.

Shirt sales don't make 1/10 the money most football fans seem to think they do.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Just seems weird to me to hear "shirt sales!" even if it is ironically haha.

It isn't.

I won't be surprised if they buy some players because on how bankable they are though.

And I still don't understand how the hell do you get rid of Di Maria and take Hernandez into your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom