• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

75p? Arnie you bindipper.

Get your toned arse to the butchers and ask for a £6 lump of fillet.

My rent costs me two Xbox One bundles every month, without bills.

Can't be spending six pounds on a single steak.*

*Had a pizza and a bottle of wine at a restaurant last night, so that's not entirely true

Wilbur

Banned
I'm fucking mad for wine at the moment. Don't know why, but something fruity, crisp and Chilean tickles my giblets.

No, not you Arturo. You're dead to me.

Arnie

The heck!

You can rent castles these days?
London, innit.
I'm fucking mad for wine at the moment. Don't know why, but something fruity, crisp and Chilean tickles my giblets.

No, not you Arturo. You're dead to me.
Didn't really enjoy the wine last night. Too tangy.

Have six Peronis for tonight's house party. And half a bottle of white rum with some Fanta Fruit Twist.

Wilbur

Banned
London, innit.

Have six Peronis for tonight's house party. And half a bottle of white rum with some Fanta Fruit Twist.

Six peronis, half a bottle of rum and a 75p steak

LOOOOOOL

Bye Arnold.

Scum

London, innit.

ieBViOIubAlm1.png

Hixx

No way. Fillet is bland as fuck.

Rump isn't a good cut. Rib-eye is.

Turning your nose up at fillet though? That's just madness

Rump is fucking boss. Actually tastes of fucking meat and is cheap.

If I fancy steak but just want a cheap meal it's rump every time.

Esch

Banned
Why's it gotta be an either/or

A fillet butter basted in a pan with some herbs and garlic is amazing

Slow roast or bbqued rump is amazing

Lee in The Office is such a cunt

Apparently Sturridge injured himself doing fitness-related sprints which players prone to mucle tears are usually exempt from in the aftermath of full matches

pls put him on a specific regime with England :(

Fillet is one of the least flavoursome cuts.

Fillet cuts are from the centre of the animal so the muscle doesn't do much work, which gives it flavour.

Rump is the butt which does loads of work = more flavour. But tougher meat than the fillet which is like jelly.

It's the sauce which gives the fillet the flavour. dat peppercorn.

Hixx

Rib-eye medium rare with vegetables and chips or potatoes.

I'd only ate rump for the longest time then I decided to try out sirloin - didn't really like it. Then fillet. Really didn't like it. Then rib-eye. Amazing.

Off-topic but ever since Chrome updated the other day some of the text on GAF has gotten really small. In the preview post box especially.

Wilbur

Banned
Fillet is one of the least flavoursome cuts.

Fillet cuts are from the centre of the animal so the muscle doesn't do much work, which gives it flavour.

Rump is the butt which does loads of work = more flavour. But tougher meat than the fillet which is like jelly.

It's the sauce which gives the fillet the flavour. dat peppercorn.

The way fillet just melts in your mouth is astonishing

The way fillet just melts in your mouth is astonishing

No doubt.

You should go to Meat Co in Westfield London. They have a £12.50 lunch menu. Steak of the day. Call ahead and find out what day it's a fillet cut. Think you get the steak and a side and a drink all for £12.50. Their cuts are normally a minimum of £35 so it's some insanely good shit for a bargain price.

Wilbur

Banned
No doubt.

You should go to Meat Co in Westfield London. They have a £12.50 lunch menu. Steak of the day. Call ahead and find out what day it's a fillet cut. Think you get the steak and a side and a drink all for £12.50. Their cuts are normally a minimum of £35 so it's some insanely good shit for a bargain price.

That sounds great. Will do that, cheers.

Arnie

I've never had a proper rib-eye. I love a sirloin.

Honestly all steak is good. Feels pedantic arguing about which cut is the best. All cuts fill me up and taste good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom