• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Pep just comes off as that over achieving asshole always for some reason. Like even in his interviews I can sense a smug air of superiority. What a dick.
He's not an over achiever, he's achieved what you'd expect from a guy that inherited some of the greatest squads of all time. Most overrated manager in the modern era after Del Bosque and Scolari.

Blablurn

Man, Pep just comes off as that over achieving asshole always for some reason. Like even in his interviews I can sense a smug air of superiority. What a dick.

You sound like a fun guy

He's not an over achiever, he's achieved what you'd expect from a guy that inherited some of the greatest squads of all time. Most overrated manager in the modern era after Del Bosque and Scolari.

And you sound even better.

Esch

Banned
Be honest. Would you want to hang out with Pep? Nah. He'd probably say lots of passive aggressive things about you. Or rub you, if he likes you.

Empty

Says the guy who went from a two club league to a one and a half club league, managing the two teams who basically have guaranteed CL spots due to financial domination.

yeah. it's a lesson for certain big clubs, but not others. barca for example had a totally disastrous season last year according to their fans, leading to massive re-investment this summer and a reboot of manager like united. yet didn't even come close to leaving the cl places (24 points ahead of sevilla in fifth) and almost won the league.

K1LLER7

Good games Hitch and Figa.

No idea how far we were from finishing that strike mission but we were so close to opening that door :(

Blablurn

Be honest. Would you want to hang out with Pep? Nah. He'd probably say lots of passive aggressive things about you. Or rub you, if he likes you.

If I can survive this thread with you guys, I can survive an evening with Pep.

Just look at the post above mine.

We also have some... "funny" guys here.

Randdalf

I think the largest caveat United's fall from grace represents is that you should probably not hire David Moyes as your manager.

Not sure that's necessarily true, he did very well at Everton for a long time. Perhaps not if your club is of the ilk of Manchester United, but I could see him as a candidate for the Newcastle job if they sack Pardew, for example.

Bold One

What a dumb quote,

United's lesson if any is that we failed to spend at appropriate times,

Pep has always been a smug turd, I wish Maureen would go manage BvB to make his life hell.

Thing is no other top club apart from Arsenal will find themselves in the same situation as United. Having had the same manager for 20+ years, not going to happen in the modern game anymore.

At least 2 of them are still decent enough players.

Doesn't change the fact that Fergie's squad reinvestment was generally poor, though probably borne from his own ability to get the most out of mediocrity.

I think mainly we were coming to the end of a cycle. People often forget the Djemba Djemba years before Ronaldo flowered and the likes of Vidic and Evra were brought in. Fergie was just too old to do another rebuild, so he focused on getting his swan song season instead and put all the responsibility on... David Moyes.

Not sure that's necessarily true, he did very well at Everton for a long time. Perhaps not if your club is of the ilk of Manchester United, but I could see him as a candidate for the Newcastle job if they sack Pardew, for example.

Which is precisely the context in which Pep's comments were made i.e. if you're a big club looking to stay on top.

AngryNippyDikdik.gif

That Pep quote is probaby not even true. Daily Mail? Guys pls.

and the guardian...

http://www.theguardian.com/football...nich-players-not-interested-manchester-united

Whoever is still doing his CL fantasy team, get in as many Chelsea players as possible. This is the defense Schlacke will be rocking tomorrow:
Höger/Clemens (shit) - Friedrich (18 years) - Ayhan (19 years) - Aogo (shit)

Will be a glorious slaughter, too bad ZDF is showing those stupid Weißwürste.

inky

LOL Pep, such a cunt.

United's fall from grace was a long time coming, and its such a combination of circumstances that very few other top teams in the world would ever be in that position:

- Fergie's long, ultra successful term coming to an end,
- his inability to strengthen the squad during his last years,
- an unsuccessful transition with Moyes at the helm,
- being in the best league in the world where usually more than 2 teams are competing for top spots,
- increased spending from those competitors to build strong squads of their own,
- normal institutional readjustment period

Like, seriously. Very few teams need heed the warning. I'd say Arsenal after Wenger leaves, but they are struggling now anyways.

Whoever is still doing his CL fantasy team, get in as many Chelsea players as possible. This is the defense Schlacke will be rocking tomorrow:
Höger/Clemens (shit) - Friedrich (18 years) - Ayhan (19 years) - Aogo (shit)

Will be a glorious slaughter, too bad ZDF is showing those stupid Weißwürste.

It's time to let Remy score some goals.

Need to play more crucible matches to get the rank up :(

I'm level 20 but the 'Light' lvl is at 21.

Make sure to do bounties. You get 3 marks for every win and 50 or 100 rep I think. I need like 50 more marks so I can buy the gauntlets and complete my set. :D

Got a Legendary helmet from the cryptographer.

The most successful Englsh team in the history of European football returns tonight

I have literally had a chubby in my pants all day today about Liverpool back in the champs league.

My Man United supporting friends all look so depressed today. Righteousness.

LOL Pep, such a cunt.

United's fall from grace was a long time coming, and its such a combination of circumstances that very few other top teams in the world would ever be in that position:

- Fergie's long, ultra successful term coming to an end,
- his inability to strengthen the squad during his last years,
- an unsuccessful transition with Moyes at the helm,
- being in the best league in the world where usually more than 2 teams are competing for top spots,
- increased spending from those competitors to build strong squads of their own,
- normal institutional readjustment period

Like, seriously. Very few teams need heed the warning. I'd say Arsenal after Wenger leaves, but they are struggling now anyways.

Pretty much bang on.

The last sentence got me lolling. I can't wait til Wenger quits n Arsenal free fall.

L1NETT

Another good looking foetus.

Where?

Pereria or whatever he's called is dangerously close to a monobrow

A very heavy set brow too, looks very saturday-morning cartoon villain like.

--

Oh and Broken, first Forza Horizon was bangin. Looking forward to checkin out this one when my one (that sounds weird) arrives

There is no need to be butt hurt because people exist who don't suck off your putrid little club at every turn.

Chelsea fan right?

hmmm

(joking)

(well maybe only a bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom