• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the whole game, but Hulk was going for the jugular from what I've seen. Shame he didn't get a couple more in. Happy he's hitting his stride.

Hulk had a very poor first season at Zenit, trying to do everything himself to justify the huge fee we paid for him. But he settled down, integrated more into the team and has been fantastic last season and so far this season. Him, Danny and Shatov have great chemistry. Should be a good season for us methinks.

11 straight wins and counting. :)

pulga

Banned
zabo i lost your post, but i dont know... they seem somewhat ill-fit together on paper.

Hell of an aerial threat though. I want to see more of Coman and Morata playing together!

Arnie

If we have Sturridge for Madrid we'll be fine.

Can't wait to wail about Jordan Henderson in the Berneabau.

Got a brew for the highlights show.

Ander Herrera looks like a Morgan Stanley intern or something.

Also dat Tevez. Brilliant first goal. Top goalscorer in the CL for now!

Juve-bros, t'was a somewhat decent performance tonight, but I remain of the idea that this tactical setup just doesn't work in Europe. It has its merits, obviously, and we've become master interpreters of the 352 over the past three seasons, but it's just not what we need in CL. We need more speed. Unpredictability. Sudden counters & breaks. We now have the players for it. Evra (with all his limits, but still), Coman, Morata, Asamoah as a midfielder, Pereyra and even Pepe. Let's do this, Allegri.
I think Morata could come good on the wing too, he has the pace for it. Anyway, we know that Allegri's long-term goal for this season is switching to a 4-3-whatever formation, he has said so himself, so it's only a matter of time.

J9XPKTW.png

Wait. is that...Is that....Valencia...Smiling?!

Arnie

Still love Micky. At least he went to Dortmund.

Christ, Welbeck really can't finish. Unlike Immobile. Lovely goal from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom