• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post on the last page got swept away since it was the last one. I'm not even kidding, they should seriously look into that defender for match fixing. That was the worst decision I've seen a defender make in ages -- the ball was clearly on its way uninterrupted to the keeper. Unbelievable decision.

Or you know, he's just a bit shit and couldn't handle the pressure. Their hero Moti is a chain smoking dude who's highest point in his career was 5 matches for Siena...

Blablurn

edit: and Rafinha saying he's fit to play tomorrow. fml

ribery22kwy.png

subtles

I just got back. It seems like we really struggled going by some of the posts here. Perhaps this game is better off seen as highlights?

Yen

I think this season will go a lot like Rodgers first season, in that we really need to gel but when we do we should be back to last season's level. Rodgers has shown he's a good enough coach to get players playing above their station (having done it for us before), or rather, allow them to reach their potential. Now we basically have a new side, so he'll have to do it again.
The problem is how long that process will take. I hope we can still ensure CL football.

Get Daniel, Allen and Emre Can back and we'll have a stew going.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
There's more to Welbeck right? He really can't just be dat guy, Can he?

Ive heard the excuses tonight that

a) He needs confidence
b) One goal and hell go on a run

This after he scored twice for England before his Arsenal debut.

Zabojnik

guys pls he was always gonna be brilliant

Could he play with Llorente? The general idea is that he's Llion's sub (or vice-versa, heh), but I think they could coexist. While Morata has the physicalliteh to play like Llorente, he's much quicker and tends to move all around the penalty area.

Great match, every player was fantastic.

Micky needs to score quickly, though. Some pussy or a goal, I'm not quite sure yet but he desperately needs it. Preferably both.

RiggyRob

There's more to Welbeck right? He really can't just be dat guy, Can he?

If you're lucky, you can sell him on for £10m+ cause of the English tax.

He was really poor tonight, could've won the game on his own for Arsenal if he'd just taken his chances.

Linius

My post on the last page got swept away since it was the last one. I'm not even kidding, they should seriously look into that defender for match fixing. That was the worst decision I've seen a defender make in ages -- the ball was clearly on its way uninterrupted to the keeper. Unbelievable decision.

Come on man :p

I was disappointed by Arsenal, though, they were fucking awful. Ramsey, Wilshere and Arteta got totally bossed by a Bender, who has played like 40 minutes in the last 6 months, and a 34-year-old Kehl (with such an amazing performance tonight that his body could only take it 45 minutes lol ;(). It was quite sad actually. At least Arsenal provided the laughs:
- Poldi losing his shin guard and getting Özil's one (malicious gossip has it that this was the only thing Mesut was good for today)
- Szczesny
- Wilshere wrestling/punching Ginter and demanding a free kick for Arsenal

But what really killed me, the only noticeable thing Özil has done tonight was getting a yellow card. And he didn't even deserve that one :lol :lol :lol

L1NETT

Just got out

What a fuckin result

Mk dongs were so much shitter than I expected

How the fuck did mancs lose to that pile

We are better than Man U

Ctid

Barzul

I was disappointed by Arsenal, though, they were fucking awful. Ramsey, Wilshere and Arteta got totally bossed by a Bender, who has played like 40 minutes in the last 6 months, and a 35-year-old Kehl (with such an amazing performance tonight that his body could only take it 45 minutes lol ;(). It was quite sad actually. At least Arsenal provided the laughs:
- Poldi losing his shin guard and getting Özil's one (malicious gossip has it that this was the only thing Mesut was good for today)
- Szczesny

But what really killed me, the only noticeable thing Özil has done tonight was getting a yellow card. And he didn't even deserve that one :lol :lol :lol

Enjoy your win. Hopefully we have our shit together in the return fixture.

deroli

I'm more than pleased with our game :))
100% full throttle football right from the start, our team rushed the Arsenal side. At first I was afraid me might miss one of our "creative" players (Hummels, Gündogan, Kagawa, maybe Sahin), because Bender or Kehl are not that likely to initiate great attacks. But our attacking midfield was superb today, especially my man of the match: Aubameyang! That guy was everywhere on the pitch. Großkreutz with the brilliance of a world champion. And we should have scored so many more goals. Miki alone had more chances than all of Arsenal combined.

Clegg

Think it's time to drop Ozil for a bit. Don't think the left wing excuse is valid any more. Just isn't playing well. Reminds me of Kagawa from last season.

Elchele

I was disappointed by Arsenal, though, they were fucking awful. Ramsey, Wilshere and Arteta got totally bossed by a Bender, who has played like 40 minutes in the last 6 months, and a 34-year-old Kehl (with such an amazing performance tonight that his body could only take it 45 minutes lol ;(). It was quite sad actually. At least Arsenal provided the laughs:
- Szczesny

:lol
how was Ginter as DM?

I don't care how many horses we need to impregnate, we need a lifetime's supply of placenta for Sturridge. We're toothless as fuck without him. Losing Suarez is like losing a testicle, Sturridge being out as well is being castrated. Even if Balotelli scores enough, I feel Remy would have been a far more suitable replacement for Studge when necessary.

Ah well. A win's a win's a win. That's the match we couldn't afford to drop points in, and we didn't. Onwards and upwards. Surely one of Coutinho and Lallana will miss out at the weekend.

Not terribly worried about it honestly. Irritating more than anything.

Need to win our home games and 1 away game to go through.

Ehh, City was irritating, this was egregious. A culmination of everything wrong with 2014. The unnecessary high line, the refusal to strengthen, Wenger changing to a shape that makes us even more open, Ramsey (a key ball-winner last season) and Wilshere essentially being told they can both be #10s...at the expense of our best one, etc etc. Just feels like peak-Arsene.

Dortmund had 5 genuinely great players out and completely outclassed us. What's worse is we'll go to Chelsea and play the exact same setup and wonder why we got hammered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom