• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but it's not the fault of everyone here that HBO sucks.
And not everyone has the backround knowledge of these years...
Luckily I do.

Considering it happens off screen it's better for everyone to read up on the events that happened in real life since they're not going to cover it in the show. Which really is too fucking bad.

Wilbur

Banned
Just started Boardwalk Empire tonight. 1st ep was ace. Think I was a bit spoiled by having it directed by Scorsese though. Not sure how the next few eps can live up to that.

First season is a tad slow, but still enjoyable. End game cranks it up.

2, 3 and 4 are utterly sublime television. It's incredibly well made in every single department of its creative make up. Would put it up there with the wire and deadwood, me.

Pennywise

Considering it happens off screen it's better for everyone to read up on the events that happened in real life since they're not going to cover it in the show. Which really is too fucking bad.

Yeah, but you could have given them a hint.
That everyone should read the history of Arnold before they start watching the final season...

Elchele

btw, I watched Hannibal s2 finale last week. meh, maybe it was because I watched the rest of the season like 2 months before but I was expecting something better

anyway. True Detective really ruined tv shows for me

And there's nothing to fill the gap on the horizon, not even Suarez and Sterling in a hot foursome with Yurt and his model girlfriend. The golden age of television is over.

0iOXUDu.gif

Yeah, but you could have given them a hint.
That everyone should read the history of Arnold before they start watching the final season...

I disagree. I think everyone should go in prepared. Some stuff might go over your head otherwise.
Like what happened to Luciano's eye? That kind of stuff.

FootballFan

And there's nothing to fill the gap on the horizon, not even Suarez and Sterling in a hot foursome with Yurt and his model girlfriend. The golden age of television is over.

Breaking bad, Fargo, true detective etc. Were great. Game of thrones is good. But mad men is irreplaceable.

I don't know what to do next.

Wonder what socks he will decide to wear next season after that cliff hanger. /Yurt

I am watching Lost currently. On episode 10, some crazy ass shit, it's pretty good so far. Just Dont get where it's going to go and how it survives for more than a season.

Pennywise

I disagree. I think everyone should go in prepared. Some stuff might go over your head otherwise.
Like what happened to Luciano's eye? That kind of stuff.

Yeah, but not everyone who's in season 1 or 2 should know about it.
Before they start with the final season it should be a given to read the real stories about some characters.

What really pisses me off :
They didn't even give them a short reel to show the war between the factions and quickly explains Arnolds death or Charlies eye...
Instead they're giving Gillian more time, a character that should be finished...or Margaret...fucking hell.

I am watching Lost currently. On episode 10, some crazy ass shit, it's pretty good so far. Just Dont get where it's going to go and how it survives for more than a season.
It starts interesting, but they're building up so much stuff that get's blown off like Madrid this season.
They had a decent foundation...writers were just shit in the end...

Arnie

I've no doubt that it's a excellent show, but that premiere was just sublime. Some absolutely gorgeous shots. The boardwalk looked spectacular.
The montage shots in the premiere gave me a Godfather vibe.

Boardwalk stays gorgeous. Godfather vibe persists. Lots of general gangster badassery.

Lost is crazy and if you care about getting all the mysteries of the island solved in a satisfying way, not for you. But man... I still enjoyed the shit out of it, even when it got downright silly.

Arnie

Hahaha Moreno has tweeted about four times with the same photo. He's absolutely fucking buzzing. What a lad. Love him.

Lost is great.

FootballFan

Unlucky bruv

You're in it 'til the end, and it will leave you annoyed.

What does this mean.

I have seen a video on YouTube with a really reallllly fake looking submarine in Lost. That made me start watching it.

I don't understand where a submarine will come into this unless jack or the old guy build one using plane scraps lol.

Pennywise

What does this mean.

I have seen a video on YouTube with a really reallllly fake looking submarine in Lost. That made me start watching it.

I don't understand where a submarine will come into this unless jack or the old guy build one using plane scraps lol.

Don't worry.
Like Wooden said, there are alot of WTF moments, the explanations are the real WTF moments though.

Yeah, but not everyone who's in season 1 or 2 should know about it.
Before they start with the final season it should be a given to read the real stories about some characters.

What really pisses me off :
They didn't even give them a short reel to show the war between the factions and quickly explains Arnolds death or Charlies eye...
Instead they're giving Gillian more time, a character that should be finished...or Margaret...fucking hell.

Or why they're spending so much time on young Nucky in the final season

What does this mean.

You'll get far enough into it that you convince yourself that it's worth finishing it, and then you'll persevere through entire seasons of shit before coming to the conclusion that you should have given up ages ago.

Koko

Banned
I've no doubt that it's a excellent show, but that premiere was just sublime. Some absolutely gorgeous shots. The boardwalk looked spectacular.

If one thing has been sublime since episode one through all the show is exactly this.

Clegg

The montage shots in the premiere gave me a Godfather vibe.

Boardwalk stays gorgeous. Godfather vibe persists. Lots of general gangster badassery.
Really looking forward to the rest of the season. Even saw Omar from The Wire in it. Michael Pitt put in a brilliant performance in Hannibal. Hope he does the same in BE.

jts

...hate me...
http://giant.gfycat.com/KnobbyWellmadeHornet.gif

[IMG]http://giant.gfycat.com/FeminineWindyBettong.gif[/QUOTE]
Funny how in both goals the ball just kinda bounces off the player's shin and also he almost loses balance, but not quite. It's a controlled chaos. Much like Kloppo himself.

L1NETT

Find a perverse pleasure in going on oppo forums you have just beaten and lapping up all the bitter middle aged men posting absolute shite

fucking love it

Find a perverse pleasure in going on oppo forums you have just beaten and lapping up all the bitter middle aged men posting absolute shite

fucking love it

There was nothing better than doing that after we beat Beitar Jerusalem 5 years back or so. Their supporters had basically been spamming the Copenhagen forum ever since we drew them, talking about how we were going to "DIE IN TEDDY" (Teddy being their stadium name lol). All those tears, all the anger, all the casual racism against our players and supporters. :']

GorillaJu

fucking love it

Nothing perverse about it though I don't know why you'd need to go elsewhere when we have bitter middle aged men posting absolute shite in this very thread, right FF?

^Dat Balotelli celebration. He can't help it. The kop has affected him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom