• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you guys finish ahead of Monaco at least. We're battling with France for that 3rd CL spot so it would be nice if they finished dead last.
Gz11N8H.jpg

If only we weren't shit last year

Btw, in case you're wondering Valbuena has been absolutely brilliant at Dinamo so far this season. Now they're a legitimate title contender. Why? Take him back. Pls.
Don't mention his name to me. :(

Though today I heard he had to have an emergency surgery or something? Poor guy, great player. Could really use him right now but Payet and Thauvin are having great seasons so that softens the blow.

Don't mention his name to me. :(

Though today I heard he had to have an emergency surgery or something? Poor guy, great player. Could really use him right now but Payet and Thauvin are having great seasons so that softens the blow.

I think he had his appendix removed. Should only miss a couple of weeks. No biggie.

sohois

We are undefeated in the league, while are players are still getting to know each other. Sure we have some injuries at the moment, but we have been like this for the past decade and still made the top 4.

The argument that something has never happened, therefore it's unlikely in the future, is one that seems persuasive but is actually quite poor. Everything has to happen for the first time for it to become a 'thing'. In any area where there are sufficient unknown variables, like Football, it would always be only weak evidence of something not occurring in the future.

In any case, my position was referring to the injuries Arsenal suffered, which are piling up in an absurd manner to an already thin squad, rather than results or performances thus far.

Lightning

Banned
The argument that something has never happened, therefore it's unlikely in the future, is one that seems persuasive but is actually quite poor. Everything has to happen for the first time for it to become a 'thing'. In any area where there are sufficient unknown variables, like Football, it would always be only weak evidence of something not occurring in the future.

In any case, my position was referring to the injuries Arsenal suffered, which are piling up in an absurd manner to an already thin squad, rather than results or performances thus far.
Injuries piling up? We only have Debuchy and Giroud long term injured. They are not piling up.

Lightning

Banned
Wilshere did his ankle, or so I read from last night. And Chambers was injured apparently, though probably just a short term thing.
Chambers is fine, his was tonsillitis and Wenger also stated that Wilshere's injury was not serious but refused to give time frame due to Wilshere's history with ankles.

If there was a position we can afford an injury though it's centre midfield. Now Ozil can move infield and one of our many wingers who aren't playing can play and Ozil can play himself into form again.

GorillaJu

They're injuries to key players in positions where Arsenal are extremely thin. It'd be one thing to say injuries are piling up for Man City when Jovetic, Fernando and Demichelis are injured. It means a lot more when you've got like 5 recognized defenders to have your starting RB get injured.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
weird as fuck dreams and I wake up craving milk with a fly buzzing around my head

Am i dead?

Lightning

Banned
They're injuries to key players in positions where Arsenal are extremely thin. It'd be one thing to say injuries are piling up for Man City when Jovetic, Fernando and Demichelis are injured. It means a lot more when you've got like 5 recognized defenders to have your starting RB get injured.
Debuchy's injury is serious and a major blow but so far that's basically it.

Blablurn

I have a bad feeling about todays game :( Jack pls. I don't think we are ready yet with all those injuries. But it's good to see Thiago back.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tevez also explained his rather bizarre celebration.

"My daughter asked me to do that dance in the Udinese game, but I forgot and when I got home she wouldn't talk to me.
"

God :lol

Could he play with Llorente? The general idea is that he's Llion's sub (or vice-versa, heh), but I think they could coexist. While Morata has the physicalliteh to play like Llorente, he's much quicker and tends to move all around the penalty area.
We should see more of him before deciding, but as it stands I could easily see them coexisting! Like I said, DUDE is FAAST, never misses a pass and turns and twists like a ballerina ;_; ;_;

---Llion --- Elbuyback danseur----
-----------Falcoman-----

and Zabo did you find any gifs of our goals? The first one was so pretty

valeo

Injuries piling up? We only have Debuchy and Giroud long term injured. They are not piling up.

Calum Chambers Injury Tonsillitis 2014 September 13th
Nacho Monreal Injury Back Injury 2014 September 13th
Mathieu Debuchy Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 September 13th
Yaya Sanogo Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 September 10th
Aaron Ramsey Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 September 9th
Danny Welbeck Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 September 2nd
Mesut Ozil Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 August 31st
Olivier Giroud Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 August 23rd
Mikel Arteta Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 August 19th
Yaya Sanogo Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 August 16th
Kieran Gibbs Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 August 16th

Could be worse in terms of long term injuries; we've been hit by some annoying little niggle though.

Most of these wouldn't matter so much if we signed some defenders.

Lightning

Banned
I'm pretty optimistic as well - though I didn't see the game against Ludogorets to get disheartened by it.

In any case, I feel no need to worry about top 4 this season since even if United come back, Arsenal look to be collapsing enough that it's not going to matter.
These sort of assessments at this point in the season are incredibly pointless. Almost as pointless as watching other teams results praying for any drop points.

Much like City against Stoke, Liverpool against Villa, at this stage of the season it's anyone's game, Counting injuries now as an advantage is grasping at the disappearing straws, Results and injuries in Feb/Mar are what matter.

Liverpool look incredibly average right now. So do United, Arsenal, City, Everton and Spurs. The only team impressing is Chelsea, everyone else look fragile in different areas.

valeo

Liverpool look incredibly average right now. So do United, Arsenal, City, Everton and Spurs. The only team impressing is Chelsea, everyone else look fragile in different areas.

To be honest this seems to happen most seasons - we'll see where Chelski are in 6 months,

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ciro, not only does he hate us (for good reason) but he's also a self-confessed Napoli fan

yet I'm sill HAPPY for him <3 I hope he scores more for them and makes them forget about Lewy.

Dortmundin+Neven+Subotic+ja+Ciro+Immobile+Mestarien+liigassa+2014+

and GET IN Mario!

balotelli-liv-lud-yay490ai.jpg

but STAY OUT of the NT k? thnx

sorry for Cerci and Prandelli.

Lightning

Banned
Calum Chambers Injury Tonsillitis 2014 September 13th
Nacho Monreal Injury Back Injury 2014 September 13th
Mathieu Debuchy Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 September 13th
Yaya Sanogo Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 September 10th
Aaron Ramsey Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 September 9th
Danny Welbeck Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 September 2nd
Mesut Ozil Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 August 31st
Olivier Giroud Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 August 23rd
Mikel Arteta Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2014 August 19th
Yaya Sanogo Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 August 16th
Kieran Gibbs Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 August 16th

Could be worse in terms of long term injuries; we've been hit by some annoying little niggle though.

Most of these wouldn't matter so much if we signed some defenders.
Ozil's injury cost him no Arsenal games.

Welbeck's injury cost him 0 Arsenal minutes

Kos injury minor.

Ramsey injury still played, missed 0 minutes,

Sanogo's injury is a blessing because he is not up to playing for us at this stage in his career.

I go back to my original point we are only missing Debuchy. Giroud's injury is offset by Welbeck's purchase but it would be better if he could play.

Monreal is fine for this weekend, as is Calum Chambers.

Just rewatched our game and we were better than I first thought. Second half especially was quite comfortable. Garay was once again solid as fuck, Can't believe we got him for only 6 million. Easily a top 10 CB in world. Dat AVB.

windfish

lol my boss just came in fumbling with his phone for 5 minutes, then showed me some videos and selfies in front of the Südtribüne from yesterday. Told him to fuck off.

No seriously HEYA BVB, proud of you guys!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think Morata could come good on the wing too, he has the pace for it. Anyway, we know that Allegri's long-term goal for this season is switching to a 4-3-whatever formation, he has said so himself, so it's only a matter of time.

can't wait to see this! It'll probably put more pressure on our CBs with Evra around though :lol

I liked what he did in the attacking half, some brilliant crosses and layoffs here and there, but fuck me he's almost never there when we need him back. Better teams will fucking KILL us with him around surely

why can't we just turn him into a fully fledged winger? :lol It could work
Juve-bros, t'was a somewhat decent performance tonight, but I remain of the idea that this tactical setup just doesn't work in Europe. It has its merits, obviously, and we've become master interpreters of the 352 over the past three seasons, but it's just not what we need in CL. We need more speed. Unpredictability. Sudden counters & breaks. We now have the players for it. Evra (with all his limits, but still), Coman, Morata, Asamoah as a midfielder, Pereyra and even Pepe. Let's do this, Allegri.
Asamoah's performance made me laugh and cry at the same time. It was just plain sad seeing him playing his heart out to win back his CM position :lol SHOOT, PASS, JUMP, TACKLE . TRACKBACK, SPIT BLOOD, WIPE FACE WITH BLOOD, RUN, DONT STOP NOW, PASS TO TEVEZ. GIVE LLORENTE. COVER FOR EVRA. ASSIST! NO TIME TO CELEBRATE!, COVER FOR EVRA AGAIN, *LOOKS AT ALLEGRI WITH BLOODSHOT PUPPY EYES* etc

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I hope Tevez scoring a freekick signals the end of Bonucci's reign of terror over our set pieces

Stick to getting stupid yellows please

GorillaJu

Look into your heart, you know where they'll be.

Chelsea started off with a bang in 10/11 too, regularly winning by 5, 6 or 7 goals. Liverpool were a Hodgson team and playing like baked poop kebab. We ended the season with a different manager and in 8th place, but we played them in the fall and beat them 0-2 away with a Torres brace. They started slipping like crazy after that and Man Utd won the title.

What a fucking shit season that was. 11/12 was even worse though, because at least we bought Suarez in 10/11 and ended the season on a strong of good results, like beating Man Utd 3-1 and City 0-2 after beastly Suarez/Kuyt and Suarez/Carroll performances.

But you are acting like Liverpoil are some automatic top 4 team now and that Arsenal are no concern for you. We have two first team starters out and everyone else just seems to be slight knocks. The only real time we will have to panic is when Mert or Kosc get injured for a long spell. I wouldn't go around thinking Liverpool are gonna get a top four place, because right now last season is looking like a fluke.

I hope Tevez scoring a freekick signals the end of Bonucci's reign of terror over our set pieces

Stick to getting stupid yellows please

Yurt, how did Juve play? I had the misfortune of only being able to see Arsenal play. I had been hoping Juve would we it by 3 or 4 goals so when I saw the scoreline I was a bit worried.

LTWheels

I wouldn't call last season a fluke considering how long our run was and that we have been playing decently since the Jan we purchased Sturridge and Coutinho.

We started slow last season as well, grinding out nervy 1-0s until close to Christmas. We didn't see a performance like two weeks ago against Spurs until the Spurs game when AVB got sacked. In that sense that kind of performance has come earlier this season.

Ludo are a better team than people realise. They got to last 16 of Europa last season beating Lazio and PSV.

Our biggest problem is that Ballo seems to function better in a two rather than a lone striker. Sturridge and Allen's injuries have caused us some problems, especially as it means that the majority of our attacking like are brand new players who have never played wih each other or are unfit (Lallana, Markovic, Ballo). It's like we don't know how to play 4-3-3 anymore. Also Coutinho being shit hasn't helped.

rodvik

Just watched the Dortmund game on DVR. Wow, they were excellent. I love that pressing machine. That first goal? Wow.

I do hope Wilshere's injury is not serious though. Not my favourite player but he has been so unlucky with injuries I hope he is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom