• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Nothing perverse about it though I don't know why you'd need to go elsewhere when we have bitter middle aged men posting absolute shite in this very thread, right FF?

^Dat Balotelli celebration. He can't help it. The kop has affected him.

Yeah but we ain't got any bitter lower league fans whose bile I can bathe in

But yeah we do have some premface related complete fucking bilge in here :p

jts

...hate me...
Looks like he has gained weight and aged 8 years. Can't wait.
Actually...

reg_1024.alexcross3.mh.062812.jpg

Benfica getting shamed out of the CL and making runs in Europa is the backbone of your coefficient, and they're right on that path this year as well.

Yet they still believe they could win the Champions. Man, can´t wait for tomorrow. Sporting in a Champions League. It´s been so long since we got raped by Bayern, the pain has gone away.

Suen

fuck madrid

football is alive. fucking madrid marcelo hahahaha

real madrid scum hahahahaha

real madrid dna is poisening spains system

madrid scum. OUT pls

i think the spanish coach called up many people from the wrong team. the commentator mentioned real madrid. are they any good? their players definitely dont show any skills

every real madrid player

cheating madrid scum

80m for james rodriguez is stupid. madrid is a team full of muppets.

There is a reasony why players like Lewandowski and Götze (and soon Reus) rather go to Bayern than for example shit like Real Madrid.

HAHAHA MADRID YOU CUNTS HAHAHAHAAHA

Xavi.jpg

madrid is pretty shit

madrid is such an artificial team haha. ridiculous. glad xabi came to su. kroos fits so good in that puny squad

Yoah.

I cant believe it either. Pathetic club. But what can you do? Money talks.

Real Madrid is a scummy team. What do you expect? :(

I hope Real Madrid loses this weekend

Basel deserved a goal there. Lol Madrid. Cunt team.

Yep. It's shameful club imo.

lol. i love how pulga has the need to always include something madrid related to his posts

Bla pls. Do you even follow Bundeslol? Are you sure you aren't actually following La Liga?

Meier

Boardwalk Empire is an interesting show. I don't love it as much as many of you guys..season 3 was a bit of a slog IMO and I stopped somewhere during it for a very long time. For me, it's the kind of show that I want to love but don't. Don't think I've seen any of season 4 just yet although I did enjoy the later episodes of 3 more than the earlier ones.

Walshy

On tonights game, there was a lot of positives and negatives to take away from it.

Understandably, with it being the club's first game in the Champions League in five years, there would be nerves around the ground and with the players, the pressure was all on Liverpool to perform.

Brendan went to a 4-3-3 opposed to the 4-3-2-1 which we seen against Villa. Whilst it typically worked last season with Suarez and Sturridge typically making runs into channels, the movement with Mario up on his own was static. He looked to have the ball being played into feet and often had late runs into the box, this restricted the amount of space for Lallana and Sterling to run into. He's going to have to adapt them runs to his game, and you noticed that Sterling got on the ball more once Borini came on and dragged defenders out of position. I would seriously consider starting Borini and Balotelli up front against West Ham. Overall though, his finish was tidy for his goal.

Lovren still had lapses in concentration. Ludogorets should of had a penalty in the first half, if he does that in the EPL it's a penalty. Sakho looked assured, but still worries me whenever he is on the ball. Moreno and Manquillo were once again excellent.

Gerrard turned off for me with the equaliser, and Mignolet again had a shocker. Valdes couldn't come in sooner, Mignolet should not be that far off his line. Coutinho again was off form, hope he gets his pre-season form back soon.

Overall, it was a shaky performance however that was always expected after such an absence in the UCL.

Tldr: Mario's movement is shit, Borini coming on changed the game, Migs nearly cost us another victory.

Zabojnik

Have you ever played Super Hexagon? Now that is a repetitive but awesome soundtrack, it makes you crazy.

Isn't that a phone game and therefore not a game?

I'm taking recommendations for the next game I should play at work. Need something that isn't 3D (or barely), since shit PC.

jts

...hate me...
There's thick and then there's obese m8
AKA thicker, which is the best kind of thick.

Just kidding m9, but I do appreciate just a little bit of thickness. Or, it doesn't turn me off. Or, it turns me on. I can appreciate either way though.

http://i.minus.com/iRU8iZOlackuh.gif[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i7ZVsmaqSZCgu.gif[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibWygQDJPUyDB.gif[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iqazfb3EBSaSK.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Mah ninja.
[SPOILER]just learned this one on GAF[/SPOILER]

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
I think Dortmund are legit CL contenders this year. They managed to outclass Arsenal with arguably 6 of their absolute top players missing. Reus, Gundogan, Sahin, Blaszykowski, Hummels, Piszczek. Bender still rusty after that injury and Kagawa didnt even make an appearance. Their midfield is so stacked that im unsure how they are going keep everyone happy.

Reus, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang and Blaszykowski are all basically attacking midfielders to different degrees, with Gundogan, Sahin, Bender, Jojic, Kehl, Kirch and Großkreutz taking more defensive roles. Its a luxury problem for sure with all those possible combos, but i cant imagine that Dortmund will hold on to all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom