• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Was going into the Kitchen to grab a drink. Put the light on and as I use my foot to turn the slippers/flip-flops, a massive fucking spider (seriously massive), decides to run towards my foot. NOPE!
It was like a Dark Souls boss. I waited till it left me an opening and as soon as it stopped, I squashed it with the slipper.... now I feel bad :(

Edit: ^ loool

Zabojnik

It's like 2 hours at most, I would recommend it, one of my favorite little games for a long time... and if nothing else, it got great music too!

Perfect lenght for a at work game, then. Will play.

I wonder if Psychonauts would run on this machine. i3 + integrated graphics card. Probably not.

Lightning

Banned
I think Dortmund are legit CL contenders this year. They managed to outclass Arsenal with arguably 6 of their absolute top players missing. Reus, Gundogan, Sahin, Blaszykowski, Hummels, Piszczek. Bender still rusty after that injury and Kagawa didnt even make an appearance. Their midfield is so stacked that im unsure how they are going keep everyone happy.

Reus, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang and Blaszykowski are all basically attacking midfielders to different degrees, with Gundogan, Sahin, Bender, Jojic, Kehl, Kirch and Großkreutz taking more defensive roles. Its a luxury problem for sure with all those possible combos, but i cant imagine that Dortmund will hold on to all of them.
Dortmund are not title contenders. They done well but we're totally untested by an.Arsenal team that got their tactics, setup and everything wrong on the day. Dortmund beiny good was compounded by how bad Arsenal were.

CL contenders - Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and maybe Atletico

CL hopefuls - Dortmund, PSG, City.

Everyone else gets a thanks for coming.

cashman

Banned
Just now watching the highlights of the Liverpool game. I guess they still look like crap without Sturridge but hey a win's a win.

K1LLER7

I'm too busy watching Falcao play with a Samurai on United's FB page to focus on anything else.
I saw this earlier.

Rojo is my favourite Gaalactico.

Saw that the other day. He seems so genuinely happy. Wonder which club he turned down. :p

I'm happy to try again if you want. I could do with a better Auto Rifle, but all my weapon drops have been shit lately. :/
So happy that we signed him. Don't think he'll start next week but gradually give him game time until he's fully adapted to the new team, league, culture, everything. Will be a tough choice for LVG on who to drop. At the moment I'd drop RVP.

Also like how he wants to take interviews in English. Similarily to Herrera.

I picked some decent armour and weapons up today. The golden chests didnt give anything good though. I've got the Def' stat up to 600+ And finally got some decent "light" armour too.

10684185_681066855294406_748731747_n.jpg

#m8s

Meier

Btw, if anyone wants to see the absolutely insane decision by the Ludogorets defender to interfere with the ball that was clearly going uninterrupted to the keeper, here's one I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqWSwxj5bQ#t=140. The video is shit quality and they've flipped it or something but you get the gist. Liverpool were essentially just clearing it and accepting they were only getting a point.

Randdalf

I just watched GiantBomb's NHL15 Quick Look. I have no idea how ice hockey works (on the face of it, it seems overly complex) other than you have to score goals etc. but I noticed that the tie breaker for drawn games in ice hockey is to have the teams, with a reduced number of players, play a golden goal style situation. I wonder how that would work out in football, playing extra time with 9v9 instead of 11v11, for example.

Zabojnik

Btw, if anyone wants to see the absolutely insane decision by the Ludogorets defender to interfere with the ball that was clearly going uninterrupted to the keeper, here's one I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqWSwxj5bQ#t=140. The video is shit quality and they've flipped it or something but you get the gist. Liverpool were essentially just clearing it and accepting they were only getting a point.

In my enlightened opinion, the keeper made the far bigger mistake.

King_Moc

Banned
Keeper was completely taken off guard by the decision. He fucked up too, but he would have just collected the ball without even a hint of difficulty otherwise.

The defender sees Manquillo running towards it, doesn't realise the keeper is on the edge of the area and tries to pass it back to the keeper to be safe. The keeper then doesn't have time to react to control it.

Fry

Our squad is better than last season's but we're still not a better team than we previously were.

I don't know if we'll have that form back, but I'm sure we'll get better with time. The question is, how good.

We need Django back asap. :/

tri_willy

still recovering from the flu so i didnt get to watch the game... fucking aye, would have died from a heart attack then revived if i had watched the game. glad to get away with the 3 points, judging from the posts, borini should get more game time???

given how poor cou has been lately, is it best to play him in the left wing???

GorillaJu

I must be the only Liverpool fan crazy enough to be optimistic because what I've seen so far doesn't worry me. We start every Rodgers season off rocky and improve as it goes on, usually hitting our stride in late fall. The fact that we've taken 3 points off Southampton at home (a fixture we lost last year) and thrashed Spurs away doesn't leave me doubting our potential. Villa at home was awful but it was awful last year too and we barely scraped by with a point then.

The Ludogorets of the world aren't push-overs for a young squad lacking in Champions League experience. Real Madrid will be the most straight forward game for us because Ancelotti teams always give generous breathing space for us to work—it won't be a "break down the brick wall" challenge. I expect to finish above Basel and Ludogorets, maybe even on points with Madrid depending on our away performance in Bulgaria. Maybe "expect" is too strong. I'm confident.

It's going to be a harder battle than last year, especially if United are actually back in the fight (how can they not be after spending almost 200m?), but I think we'll eke it out and land in fourth, above either United or Arsenal.

ATF487

Was anything made of Markovic not getting into the squad tonight? Surprised he wasn't on the bench.

Just caught the highlights, thought Balotelli looked good.

Fry

Was anything made of Markovic not getting into the squad tonight? Surprised he wasn't on the bench.

Just caught the highlights, thought Balotelli looked good.

Markovic is suspended for one more game.

He did some shit in the EL with Vucnic apparently.

sohois

I'm pretty optimistic as well - though I didn't see the game against Ludogorets to get disheartened by it.

In any case, I feel no need to worry about top 4 this season since even if United come back, Arsenal look to be collapsing enough that it's not going to matter.

I'm pretty optimistic as well - though I didn't see the game against Ludogorets to get disheartened by it.

In any case, I feel no need to worry about top 4 this season since even if United come back, Arsenal look to be collapsing enough that it's not going to matter.

We are undefeated in the league, while are players are still getting to know each other. Sure we have some injuries at the moment, but we have been like this for the past decade and still made the top 4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im still alive by the way. sad, sure, but them's the breaks I guess. Horrible first 15 minutes, and then with 10 losing 2-0 there wasnt much we could do. Was actually surprised how much heart we showed tho, especially in the second half.

Zenit will easily win the group with their squad, guess we have to battle for second place, but most likely will get third as usual and drop to europa league (and then go to the final again lol)

Also, that Markovic ban carried over? is that his thing with the jventus dude that kept him from being in the Europa League final last year, or is something recent?

Because he actually didnt do anything to get banned, the juventus guy even said so, the altercation was with another Benfica player, and the ref gave Markovic a red in the bench. We tried to get it lifted so he could play the final last year and couldnt, I didnt even know it was multiple games.

Unless, like I said, it was something recent?

I just watched GiantBomb's NHL15 Quick Look. I have no idea how ice hockey works (on the face of it, it seems overly complex) other than you have to score goals etc. but I noticed that the tie breaker for drawn games in ice hockey is to have the teams, with a reduced number of players, play a golden goal style situation. I wonder how that would work out in football, playing extra time with 9v9 instead of 11v11, for example.

The big wrinkle with the 4v4 is that speed becomes A LOT more important because two less players on the ice opens up tons of space on the ice. I don't know if it would have the same effect on the soccer pitch.

im still alive by the way. sad, sure, but them's the breaks I guess. Horrible first 15 minutes, and then with 10 losing 2-0 there wasnt much we could do. Was actually surprised how much heart we showed tho, especially in the second half.

Zenit will easily win the group with their squad, guess we have to battle for second place, but most likely will get third as usual and drop to europa league (and then go to the final again lol)

Yeah your boys fought hard to the end and it looked like your fans showed their appreciation at the end there. Class act.

Hope you guys finish ahead of Monaco at least. We're battling with France for that 3rd CL spot so it would be nice if they finished dead last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom