• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Chelsea Refs for tonight lost their passports and haven't traveled so have had to be replaced
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

HAHA idiots

Labadal

I don't think we will finish in the top 4 so you guys can stop your petty squabbles.

Liverpool are a better team than Arsenal though. Arsenal's problems are always the same. They're just weak.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd (maybe Tottenham) will fight for 3rd and 4th. United will do better as the season progresses.

City and Chelsea will be fighting for the top spot, Chelsea will take it this year.

TeddyBoy

On the subject of Balotelli I thought he was great last night. I saw a huge improvement in him from Saturday and if he keeps that up I'll be ecstatic. Ran for the team, pressed intelligently, was strong and took his chance.

On the tube so excuse any spelling errors.

I liked Balotelli yesterday but he needs to stop dropping back and stay up top as much as possible. It's Lallana's and Sterling's job to bring the ball from midfield to the forward positions and we need Balotelli as high up the pitch as possible to drag defenders out of position.

Balotelli is weird.

He's selfish, so you'd think he'd look happier as the lone striker, where he is the player everyone looks to in attack, but he's too easily surrounded and negated.

Put him in a two, and he gets less of the ball maybe, but far more space, and more of the ball in good positions. Think him and Sturridge can develop a real good partnership. For that thouh, we need the diamond, and with that, we get bummed on the break against technically good teams.

It's Balotelli's movement, Sturridge has great movement and Balotelli needs to learn that from Sturridge if he wants to adapt to the team fully.

If we play the diamond we could play a midfield three of

Lallana-Allen-Henderson

Would be able to cover most of the pitch well and I'm sure they'd put in a better performance than Gerrard yesterday.

Coutinho giving the ball away with 60% of his attempted sharp passes isn't helping though. No idea what's going on with him, these are real basics he's screwing up, passing on the floor to teammates when there's an opposition player stood bang inbetween them

Coutinho has been a mixed bag since after his first season, don't really know why.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone know what time the FUT store is up today?

panty

Just saw Liverpool's penalty, HAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA

That was not a penalty, poor Lugo.

WJD

All too early to say imo.

However, if we get a plucky away win against Leicester this Sunday I think we could probably win the World Cup.

In all seriousness Leicester will probably be a decent test for this new 11 we've got.

They'll run all day and kick the fuck out of us, while also being quick and efficient on the break.

Jack cw

Yes, another chance to squander. Gotta say, I am through with him. He's never gonna make it at Bayern. Wrong decision after wrong decision. (As always with such statements, I'd be very happy to be proven wrong tonight).
He is incredibly talented and has everything you could ask for but he is the most egoistic footballer I've ever seen. There were times he delivered great assists but right now its only going to finish alone and constantly ignoring the better positioned teammate. Waste of talent tbh. I still have hope for him. This is his chance and if Ribery has the same injury that Schweinsteiger has, he will be the only true option on that position and could really help us there if he ends that stupid ego trip.
8 hours and 15 minutes.

woo. woo.

tumblr_n3ds9fFwFR1s8hxm5o1_250.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
From Quiche

Our boy Di Maria is in TOTW for fia 15 :D

BxuoO3dIAAEUUU7.png:large

Only 87 though, he was inform last week and 89 :|

Pennywise

I expected a lil more from Arsenal. After all they are coming from the best league of the world.

We'll see about that tonight and this CL season.

City fucked up every year now, same goes for Arsenal.
Chelsea only played the shitty german teams, allthough I'm interested how they will do with a proper striker now.
So much about the best league :moonface

Salazar

In all seriousness Leicester will probably be a decent test for this new 11 we've got.

They'll run all day and kick the fuck out of us, while also being quick and efficient on the break.

Excited about watching us, though.

The more so if we move Rojo in and give Shaw a start. Attacking aggressively down both sides is lovely - it did my head in when we just pounded away at one wing under Moyes. Under SAF, too.

We'll see about that tonight and this CL season.

City fucked up every year now, same goes for Arsenal.
Chelsea only played the shitty german teams, allthough I'm interested how they will do with a proper striker now.
So much about the best league :moonface

It feels like Arsenal always get knocked out by the best team in the competition. Except for the year of PSV and the Milan 4-3

Blablurn

Neuer on "Sweeper-Keeper": "‘It is something that comes naturally. Everybody knows I like it and I can somehow deliver that style."

Neuer: "I have always been interested in finding new ways to play & have looked at handball keepers & ice hockey goal-minders. It helps me."

WJD

Excited about watching us, though.

The more so if we move Rojo in and give Shaw a start. Attacking aggressively down both sides is lovely - it did my head in when we just pounded away at one wing under Moyes. Under SAF, too.

Deffo.

Was lovely seeing Rafael attack with some actual ambition and bravery down the right hand side against QPR. Was hoping Valencia would be sat there taking notes but instead he comes on, falls over himself and puts a general dampener on the whole performance.

I just saw that Aubameyang got worse in Fifa 15 compared to 14.

Sure, he was having his problems last season. But he still scored 16 goals for us, 5 less than for St Etienne, and that was in a better league + CL.

Fuck Fifa

Jack cw

Neuer on "Sweeper-Keeper": "‘It is something that comes naturally. Everybody knows I like it and I can somehow deliver that style."

Neuer: "I have always been interested in finding new ways to play & have looked at handball keepers & ice hockey goal-minders. It helps me."

GOAT keeper. I've seen many, but no one was only close to Neuer.
Robben appears to be in the starting lineup and if Shaq lifts his head we might win this pretty easy.

Pennywise

I just saw that Aubameyang got worse in Fifa 15 compared to 14.

Sure, he was having his problems last season. But he still scored 16 goals for us, 5 less than for St Etienne, and that was in a better league + CL.

Fuck Fifa

He is still pretty good.
Was better than Kuba last Fifa even though Kuba had better stats overall.
Fucking EA should adjust some stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom