• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll dance with you <3

-I-wanted-to-dance-with-you-today-damon-and-elena-33836677-245-177.gif

Whos da chick

Großkreutz is such an underrated player, it's crazy. His passing was beautiful yesterday, that assists for Auba was amazing. He also got 4 assists in the last 3 matches and people say he sucks in attack. And then, he can fix every hole a squad could have.

We need a keeper, no problem.
We need a LB, no problem.
We need a CM against Man City, no problem.
We need a RB, no problem. Becomes (one of) the best fullbacks in the Bundesliga.

Truly deserved winner of the Golden Umberto.

Mastadon

Banned
I think we will beat Leicester quite easily.

3-1.

I think you'll win, but it won't be easy. Leicester are really well organised and hard to break down. Could easily see you becoming frustrated and panicky if you haven't scored by half time. They can nick goals too, loads of pace up front.

Pennywise

Großkreutz is such an underrated player, it's crazy. His passing was beautiful yesterday, that assists for Auba was amazing. He also got 4 assists in the last 3 matches and people say he sucks in attack. And then, he can fix every hole a squad could have.

We need a keeper, no problem.
We need a LB, no problem.
We need a CM against Man City, no problem.
We need a RB, no problem. Becomes (one of) the best fullbacks in the Bundesliga.

Truly deserved winner of the Golden Umberto.

Everything worked out well yesterday.
Großkreutz had a magnificant day.

Durm as RB was working perfectly and is truly an option for the future.
Ginter as CM was good as well, and it was just a perfect signing.

FootballFan

I think you'll win, but it won't be easy. Leicester are really well organised and hard to break down. Could easily see you becoming frustrated and panicky if you haven't scored by half time. They can nick goals too, loads of pace up front.

Chris wood mate. That lad is strong.

Jack cw

He was shite in 14, wasn't he?

But here comes the twist, I don't care, the last Fifa I bought was 12. And that was only because there was a beautiful man on the cover (and my m8 Poldi).
He is still shit in FIFA but anyway, I only had the non german version of that game and it had Tevez, Rooney and Ribery on it.
They play with Madrid because they are terrible at the game. Same as people who play with Bayern.
Oh you.
tumblr_n5dnd6NCHo1ro94ojo1_250.gif

LTWheels

Rewatching Ballo's goal, Borini's movement created. The two defenders around Ballo, start to move away to mark Borini, then stop and realise, and try to get tighter to Ballo again.

It created him the space he needed to get the ball under control then shoot.

Rewatching Ballo's goal, Borini's movement created. The two defenders around Ballo, start to move away to mark Borini, then stop and realise, and try to get tighter to Ballo again.

It created him the space he needed to get the ball under control then shoot.
You mean you weren't watching Borini's movement all along?

GorillaJu

If I ever played soccer I'd definitely be the type to just open space by creative movement, hopefully with the defenders never realizing I do nothing with the ball.

It's a key stat. Control is another.
'Strength' was in the last FIFA, but don't see it being as important in 15.

Strength didn't seem to matter too much when I played the AI, but playing another human bean the other day, I had a lot of fun out muscling and pulling his Barca midgets around with Matic.

So PES looks really really bad.

Like a high res PC port of a PS3 game bad.

Gameplay is arcade-ish though. Less 'realistic' like FIFA and reminds me of old PES games back on the PS1 and PS2.

Jack cw

Bayerns starting line up after the closing training:
Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Alonso, Rode - Götze, Müller, Robben - Lewandowski
Looks like a 4-3-3...

Gameplay is arcade-ish though. Less 'realistic' like FIFA and reminds me of old PES games back on the PS1 and PS2.

Amazing, so its going back to its glorious days. Yes.

Nicktendo86

Is this United bro arrogance I'm seeing?

It's been so long :')

In all honesty I think top 4 is there for the taking. We will won't have a smooth ride, I'm expecting more dodgy performances and losing a few games, but the team will gel more and more and we will see gradual improvement. I cannot say who we would replace, Liverpool have shown some promise but I don't know how things will pan out for them and Arsenal have looked kinda all over the place.

It will be a fun season no matter what anyway!

Lichtsteiner.
ngDCi9a.png

oggdxl.gif

Juved.
ngDCi9a.png
ngDCi9a.png
ngDCi9a.png

I wouldn't put it past Lichsteiner to do something like that. That's why fans love him when he plays for you and hates him when he plays against you.

And "Juved" made me want to look up the ur-Juved. It was such a brilliant moment. All the Juve hate from the Milanistas, the quick reactions from everyone else. The gif of the Muntari goal Buffon save. And then Sunhi's gif of Vidal getting tackled? Perfect, classic footygaf moment: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35468127#post35468127

Also, fuck this guy in the MLB thread (from my searches): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125726465&postcount=1420

windfish

Bayerns starting line up after the closing training:
Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Alonso, Rode - Götze, Müller, Robben - Lewandowski
Looks like a 4-3-3...

Looks okay to me, our best signing this year playing next to Xabi gives me confidence that any fuck up from Dante will be compensated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom