• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to get that Halo collection, considering I've never played any of them before, but I can't really justify spending another £350 on 1 game :lol

Randdalf

Only Halo I've played is Halo 3 and suffice to say I just don't get it. Just felt boring and generic? Not sure. Mind you, it was just off the back of finishing Half-Life 2 which I found absolutely amazing so that might have skewed my perspective a bit.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
New PC ordered

I

Hate

Spending

Money :(

Credit to Kharma45 who helped me build it, he is a great guy and has been invaluable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_nbi3qx2pl11r30r4xo2_500.gif

tumblr_nbi3qx2pl11r30r4xo6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nbi3qx2pl11r30r4xo5_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nbi3qx2pl11r30r4xo4_500.gif

tumblr_nbi3qx2pl11r30r4xo7_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nbi3qx2pl11r30r4xo1_500.gif

tumblr_nbi3qx2pl11r30r4xo3_500.gif

Because the best GTA game is.........Red Dead Redemption. How about that for a statement.
I've only played..like...the first 10% of RDR, and I agree :lol
L1NETT just wants you to like him. Dat Shamalan twist!

Just keep liking the same games as me m8.
#GoodTasteClub
but I'm in the #TLoUisA7/10Game-Club!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Boo hoo :p. You'll miss the demo on the 9th.

If everyone hates it i might break down and cry, i will be pestering you all for your opinions.

Imagine if people dont want to play clubs?

I genuinely dont want to live in that world :(

If everyone hates it i might break down and cry, i will be pestering you all for your opinions.

The demo won't make my mind up anyway. I mostly play clubs so the demo doesn't tell me much. Can't wait to play it still.

Mr Cola

The demo won't make my mind up anyway. I mostly play clubs so the demo doesn't tell me much. Can't wait to play it still.

Only worry I have is that it looks too fast, everything else looks fine. Well maybe too many cutscenes.

kharma45

Looking to replace my iPhone. What's the best affordable Android phone at the moment? I was looking at the Nexus 5.

OnePlus One seems good and cheap, but I'm not sure how easy it is to get one of the invites.

Anyone here recommend either of those?

Bit late but I'm happy enough with my OPO and what it does for the price. Nexus 5 isn't worth buying now, too old and rumours of a new one coming.

I know a few of you listen to Hardcore History, so I could do with some help

He sells a compilation of the first 33 episodes for $50 (only episodes 40-53 are free) but there's no mention of how it's delivered. Does it just give you an account from which you can download the seperate mp3 files?

Part 4 of the WW1 series is up btw, in case anyone else was unaware

kharma45

New PC ordered

I

Hate

Spending

Money :(

Credit to Kharma45 who helped me build it, he is a great guy and has been invaluable.

Now worries, glad I could help out. What did you actually go for in the end?

Thank god you didn't go the PS4 route!

Agreed. Maybe in 2015.

No :(

PC Cost me £75 because I sold my old one (Costs £630 normally)

I still hate the fact that I spent £75

What was the old PC?

I might make a return for clubs. For a while anyway. That's providing I don't get sent away with work.

Mr Cola

Now worries, glad I could help out. What did you actually go for in the end?

Agreed. Maybe in 2015.

What was the old PC?

I might make a return for clubs. For a while anyway. That's providing I don't get sent away with work.

I went for the latest build

Cooler Master Silencio 352 Matte Computer Case
SAPPHIRE AMD R7 265 Graphics Card (2GB, DDR5)
Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Low Profile 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Blue
GIGABYTE Z97M-D3H Intel LGA1150 Z97 Micro-ATX Motherboard (4x DDR3, 4x USB3.0, 10x USB2.0, GBE, LAN, HDMI, DVI-I, DSUB)
EVGA 500B 500W 80+ BRONZE PC Power Supply
Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB
WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive

Also a nice keyboard and win8

Mr Cola

I only do career mode on FIFA.

Might do clubs, though. Not a fan of FUT.

Clubs with mumble is hilarious, we have clips on youtube, its just pure fun (except when it rains)

Career mode I love, took Bristol Rovers from League 2 to the Premier league

Only issue with that is by the time I could afford the great players they were retiring, a little anti climactic :(

FUT Is great once you get in the swing of it.

I just love fifa, 1200 hours this year

Clubs with mumble is hilarious, we have clips on youtube, its just pure fun (except when it rains)

Career mode I love, took Bristol Rovers from League 2 to the Premier league

Only issue with that is by the time I could afford the great players they were retiring, a little anti climactic :(

FUT Is great once you get in the swing of it.

I just love fifa, 1200 hours this year

I got 940 last year on PC. Only 450 this year but probably played more if you add my PS4 and Xbone time.

Windows 8 is fine when you get used to it. Barely ever use the start screen though

90% of the time I forget it's even there. And almost every other time I've just accidentally pressed the start key on my keyboard. Spent a good 20 mins organising it and everything, but I just don't have a use for it.

Mr Cola

I got 940 last year on PC. Only 450 this year but probably played more if you add my PS4 and Xbone time.

Better fucking switch those numbers next year :(

We went through a few rought patches with people leaving for that next gen shine.

kharma45

I went for the latest build

Cooler Master Silencio 352 Matte Computer Case
SAPPHIRE AMD R7 265 Graphics Card (2GB, DDR5)
Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Low Profile 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Blue
GIGABYTE Z97M-D3H Intel LGA1150 Z97 Micro-ATX Motherboard (4x DDR3, 4x USB3.0, 10x USB2.0, GBE, LAN, HDMI, DVI-I, DSUB)
EVGA 500B 500W 80+ BRONZE PC Power Supply
Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB
WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive

Also a nice keyboard and win8

That'll be a nice little build. You'll be able to bolt on a better CPU cooler down the line to overclock it and get another ~25% out of the CPU.

Tc91

Wait what:

UEFA president Michel Platini has warned Franck Ribery he could face suspension if the winger does not answer an international call-up for France.

Ribery, 31, announced his retirement from international football after injury ruled him out of this summer's World Cup in Brazil. However, according to FIFA rules, a player cannot refuse a summons to national duty if there is no physical problem impeding them from doing so.

"If Deschamps calls him up, then he has to come to the national team,'' Platini told Bild am Sonntag. "That's written in the FIFA statutes. If he doesn't report for duty, then he would be banned for three matches for Bayern Munich.

"It is not the player's decision whether he represents his country, it's the decision of the coach. Ribery cannot simply decide for himself whether he wants to play for France or not.''

Also:

10. Eden Hazard - Chelsea FC (England) 88

9. Franck Ribéry - Bayern Munich (Germany) 88

8. Bastian Schweinsteiger - Bayern Munich (Germany) 88

7. Luis Suárez - FC Barcelona (Spain) 89

6. Andrés Iniesta - FC Barcelona (Spain) 89

5. Manuel Neuer - Bayern Munich (Germany) 90

4. Zlatan Ibrahimović - Paris Saint-Germain (France) 90

3. Arjen Robben - Bayern Munich (Germany) 90

2. Cristiano Ronaldo - Real Madrid (Spain) 92

1. Lionei Messi - FC Barcelona (Spain) 93

Salvadora

He sells a compilation of the first 33 episodes for $50 (only episodes 40-53 are free) but there's no mention of how it's delivered. Does it just give you an account from which you can download the seperate mp3 files?

£30 for those episodes is a bargain.

Have you listened to Punic Nightmares or Ghosts of the Ostfront? Best he's done that I've listened to so far.

Fintan

I'm not sure to be honest. I've never actually bought any. I've been listening for long enough that I've got nearly all of them. And a friend of mine gave me the rest.

Supposedly the website redesign is going live soon, so maybe it'll be clearer then. When I've bought podcasts from other sites, I was sent an e-mail with a link to download the episodes.

I think iTunes is a little more expensive, but that might be a better option.

£30 for those episodes is a bargain.

Have you listened to Punic Nightmares or Ghosts of the Ostfront? Best he's done that I've listened to so far.

Nah, they're the two (along with the Churchill one) that immediately jumped out at me to listen to them

Not too interested in the interview ones, but I'll give them a shot when I get them

@Fintan, hasn't the site redesign been imminent for over a year now? Think he mentioned it in like episode 42

Could only find the ones that are already free on Itunes as well, maybe it's a pricing problem since it's all in dollars or something

Elchele

Schweinsteiger in the Top 10, ahead of Ribery? Not sure if that's right, but I'll take it.

Well deserved. Ribéry was shit last season, and Schweinsteiger is among the best 3 central midfielders in the world. Only Vidal and Yaya are as complete as him, and I think Bastian is better than Yaya in many aspects.

Fintan

Nah, they're the two (along with the Churchill one) that immediately jumped out at me to listen to them

Not too interested in the interview ones, but I'll give them a shot when I get them

@Fintan, hasn't the site redesign been imminent for over a year now? Think he mentioned it in like episode 42

Could only find the ones that are already free on Itunes as well, maybe it's a pricing problem since it's all in dollars or something
I think on iTunes you have to look under Audiobooks or something like that.

Yeah, he mentions the website redesign a few times, but I think he's had to start over at least 3 times. I'm just going by twitter where he said it was almost ready.

EmiPrime

I just logged into my account on his site (I ordered from him a while ago) and it looks like the links can expire.

Item Name File Size Filename Link Expires Remaining
dchha01 Alexander versus Hitler 11.54 MB dchha01_Alexander_versus_Hitler.mp3 Unlimited --- *** --- Download Now
EXTRA Logical Insanity 56.65 MB dchha42_5_EXTRA_Logical_Insanity.mp3 01/20/2013 9

I can't re-download Logical Insanity extra. I have it backed up to my Google Drive so I am not that bothered but that's kind of crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom