• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
England
Scotland
Wales
Northern Ireland
Ireland

Shocking group of teams. We should have to play a group between us to decide who gets to play in the qualifiers, waste of time letting us all in there

Haha that's the one.

He's injured in my FM game. Need him back ASAP. Just lost two on the bounce.

He's on a that weird two year loan. You need to do a Bayern and get Goretzka from Schalke when you lose him. Weaken your rivals so you can get that third place.

Yen

England
Scotland
Wales
Northern Ireland
Ireland

Shocking group of teams. We should have to play a group between us to decide who gets to play in the qualifiers, waste of time letting us all in there
I wish international qualifiers only had teams playing each other once. Get it over and done with quickly and get back to club football.

Vieirinha, Eder and André Gomes starting for Portugal...What a fucking depressing line up.
Can´t to see André Gomes bossing that midfield for Portugal and showing off all his amazing qualities .

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
I've been whingeing for an hour, annoying my family, about getting McGeady to play through the middle like a budget Sterling, their defence was struggling when being run at, while mopping up every long and crossed ball easily.

Fair play to the lad for coming up with the goals. That was a game we needed to win.

Martin O'Neill football is still as shitty as ever.

Tc91

Just had lamb chops. Love them rare, another piece of food I can't let my mum cook cause she'll overcook it to shit.

When is Argentina's next game? Need more Maria.

Arnie

He's on a that weird two year loan. You need to do a Bayern and get Goretzka from Schalke when you lose him. Weaken your rivals so you can get that third place.
Fuck.

I'll go ham for Goretzka.

Not had a great start to the Bundesliga. Won my opener, drew away at Bayern, then lost two on the bounce to fucking Augsburg and Stuttgart.

Max Kruse keeps shitting the bed and missing easy chances. Hermann and Hahn can't finish for toffee. Kurt is out on loan. Kramer is injured. Diego Contento picks up a yellow every game but I still love him.

Champions League is a pipe dream at the moment.

Elchele

Fuck.

Not had a great start to the Bundesliga. Won my opener, drew away at Bayern, then lost two on the bounce to fucking Augsburg and Stuttgart.

Max Kruse keeps shitting the bed and missing easy chances. Hermann and Hahn can't finish for toffee. Kurt is out on loan. Kramer is injured. Diego Contento picks up a yellow every game but I still love him.

<3
Why do you have Contento tho?

If you need a DM, then you shouldn't go for Goretzka.

Löw playing Sebastian Rudy as RB instead of Großkreutz.

The guy is a CM and has never played RB, ever.

Come back pls Philipp bae

Or better, fire Löw already

Elchele

:lol
It was obvious this would happen. Low is an idiot and there aren't many options for RB position, most Dortmund players are average at best when playing out of Klopp's system.

But losing Lahm is a huge deal for Germany. I think Jung would be the obvious choice, but maybe Löw has some of his weird hates for him too

fuenf

Dont be so negative. After wednesday's game I expected him to recall Badstuber and play Boateng or Höwedes at RB.

ask platini

I'm okay with banning Lahm and Ribery for 3 matches after every international
iihWQLLqnH60r.png

That would also rule out Mertesacker for the CL match against us.

Platini knows what's up

Tc91

Just seen this FM challenge:

Anyway here's the challenge, this needs to be done in one save and does not matter how long it takes you. You need to win the league, domestic cup(s) of each of the 5 big leagues of Europe (Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1), but you also need to win the champions league in each of the countries, just like Jose himself intends to do.

There is two ways of starting this challenge, the first way is to start at any of the 5 leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1) with the reputation of international footballer (I know Jose wasn't an international footballer, but this way you need to have the highest possible reputation). If you choose to start in the Premier League you need to start as Chelsea, La Liga Real Madrid and Serie A as Inter. If you start in Bundesliga or Ligue 1 you can obviously start with whoever you want to as Jose hasn't managed there (yet). So which ever league you start in you need to win the league, domestic cup(s) and the Champions League and then you can move to the next league and do the same.

The other way is to start as FC Porto with the professional footballer rep (which Jose was) and build your rep up so you can move onto one of those 5 leagues with whatever team you want to. Obviously you'll probably have to win trophies to get your reputation up so that means you'll have to win the league, domestic cup(s) and do well in Europe (or you can apply the rules from the other leagues into the Portuguese league to make it even harder).

I'm going with Porto, the new Jose has arrived. Got some Cubanisto and bombay mix let's go.

Hit me up with some good transfers for them!

Dont be so negative. After wednesday's game I expected him to recall Badstuber and play Boateng or Höwedes at RB.

Would probably be the best choice :lol

Not completely sold on Jung yet, Durm and Großkreutz probably won't play much as RB for us and after those, we are completely fucked.

Löw not playing Großkreutz today in our stadium is fucking ridiculous, though.

GermanyGAF. Is it just me or his RTL's coverage looking surprisingly competent?

Lehmann dropping them truth bombs.

Rudy as RB is a joke
Löw could have played Weidenfeller in Dortmund
Not happy about Götze instead of Gomez

Waaaaaay better than the bullshit Scholl is talking all the time.

fuenf

didnt even extend his leg properly. terrible form.

11860722,10845917,dmData,Oliver+Kahn+Chapuisat+%25281321562611522%2529.jpg

Would probably be the best choice :lol

Not completely sold on Jung yet, Durm and Großkreutz probably won't play much as RB for us and after those, we are completely fucked.

Löw not playing Großkreutz today in our stadium is fucking ridiculous, though.

fuck you are right. anyways yeah Kevin would've deserved to play and with Müller starting the RB is guaranteed to get far more help.

Milchmonster;128860691 Lehmann dropping them truth bombs. Rudy as RB is a joke Löw could have played Weidenfeller in Dortmund Not happy about Götze instead of Gomez [I said:
Waaaaaay[/I] better than the bullshit Scholl is talking all the time.

Lehmann actually cares about football. Scholl only about his own reception. Not starting Gomez is a joke, Löw is only adding fuel to the fire.

"Brazil decided to exclude Maicon from the Selecao for “personal reasons”. The Brazilian federation issued a statement to announce the surprising decision:”Maicon is no longer part of the Brazilian national team’s plans. We thanks him for his performances up to this point. The reasons why he was asked to leave the training are personal and there will be no statements about them” Dunga has decided to move forward without Maicon, at least at the moment."

Maicon lol

Fuck.

Herrmann bit of a one trick pony. He's decent on the right, but he's all pace. Sold him to Atletico Madrid for about &#8364;25 million. It's difficult. There's a decent wingers at Steaua not too expensive I think. Iancu and some other guy.

edit: Stanciu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom