• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Götze as fake 9 needs to finally stop.

He had a single good match in that role for the national team and that was 2 fucking years ago. Get over it, Jogi, he won't solve the striker problem.

Elchele

WTF at Platini's comments on Ribery. He can't decide that he wants to retire from international football?

I think he can.

He can't apparently :lol

He had a single good match in that role for the national team and that was 2 fucking years ago. Get over it, Jogi, he won't solve the striker problem.

Kruse is the perfect option. A shame Low doesn't like prostitutes

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WTF at Platini's comments on Ribery. He can't decide that he wants to retire from international football?

I think he can.

he's a modern day slave.

dat football, I don't want to kick it

tumblr_m2xr6ylF9q1rthy6ko2_500.gif

fuenf

I'm starting to fear that Götze will take Mario Gomez' career path.... he is like the bizarro world version of him.

Potential in Sterling is exceptional. Needs to be allowed to just play his game though without the media and everyone laying unnecessary expectations on him. That can do more damage than good.

Said it before but there's not much that can be done about that unfortunately

We and the media can't just ignore how good he is, and we can't keep him out of the limelight when he's naturally so eye-catching

For our part, I feel like we interview him and get him involved in social media stuff much less than we would if he was older and of the same standard. It's not much, but it's something

EmiPrime

To play on the wing at Arsenal you have to really be a central attacking midfielder or forward because having two wingers who can actually play in that position with pace and the ability to cross the ball would be too easy.

It is known.

Lightning

Banned
Said it before but there's not much that can be done about that unfortunately

We and the media can't just ignore how good he is, and we can't keep him out of the limelight when he's naturally so eye-catching

For our part, I feel like we interview him and get him involved in social media stuff much less than we would if he was older and of the same standard. It's not much, but it's something
Just hope it doesn't get in his head and send him down the Wilshere path.

It's phenomenal.

Against Hull he was fucking abysmal.

And every game I've seen him play since he's been a man of the match contender. It's fucking frightening what the coaching staff have done to him. Turned him into a machine.

Like, when I was thinking about Sturridge's injury before, in my head I accepted it without any qualms because we've got Sterling. Thank fuck he's evolved the way he has otherwise the loss of Suarez would've affected us even further.

Have you read that post-Hull RAWK page?

'get rid'

'fuck him off'

'will never be better than Lennon'

'waste of potential'

'more trouble than he's worth'

'doesn't care enough about his career'

It's incredible reading

Just hope it doesn't get in his head and send him down the Wilshere path.

wedward alert :p

Blablurn

It worked like one time. In 2011 against Brazil.

But as we saw during the World Cup.

Everything works against Brazil :3

Randdalf

So if Woy were to get hypothetically sacked some time in the not so distant future (I doubt it will happen but w/e), who's your shout for the next England manager?

'Arry? Gary Neville? Some foreign bloke?

Kruse is the perfect option. A shame Low doesn't like prostitutes

Well, Kruse is "injured" at the moment, so that's that.

Kießling is much more tragic. Löw might no like his playing style but Kießling has been on fire for more than 4 years now and if the only other options are Gomez and Götze, he should get the fuck over his personal dislike and give the guy a try.

EmiPrime

Spurs have started a hashtag celebrating 132 years and it's filled with Arsenal fans tweeting photos of lasagne and Sol winning the league. :)

Arnie

You mean, the only realistic decent choice is Rodgers, and you'd not be happy if he left the Kop?
This stuff baffles me.

Rodgers is Northern Irish.

He's as invested in our national side as Mourinho, Ferguson or Wenger.

People tipping him for the job need to admit why they're doing it, rather than because he's British. People want him to take the job because he's the best coach in the Premier League and has a proven record of taking English players a very long way, as well as building a world class side out of them.

Thankfully he'd never take the fucking England job and will persist as Liverpool manager for aeons.

The age of Brendan has just begun.

So you think if he were offered the position he'd turn it down?

Certainly. When he gets old I would say it's very possible, but this is not the time for him to take on any national team. He's a rather young manager, with his best years ahead of him, and he's managing Liverpool on their way up. Even if that project somehow felt together with him, he would have lots of other options also way more exciting than a fucking England national team job, that will lead to nothing but disappointments.

Mario Götze really is a modern hero.

- scoring the winner in the WC final
- assisting Scotland's goal which will lead to Scotland becoming independent

He's basically what David Hasselhoff was for the reunited Germany.

Edit: Damn you, Müller, stealing all the glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom