• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not sure what you're trying to say but indeed the majority of the clubs here have very small stadiums and there are only about 17 million people living in this country. It would be pretty bad if we had higher attendance numbers than the Serie A :p

Serie A is shite, I'll give it one more season before we all end up watching it on TV

or even just streaming it

or maybe not even bothering, we'll just look up results

Hixx

Brevilles gimme your Xbox Live tags so I can follow you, all my 360 bros swapped to ps4.

Gosh Neuer is good at this football malarky.

The crowd in the Westfalenstadion applauding Manuel fucking Neuer

BVB ultras would kill themselves if they weren't busy posting on BVB forums how much they don't care for the national team and what amazing things they are doing now instead of watching this match.

Blablurn

BVB ultras would kill themselves if they weren't busy posting on BVB forums how much they don't care for the national team and what amazing things they are doing now instead of watching this match.

Did they do the same when we won the WC?

Kikarian

They sound like us United fans.

Scotland better than Brazil confirmed.

Stealing the jokes from 11Freunde's live ticker...

tumblr_n131nfCzZG1rhs8mlo2_250.gif

:p

Linius

Just realized it's already qualifier games tonight. Thought they were playing more friendlies. Oh well, the Dutch play on my birthday. We always start the qualification in the week of my birthday ^^

Arnie

He's had a hard time of it at Bayern but his talent and ability was clear to see at Dortmund. Bayern just aren't using him to his fullest so he looks underwhelming.

Milch, why don't we sign him? That's such a stupid question. Bayern paid a lot of money, he earns stupid wages, and is not for sale nor would he be interested in a move to Arsenal. Personally I would love to have him at our club.
Genuine question, and I honestly don't know the answer to it so don't feel like I'm trying to make a point, but if you were offere Gotze or Sterling tomorrow, which one would you take?

Arnie

I would prefer Sterling. For many reasons.
As would I.

Which is phenomenal when you consider that Gotze has scored the winning goal in a World Cup final and was 12 months ago the hottest property in Europe, whilst Sterling was, pre-White Hart lane, underperforming and under question by many people as to whether he was going to get into the Liverpool first team.

As would I.

Which is phenomenal when you consider that Gotze has scored the winning goal in a World Cup final and was 12 months ago the hottest property in Europe, whilst Sterling was, pre-White Hart lane, underperforming and under question by many people as to whether he was going to get into the Liverpool first team.

I'd say his entire PL career was in question tbh

He kept trying to kick and run iirc in a way which PL defenders find really easy to defend against, especially when his body meant he was easily outstrengthed when trying to get to the ball afterward.

I personally thought he needed a loan at the very least, and a loan to the Championship was his best bet. He obviously still had time on his side, but his form was worrying.

Silly when you consider how young he was for such judgments to be aimed at him, but that's how it was

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
stadionbezetting1.jpg

Occupation degree of the football stadiums in europe.

Couldn't find an english source

Eredivisie 3, Serie A 10.

DEAL WITH IT

I can't believe you're still googling that :lol HEY BB we can't help it if our stadiums are MASSIVE

massive graveyards but MASSIVE nonetheless. EAT THAT you and your easily filled tiny stadiums

Lightning

Banned
List those reasons pls

Make your offering to Raheezus
- Götze's personality. He openly flaunted the idea of moving, even during seasons, then backstabbed Dortmund to move. If he done it to Dortmund, he would do it to us.

- Needs correct system to work so to get the best out of him at Arsenal many things would need to change. He's more effective counter attacking player but we dont play that way.

- Sterling would fit in at Arsenal, or most epl teams, very well. Has everything, can play wide and through the middle, can score, beat a play, has pace.

- English. This matters to me.

Potential in Sterling is exceptional. Needs to be allowed to just play his game though without the media and everyone laying unnecessary expectations on him. That can do more damage than good.

Arnie

I'd say his entire PL career was in question tbh

He kept trying to kick and run iirc in a way which PL defenders find really easy to defend against, especially when his body meant he was easily outstrengthed when trying to get to the ball afterward.

I personally thought he needed a loan at the very least, and a loan to the Championship was his best bet. He obviously still had time on his side, but his form was worrying.

Silly when you consider how young he was for such judgments to be aimed at him, but that's how it was
It's phenomenal.

Against Hull he was fucking abysmal.

And every game I've seen him play since he's been a man of the match contender. It's fucking frightening what the coaching staff have done to him. Turned him into a machine.

Like, when I was thinking about Sturridge's injury before, in my head I accepted it without any qualms because we've got Sterling. Thank fuck he's evolved the way he has otherwise the loss of Suarez would've affected us even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom