• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

kill me now

Do not fret, Milch-san.

image.php

Arnie

Feel for the Dortmund lot.

Fucking hate International football. It's so fucking pointless and gash. Who gives a shit. The quality is terrible. The competitions are meaningless as a result. It happens so infrequently that nobody really gives a shit and it doesn't judge anything.

It's just utterly terrible and i'd love to wipe it out of the game.

Fucking hate International football. It's so fucking pointless and gash. Who gives a shit. The quality is terrible. The competitions are meaningless as a result. It happens to infrequently that nobody really gives a shit and it doesn't judge anything.

Agree 100%.

deroli

When I become king of germany, first thing I'll do is cancel our national team. Fuck those fans, fuck the games, fuck the international breaks. Reus injured again. Useless POS event.

This was the third away for Albania in their whole history. What an embarassing display and yet Paulo Bento will continue in front of the national team for a long time...

fuenf

Look at his face

It might not be a broken bone or a fucked up knee but that looks like a 2 to 4 week break minimum

look at it this way, a short break could even work out in your favour. You could ease Shinji back in at the #10 without only hard feelings before switchting things up once Reus returns.

Croyles

Fucking hate International football. It's so fucking pointless and gash. Who gives a shit. The quality is terrible. The competitions are meaningless as a result. It happens so infrequently that nobody really gives a shit and it doesn't judge anything.

So you didn't enjoy the world cup I take it?

EDIT: Less qualifiers and the like would probably be good though.

Bossniak

I give a shit. Love seeing my country play.

rodvik

Portugal's loss doesn't matter. They have a ridiculously easy group.

So does England. We can come in third and still most likely qualify. Sadly our inevitable qualification means Hodgson will survive another year. Our only hope is that we lose the first couple of games and the FA will be forced to do their job and fire him.

Portugal's loss doesn't matter. They have a ridiculously easy group.

We have no striker right now and no suitable candidate in the next 3 or 4 years, some of the team selection is baffling like Ivan Cavaleiro who wasn´t deemed good enough to be part of Benfica´s squad for this year and was loaned out to Deportivo and yet Paulo Bento thinks he´s good enough to be in national team.
The only positive thing is that u-21 team is looking real good so the future will be a bit better.

Tc91

I have started playing WoW again today

so help me god

You need all the help you can get, fucking crack game. I resubbed with some friends and planned on playing other stuff like Wind Waker HD/Mario/Bravely Default and what not. Nope WoW literally none stop.

I bought WoD but thank fuck Halo comes out a day after, gonna let them level to 100 and see what the pvp is like before jumping back. If none of my partners play from when we got R1 then I'm not going back to PvE fuck that.

Linius

We have no striker right now and no suitable candidate in the next 3 or 4 years, some of the team selection is baffling like Ivan Cavaleiro who wasn´t deemed good enough to be part of Benfica´s squad for this year and was loaned out to Deportivo and yet Paulo Bento thinks he´s good enough to be in national team.
The only positive thing is that u-21 team is looking real good so the future will be a bit better.

I wouldn't count on -21 teams too much. Remember the Dutch -21 won two Euro tournaments in a row? Almost none of those players made the national team in the end.

Elchele

Low quality, but it works to introduce the casuals to the game. Like Nintendo.

England need to at least beat somebody.

It would be fundamentally unfair if they weren't allowed to enter.
It's true that there are way too many fundamentally uninteresting matches though, if I were that cunt Platini I would split the teams in two different qualifying competitions, depending on their ranking, with a relegation/promotion system in place, allowing the promoted teams to take part in the qualifiers to the next Euro/World Cup. A bit like the Davis Cup system.

Really, this match today showed again how piss-fucking-poor Löw's man management is once again.

- Not giving Großkreutz at least some minutes in "his" stadium. A small thing that would have made Großkreutz happy.

- Making huge statements in public about people's unfair Mario Gomez hating. Instead of playing Gomez and giving people the chance to cheer for him, Gomez doesn't play a single minute. Let's face it, it's national team audience in the stadium. They would had cheered for Gomez if Löw had told them. In the next match, this audience will have already forgotten about the topic and will boo him again if he plays poorly.

- Playing Reus 180 minutes in 5 days after a 2 month long injury. Would have solved nicely with point 1. Sure, Löw has no fault for the injury, that could have happened in the first 10 minutes as well. But my point still stands.

It just seems like Löw gives no fucks about his players. Or he's really just fucking bad at making reasonable decisions about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom