• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randdalf

It's true that there are way too many fundamentally uninteresting matches though, if I were that cunt Platini I would split the teams in two different qualifying competitions, depending on their ranking, with a relegation/promotion system in place, allowing the promoted teams to take part in the qualifiers to the next Euro/World Cup. A bit like the Davis Cup system.

That sounds fair, although I think that in addition to the the promotion/relegation, the winners of the lower tier groups should be entered into the playoffs, or something like that, so there still exists a route into the finals however unlikely it may be that they proceed through it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Feel for the Dortmund lot.

Fucking hate International football. It's so fucking pointless and gash. Who gives a shit. The quality is terrible. The competitions are meaningless as a result. It happens so infrequently that nobody really gives a shit and it doesn't judge anything.

It's just utterly terrible and i'd love to wipe it out of the game.

I agree but

I need to see him

tumblr_nbgjqeqHx11qcxfxbo1_500.gif

I wanna make sure he's okay, and his hairline is not receding anymore

tumblr_nbgcpwqkMH1s8z5rho1_250.gif

maybe one day, in the oh so distant future, he might come back, and save us from Serie C

Esch

Banned
It's true that there are way too many fundamentally uninteresting matches though, if I were that cunt Platini I would split the teams in two different qualifying competitions, depending on their ranking, with a relegation/promotion system in place, allowing the promoted teams to take part in the qualifiers to the next Euro/World Cup. A bit like the Davis Cup system.

I'm okay with this.

Elchele

Elsk I hate to remind you mate, but you're Honduran.

I was going to add hondurans to the list but the edit thing never loaded.
I follow the Bundesliga tho, not the honduran league anymore

Argentine people also care more about the league than the national team

Löw just said Reus injury is probably not that bad.
It was more like "Not that bad but we need to wait for the scan.".

Which unfortunately means he has not much of an idea. Only means it's probably no 4 month break or something, which is what we could tell from him being able to walk already.

Pennywise

yep
wide open chance for Kagawa

Problem is we don't have that much midfielders left.

Ji is injured, Hoffman is at Mainz now and with both Reus/Micky missing, we've only got Jojic and Auba as winger.
Kuba still isn't ready for 90 minutes I guess.

Looks like Klopp will start with 2 strickers then.

Elchele

Problem is we don't have that much midfielders left.

Ji is injured, Hoffman is at Mainz now and with both Reus/Micky missing, we've only got Jojic and Auba as winger.
Kuba still isn't ready for 90 minutes I guess.

Looks like Klopp will start with 2 strickers then.

pls.

Weidenshit
Polish RB - Sokratis - Subotic - Durm
Kehl - Jojic
Auba - Kagawa - Grosskreutz
Ramos

embrace it

Sviato pls. You should be fighting for Mother Russia in Ukraine right now, not posting on GAF.
I'm a lover, not a fighter, mate.
I was going to add hondurans to the list but the edit thing never loaded.
I follow the Bundesliga tho, not the honduran league anymore

Argentine people also care more about the league than the national team

So what you're saying is that you also care more about your national team than your league. Got it.

Elchele

So what you're saying is that you also care more about your national team than your league. Got it.

Well yes, I honestly stopped caring about the honduran league like 4 years ago. I only care about the national team, but still not so much because it really sucks.

But I care mostly about the Bundesliga, the league I follow.

Your home league is MLS, and you follow the Russian league anyway.

Hixx

I wish I knew why the new Wolfenstein is so highly rated. It's ok when it gives you the option between stealth and regular 'fuck shit up' fighting but when it turns into super soldier vs all of the Third Reich in this warehouse/submarine/the surface of the sun I just turn it off because I can't be arsed. It's just so laaaazy.

Elchele

Nah he's perfect for someone like Kagawa and he will play, something that Höjbjerg won't anytime soon.

Don't know who Höjbjerg is, but Højbjerg will be getting plenty of playing time before winter. We only have Gaudino, Xabi, Højbjerg and Rode for DM positions

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I wish I knew why the new Wolfenstein is so highly rated. It's ok when it gives you the option between stealth and regular 'fuck shit up' fighting but when it turns into super soldier vs all of the Third Reich in this warehouse/submarine/the surface of the sun I just turn it off because I can't be arsed. It's just so laaaazy.

are you telling me I just wasted...40+ GB of space? :(

Wolfenstein games are usually mad popcorn fun, they always get the shooting mechanics just right

Really, this match today showed again how piss-fucking-poor Löw's man management is once again.

It just seems like Löw gives no fucks about his players. Or he's really just fucking bad at making reasonable decisions about them.

IDK, I think the stats prove that he knows what he's doing. /Shrugs.

Well yes, I honestly stopped caring about the honduran league like 4 years ago. I only care about the national team, but still not so much because it really sucks.

But I care mostly about the Bundesliga, the league I follow.

Your home league is MLS, and you follow the Russian league anyway.

Well Russia is my home since that's where I was born. Nice try though, mate.

Hixx

are you telling me I just wasted...40+ GB of space? :(

Wolfenstein games are usually mad popcorn fun, they always get the shooting mechanics just right

I rented it because I was expecting it to do mindless shooting right but I have much more fun in the more free-form sections. The mindless shooting is awful, bullet sponge enemies are far, far too common. You will find yourself sitting on a corner cheesing the heavy enemies far too often if you play on a higher difficulty.

Another game that mistakes tedium for difficulty though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I rented it because I was expecting it to do mindless shooting right but I have much more fun in the more free-form sections. The mindless shooting is awful, bullet sponge enemies are far, far too common. You will find yourself sitting on a corner cheesing the heavy enemies far too often if you play on a higher difficulty.

Another game that mistakes tedium for difficulty though.

Fuck me that sounds terrible :(

bullet sponge enemies take the fun outta of headshots too

Pennywise

Crap Taxidermy ‏@CrapTaxidermy

"999, 1000 push ups! Feelin' so buff right now bro, mans chest to vest ratio is going through the roof."

BmJWc4WIMAAXezd.jpg

dPrJaGc.png

Ugh guys, some of our pictures are gone on the first page...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom