• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Kloppo loves his 2 strikers formation now.

Bender
Jojic-Großkreutz
Kagawa
Auba-Ramos

SOCCER-Liverpool-142668-498366.jpg

"Listen to me Jurgen, wing play is dead"
With Sturridge out, Rodgers might revert to the 433 that was totally blunt v Saints

One title means he's the greatest coach ever with no faults?

Look at Pep, he's won it all, that means he's perfect right? Why don't you ask Ibrahimovic or Mandzukic about Pep's man management.

You're misrepresenting my argument. I never said he was perfect. I just said that he knows what he's doing. It is possible to know what you're doing and still make the odd mistake. I have no idea why you brought Guardiola into this, I never mentioned him. Making ocassional mistakes is a world away from this (quoted from you)

Really, this match today showed again how piss-fucking-poor Löw's man management is once again.

It just seems like Löw gives no fucks about his players. Or he's really just fucking bad at making reasonable decisions about them.

Which is baseless hyperbole. I never said he was perfect. You said he was piss poor at man management. You also said it seems like he gives no fucks about his players, or is really fucking bad at making reasonable decisions about them. I'd suggest that both of your points are highly unlikely to be based on the rational evidence which is Germany's win record in official internationals and their world cup win. If he was as poor at both points as you suggest it's doubtful that Germany would have had as much success with him.

It's a clear case of Occam's razor, that is the simplest answer being most likely to be correct. The simplest answer being that Low gets it right more often than not and that he is likely to be good at the two points you suggested he wasn't. It would be far more complex to have had as much success as he's had if he was as bad as you suggest. I'd also like to point out that in this argument I'm completely unbiased given that I'm not German, nor do I support the German national team. I'm approaching this from a rational point of view. I'm perceiving that due to your tone and language that you might not be.

I have just seen a video of Dean beating up Lloyd.

Can anyone please direct me towards where you can call social services in London?

This is urgent

Pennywise

I have just seen a video of Dean beating up Lloyd.

Can anyone please direct me towards where you can call social services in London?

This is urgent

Pls.
Lloyd provoked him.

Just imagine a small and slim Wilbur in front of you, pestering you while your playing Virtues Last Reward.

You're misrepresenting my argument. I never said he was perfect. I just said that he knows what he's doing. It is possible to know what you're doing and still make the odd mistake. I have no idea why you brought Guardiola into this, I never mentioned him. Making ocassional mistakes is a world away from this (quoted from you)

Which is baseless hyperbole. I never said he was perfect. You said he was piss poor at man management. You also said it seems like he gives no fucks about his players, or is really fucking bad at making reasonable decisions about them. I'd suggest that both of your points are highly unlikely to be based on the rational evidence which is Germany's win record in official internationals and their world cup win. If he was as poor at both points as you suggest it's doubtful that Germany would have had as much success with him.

It's a clear case of Occam's razor, that is the simplest answer being most likely to be correct. The simplest answer being that Low gets it right more often than not and that he is likely to be good at the two points you suggested he wasn't. It would be far more complex to have had as much success as he's had if he was as bad as you suggest. I'd also like to point out that in this argument I'm completely unbiased given that I'm not German, nor do I support the German national team. I'm approaching this from a rational point of view. I'm perceiving that due to your tone and language that you might not be.

Fucking hell, what is up with you

Feorax

He's got a vendetta against liverpool or something?

He's taking "managing expectations" to the next level.

I mean, how is Roy supposed to win after two of his best players were unfortunately accidentally deliberately twatted with baseball bats?

Fucking hell, what is up with you

No, mate what's up with you? Your team and manager just won the world cup, something that will likely never happen to my country in my lifetime.

Yet you act like your manager gives no fucks about his players and/or is piss poor at man management.

Seriously, who's being unreasonable here?

El Topo

PM. In general, don't bother. Its a mess and all over the place.

Wait, you're no longer a junior? Did some mod have mercy? That said, I have also no idea about Gamergate. Frankly I haven't followed all those developing megathreads in Gaming at all.

fuenf

Goodbye footyGAF. I pretty much already stopped posting last week, but it didnt feel right to just abandon you without saying anything.

Basically, I dont care much about NeoGAF anymore but continued to waste far too much time here. I dont care about the gaming side anymore, the OT has gone to shit and and I realize more and more that none of the stuff that happens on GAF has any real influence on my life (fortunately ;)).

footyGAF is the one saving grace, but still, as much as I enjoy being here, I think the time has come to reduce my posting to an absolute minimum. I might stop by here and there, but that will pretty much be it (like when Bayern wins the CL in Berlin next year).

It was a pleasure to witness 'das Finale dahoam', the Triple, the ascension of Pep and of course the World Cup(s) with you. While I've been a member on GAF since 2004, I only really started posting in 2012. Mostly because I saw it as a fun way to improve my written English. Unfortunately, I believe that the quality of my posts has decreased over the summer as I can feel myself becoming more & more disinterested in the usual fanwars and battles. Before I descend further in the depths of trolling, I'll just stop posting and leave you guys be. Might still lurk tho. ;)

I loved being part of the many wonderful discussions with you and I'm sure it had & will have a positive influence on my life. Thanks for the wonderful time and best of luck, to you and your teams.

Goodbye footyGAF. I pretty much already stopped posting last week, but it didnt feel right to just abandon you without saying anything.

Basically, I dont care much about NeoGAF anymore but continued to waste far too much time here. I dont care about the gaming side anymore, the OT has gone to shit and and I realize more and more that none of the stuff that happens on GAF has any real influence on my life (fortunately ;)).

footyGAF is the one saving grace, but still, as much as I enjoy being here, I think the time has come to reduce my posting to an absolute minimum. I might stop by here and there, but that will pretty much be it (like when Bayern wins the CL in Berlin next year).

It was a pleasure to witness 'das Finale dahoam', the Triple, the ascension of Pep and of course the World Cup(s) with you. While I've been a member on GAF since 2004, I only really started posting in 2012. Mostly because I saw it as a fun way to improve my written English. Unfortunately, I believe that the quality of my posts has decreased over the summer as I can feel myself becoming more & more disinterested in the usual fanwars and battles. Before I descend further in the depths of trolling, I'll just stop posting and leave you guys be. Might still lurk tho. ;)

I loved being part of the many wonderful discussions with you and I'm sure it had & will have a positive influence on my life. Thanks for the wonderful time and best of luck, to you an your teams.

0DwSsy7.jpg

Requeim

I loved being part of the many wonderful discussions with you and I'm sure it had & will have a positive influence on my life. Thanks for the wonderful time and best of luck, to you an your teams.

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors. And fuck bayern.

Lightning

Banned

I loved being part of the many wonderful discussions with you and I'm sure it had & will have a positive influence on my life. Thanks for the wonderful time and best of luck, to you and your teams.
Best of luck mate. Been a pleasure reading your posts.

#fuckbayern

Oersted

RIP in pieces. You will be missed.

Wait, you're no longer a junior? Did some mod have mercy? That said, I have also no idea about Gamergate. Frankly I haven't followed all those developing megathreads in Gaming at all.

Remember the mess Occupy was? Think more mess. And yeah, since a day.

EmiPrime

All the best.

#fuckbayern

Pennywise

Goodbye Fünf, all the best for your future. Please stop by every once in a while. When we ever do a meeting in Germany I want you to join <3.

I'm going to miss seeing your avatar around.

LTWheels

I still have no idea what this gamergate is about.
Even though I'm like all day on gaf.

I have no idea what it's about. I assume it's something to do with the fact that the majority of people getting angry about something to do with videogames/game journalists/sexism on the internet are man-children.

Bold One

Oh God, did Leigh Alexander get involved too? That can only lead to bad things haha. It's all a mess though for sure, not worth arguing about or even reading about, just idiotic shit upon idiotic shit upon idiotic shit.

#775milliondollars

#Illegalamountofmoney

You have no idea,there is this whole thing that even gets lumped in with Nudecelebgate and Anita Sarkesian because of the feminist angle.

seriously the whole thing is a fucking mess

EDIT- what is the context of that link?

After watching the opening credits of Twin Peaks I'm not fucking surprised it got cancelled.

lol it got great ratings at first though, wasn't until the second season it dropped off and got switched around on the airing times a lot.

Are you about to watch it for the first time?

Yen

After watching the opening credits of Twin Peaks I'm not fucking surprised it got cancelled.

.lol, tinnudohw nrael ot hguone gnol ti hctaw t'ndid I .wohs rehto emos gnihctaw detrats dna nosaes dnoces eht otni gnol ton pu evag adnik I tub ,thgirla saw ti thguoht I

Scum

Good luck, fuenf.

So I just saw Wilbur's pic.

It's not as bad as I imagined.

EDIT: Sad to see fuenf go. I generally treat the gaming side like a poor man's RSS. Just to know what's the latest news, and read the OP once in a while.

Sometimes reading the comments is like peering into madness.

Best of luck fuenf.

The wall makes perfect sense as the last council's plan in the context of the movie. They are supposed to be a multinational council of bureaucrats and bean counters who obviously have no clue how to properly deal with the issue. It's such an obvious and common trope that it always amazes me people bring it up as some sort of flaw.

If the council were good at their jobs and came up with a solution to the problem then that would make the heroes' struggle pointless.

They could have shown their incompetence in another way than a stupid fucking wall. Sorry, but that doesn't make the wall ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom