• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
When did Wilshere become a DM?

The man who everyone in the PL knows as a bitch.

I'd like to think that team is a diamond midfield, with Sterling at the tip behind Rooney and Welbeck.

We all know that's not what's going to happen though.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 3m
Roy Hodgson confirms England will use a diamond. Raheem Sterling at the tip, Henderson, Delph either side and Wilshere at the base.

LTWheels

I'd like to think that team is a diamond midfield, with Sterling at the tip behind Rooney and Welbeck.

We all know that's not what's going to happen though.

That's what ITV is saying it's confirmed to be, with Wilshere holding...

I hope Henderson is fine, and has freedom to run beyond the forwards. But I doubt it as Woy is way more defensive than Rodgers.

Couldn't Wilshire play in a Pirlo-role? So, like, do next to no defending except closing down and lots of distribution?

Edit: Juve 2-1 Udinese (Di Natale, Tevez, Asabob)?

Zabojnik

Couldn't Wilshire play in a Pirlo-role? So, like, do next to no defending except closing down and lots of distribution?

You need a fully functioning football brain for that role, which I think Wheelchair lacks.

I was shocked to see him start instead of Llorente last weekend.

Is this going to become the norm for Juve?

Nah, Llorente just wasn't feeling very well. I'm sure we'll see Coman a lot this season though, he seems a genuine talent. I can see Allegri experimenting with him in various midfield/attack roles.

I was shocked to see him start instead of Llorente last weekend.

Is this going to become the norm for Juve?

Quite possibly. Looks like we're bringing back Berardi next year (u-21 star), and possibly also signing Zaza (rumour is we have a buy-back clause).

And in two years we'll probably also be playing either Leali or Branescu as GK once San Gigi retires.

You need a fully functioning football brain for that role, which I think Wheelchair lacks.

Wheelchair i can't lol

shiroryu

Interesting to see Wilshere try the Pirlo-like role, but yeah, don't think he's got the discipline to shield the back four. Jonathan Wilson thinks Swiss will cheese the game down the flanks.

Zabojnik

Quite possibly. Looks like we're bringing back Berardi next year (u-21 star), and possibly also signing Zaza (rumour is we have a buy-back clause).

And in two years we'll probably also be playing either Leali or Branescu as GK once San Gigi retires.

Well, yeah, long(-er) term - for sure. For now though, I think Llorente is safe.

Just finished The Pacific. It was good.

My main problem with it is that it felt a bit disjointed and I didn't really care about the characters that much. If it had stuck with Eugene, I think it would have been a lot better.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roy is an awful tactician and England even with its current players would do much better with someone else (though tbf no one is available)

But who would take the England job? Only the brave that's for sure. It's like managing Roma or Napoli - deep down inside the expectations of the fans are always unrealistic and no ordinary MAN can cope with that pressure

Which is why you've hired a brainless OWL

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I do hope he starts Herrera, Blind and Di Maria together

I want this starting 11 to start properly developing so we can see what we are actually capable of.

I imagine Fletch will start v QPR though, cant put 3 new players in together in a midfield.

Kikarian

Roy is an awful tactician and England even with its current players would do much better with someone else (though tbf no one is available)

But who would take the England job? Only the brave that's for sure. It's like managing Roma or Napoli - deep down inside the expectations of the fans are always unrealistic and no ordinary MAN can cope with that pressure

Moyes?

LAM09

Nah, Llorente just wasn't feeling very well. I'm sure we'll see Coman a lot this season though, he seems a genuine talent. I can see Allegri experimenting with him in various midfield/attack roles.

I thought as much. He does look a talent from what I have seen, and I can see him being a revelation like Pogba.

jtb

Banned
the only standard it makes sense to hold Roy to is a hypothetical "what would Redknapp do" and I don't think Redknapp is a good tactician either. but he obviously has a much better grasp of the theater of management than Roy does, so at least the fans will feel better at the inevitable early tournament exit/non-qualification

Depends on whether or not England fans want to win or want to play somewhat entertaining football. If the former, get a good tactically minded coach who can make the team well organised and tough to break down. Play like Capello basically. If the latter, then Hodgson, but he won't win anything anytime soon.

Skele7on

Banned
sprinklers Man of the match....

GIF now please!

BxB_xQUIcAAzQWl.jpg:large

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lightning where you at bro?

I cant take this anymore man... todays news "Jonas travels wednesday to negociate contract", this shit been going on for a week now, ack

you thought transfer window was bad? mine aparently never ends, its like im bill burray in groundhog day

Wilshere is as bad as Scholes was at tackling though
When did Wilshere become a DM?

He's not going to be a Mascherano or anything. Look at every successful diamond you can remember. Almost all have 2 terriers either side of a deep-lying playmaker. You never see a proper DM there with the creative players to the right/left. The question is whether Wilshere is disciplined enough to sit and play the position properly. Right now he's hellbent on being the exact opposite type of CM he's meant to be.

I do like the change though.

Even if this formation doesn't work, it's a step in the right direction imo

Would perhaps rather have Delph holding and Wilshere roaming, since Wilshere's passing is sharper around the box than Delph's

Randdalf

Gary Neville? Wonder how much influence he has on Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom