• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Watched the Giant Bomb quick look of the beta recently and while it came across as somewhat appealing, it didn't look particularly compelling.

The story/lore stuff (inc "that wizard came from the moon") is pretty repugnant.

I think it's how small and meal piece the missions are that turns me off it. I would have liked more hand crafted level design than re-using the same environment over and over for missions. Guild Wars 1 did this really well and still kept the same mmo mission structure that Destiny has.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Hart, Stones, Cahill, Jones, Baines, Delph, Henderson, Wilshere, Sterling, Rooney, Welbeck

BgNagQO.gif

Walshy

Hart, Stones, Cahill, Jones, Baines, Delph, Henderson, Wilshere, Sterling, Rooney, Welbeck
Baines has been shit since January.
Stones isn't a right back.
Jones has been apart of an awful United defence and shouldn't really be starting.
Henderson isn't even fully fit.
Welbeck hasn't scored in eight hours of football.

I'm expecting Switzerland to at least get a goal. This could be amusing :lol

leadbelly

Banned
I just want to get this all over and done with so that we can get back to the Premier League. I don't really care what the result is.

pappe

Hope Rooney gets injured I really relly eeally want him dropped from Uniteds starting 11. It will solve almost all the attacking problems at United.

Barzul

Suspend/Resume is the reason I get all my major titles on the Xbox (controller being the secondary reason). Being able to drop from TV into a game that you haven't touched in hours-days and be exactly where you left off is pretty amazing.

Is Hodgson actually at danger of losing his job? The press seem to be turning on him and all their tweets seem to say this match could decide his future. are they just looking for clicks?

Is Hodgson actually at danger of losing his job? The press seem to be turning on him and all their tweets seem to say this match could decide his future. are they just looking for clicks?

How could his job not be in jaepordy? It's fucking amazing he's still in the job at all.

Someone pls explain.

leadbelly

Banned

Maybe. England didn't even get past the group stage in the World Cup. Looking back at previous World Cups, we've always made it through the group stage.

The irony is, the couple of World Cups previous to the last one, we were absolutely abysmal. We could barely string two passes together, yet we somehow managed to win games. In truth though, that just prolonged the agony

This last world cup, possession wise England played better than they have in a long time. The problem was we were defensively lapse at crucial times.

rodvik

Maybe. England didn't even get past the group stage in the World Cup. Looking back at previous World Cups, we've always made it through the group stage.

The irony is, the couple of World Cups previous to the last one, we were absolutely abysmal. We could barely string two passes together, yet we somehow managed to win games. In truth though, that just prolonged the agony

This last world cup, possession wise, England played better than they have in a long time. The problem was we were defensively lapse at crucial times.

We played one good game. Against Italy. Which we lost. The rest was the usual dross.

The Italian manager left his job and he actually won a game.

Hodgson should have been fired immediately after the world cup.

The FA have hired poor manager after poor manager, and now they have Roy, they believe that he's actually doing an acceptable job and it's the position itself that it impossible to succeed in

The 2 options are to either carry on firing and hiring, hoping to hit the jackpot, or just assume that the job is impossible to do well, and keep a mediocre manager doing it. It's cheaper to chooser to believe that the second option is best

The Hodgson Defense Force aka L1NETT can do one

LAM09

As it stands, Rodgers would probably be the best option for England, if the FA sacked Roy.

Having said that, I doubt it would happen though, due to a number of reasons.

leadbelly

Banned
We played one good game. Against Italy. Which we lost. The rest was the usual dross.

Nah, after going down against Uruguay we come back and looked the better side. After that they were pretty much out of it so I can understand them having no fight left in them.

Still, I remember Sven Goran Eriksson's long ball tactics. Basically England just hoofed the ball up the field hoping someone would get on the end of it. Anything is better than that, anything!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

yep. Instead he stayed and made Rooney captain.

England should be leaning towards what Liverpool are doing with Sterling and Sturridge.

Instead we're forever stuck send long balls to that fat potato upfront hoping he produces a magic strike that somehow counts as four goals.

L1NETT

The Hodgson Defense Force aka L1NETT can do one

The people who blame Hodgson for all off our ills can do something similar

Hodgson has been no worse than previous england managers for how many years yet dullards throw god knows how much shit at him

And folk are right. No manager worth their salt would take the job

And there are 100 things worse with English football than Roy Hodgson.

Namely the Premier League

Nah, after going down against Uruguay we come back and looked the better side. After that they were pretty much out of it so I can understand them having no fight left in them.

Still, I remember Sven Goran Eriksson's long ball tactics. Basically England just hoofed the ball up the field hoping someone would get on the end of it. Anything is better than that, anything!

Look at this Hodgson defence force member

Stop talking sense

do one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom