• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who blame Hodgson for all off our ills can do something similar

Hodgson has been no worse than previous england managers for how many years yet dullards throw god knows how much shit at him

And folk are right. No manager worth their salt would take the job

And there are 100 things worse with English football than Roy Hodgson.

Namely the Premier League

Nobody thinks he's responsible for all of our problems

Just the vast majority of them :p

Kikarian

You know it!

img6051.jpg
I can't

that picture

L1NETT

Nobody thinks he's responsible for all of our problems

Just the vast majority of them :p

Well that's complete and utter fucking rubbish

It's the FA itself, the distribution of funding and the PL you want to be throwing your uninformed bile at, not an ageing manager who is a little out his depth but not deserving of the venom idiots chuck at him.

Jarnet87

As it stands, Rodgers would probably be the best option for England, if the FA sacked Roy.

Having said that, I doubt it would happen though, due to a number of reasons.

Rodgers would probably be the best fit. If not Rodgers I'd hire an attacking minded foreigner, doesn't matter if they are European or South American. Has to be someone who has no ties to the Premier League.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Rodgers wouldnt touch the job, no-one with sense or a secure position would.

King_Moc

Banned

It's the FA itself, the distribution of funding and the PL you want to be throwing your uninformed bile at, not an ageing manager who is a little out his depth but not deserving of the venom idiots chuck at him.

The players he does have all play far, far better for their club teams. There is also huge selection issues, with players being forced into positions that they don't play in. He should be doing a lot better, even with what he's got.

LAM09

Rodgers would probably be the best fit. If not Rodgers I'd hire an attacking minded foreigner, doesn't matter if they are European or South American. Has to be someone who has no ties to the Premier League.

I don't see them getting a foreign manager anytime soon. The only candidates they would probably be interested in hiring would be, Mourinho or Pep. I am more than certain neither of them would accept the job (Mourinho is meant to have turned down the job already).

Salvadora

I don't really see what Rodgers (or any other exciting candidate) has to gain from becoming the England national team manager.

It's a job for coaches put out to pasture or for those who cannot join a big club.

leadbelly

Banned
The players he does have all play far, far better for their club teams. There is also huge selection issues, with players being forced into positions that they don't play in. He should be doing a lot better, even with what he's got.

That's been the case with England for years though. The difference I see with this team is that at least possession wise, we're passing the ball around better than we have done for years.

LAM09

England aren't the team they used to be. People have to remember this is a rebuilding process, but that is no excuse for the 2014 WC debacle.

What's his age got to do with it? He's a twat who'd throw his wife under a bus to escape legitimate criticism.

I'm well aware of the myriad of massive issues holding English football and the national team back, and Hodgson is responsible for nearly none of them. Ultimately though, in my opinion Hodgson himself is one of the issues, and his outlook on the game hamstrings the national team as it is.

There's a problematic group of players he has to choose from, and he manages them problematically.

rodvik

The people who blame Hodgson for all off our ills can do something similar

Hodgson has been no worse than previous england managers for how many years yet dullards throw god knows how much shit at him

And folk are right. No manager worth their salt would take the job

And there are 100 things worse with English football than Roy Hodgson.

Namely the Premier League

Look at this Hodgson defence force member

Stop talking sense

do one

No, sorry mate. He is demonstrably worse. Look at his results. Then again look at his results in the context of the calk walk qualifying groups we have been given. He cannot be defended.

As for the shit he has not been given, he has had a free ride mainly because he is such a polite old gent. Which he is. But he has done a terrible job managing England.

Hodgson was a good appointment for a week, and that was because it was a poke in the eye to Harry & his media cronies. It was hilarious to see him not get the job.

But that joke is played out now. Time for Roy to go.

Nah, after going down against Uruguay we come back and looked the better side. After that they were pretty much out of it so I can understand them having no fight left in them.

Still, I remember Sven Goran Eriksson's long ball tactics. Basically England just hoofed the ball up the field hoping someone would get on the end of it. Anything is better than that, anything!

Cast your mind back to our embarrassing qualification games, we were awful then as well. For a few minutes during the Uruguay game, then sure, he looked like maybe we wanted to play. That does not make up for Hodgsons awful, awful track record. I hardly think Hodgsons sparkling style of play makes up for his results.

Wilbur

Banned
Hodgson is not the right man for England. He is not a great motivator, and he is not a wonderful tactical coach. He's good at giving smaller clubs solid bases and defensive organisation. He is not the man to get the best out of the likes of Sterling and Barkley.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
England, 66 was a long time ago

And you fluked it. It is time to look for another sport

Or e-sport

L1NETT

When was the last time England failed to win a game at a WC?

They have never been great, but they haven't been worse in recent memory.

Oh come on. Sven's England was horrendous to watch. Mcclaren we didn't even qualify! And as for the 0-0 against Algeria

Yeah on paper Hedgehog results have been poor. Who is saying otherwise. But demonstrably worse? You lot must have been remembering the past decade or so way different from me because we have been fucking dire.

leadbelly

Banned
Cast your mind back to our embarrassing qualification games, we were awful then as well. For a few minutes during the Uruguay game, then sure, he looked like maybe we wanted to play. That does not make up for Hodgsons awful, awful track record. I hardly think Hodgsons sparkling style of play makes up for his results.

I can cast my mind back to Beckham's free kick which saved us from going out in the qualifying stages for the World Cup. An absolutely abysmal performance that we needed to get something from and nearly didn't.

The way I see it, at least this World Cup England weren't fucking hoofing the ball up the field the whole match. To me that is progress..

jtb

Banned
Hodgson is not the right man for England. He is not a great motivator, and he is not a wonderful tactical coach. He's good at giving smaller clubs solid bases and defensive organisation. He is not the man to get the best out of the likes of Sterling and Barkley.

england is the national team equivalent of a small club. just accept your fate and position in the world pecking order, it will make international tournaments much more enjoyable.

LAM09

Oh come on. Sven's England was horrendous to watch. Mcclaren we didn't even qualify! And as for the 0-0 against Algeria

Yeah on paper Hedgehog results have been poor. Who is saying otherwise. But demonstrably worse? You lot must have been remembering the past decade or so way different from me because we have been fucking dire.

I am referring to progression in tournaments. You might have played terrible, but at least you got out of the group.

Which scenario would you prefer, 2014 WC or 2010 WC?

Esch

Banned
England, 66 was a long time ago

And you fluked it. It is time to look for another sport

Or e-sport
A lot of England and anti-Englanders just fails to realize that for their size/gdp/talent pool they've already punched way above their weight in international competition since the beginning of things. It's a small country m7

Wilbur

Banned
england is the national team equivalent of a small club. just accept your fate and position in the world pecking order, it will make international tournaments much more enjoyable.

We should be one of the top fifteen to twenty teams in the world, easy.

leadbelly

Banned
I am referring to progression in tournaments. You might have played terrible, but at least you got out of the group.

Which scenario would you prefer, 2014 WC or 2010 WC?

To be honest, I couldn't stand watching England in the previous World Cup. I have no idea how they managed to get as far as they did.

I've always been of the view that I would rather see a team play well and lose, than play awful and win. That's not to say they were spectacular in this World Cup, but they were better to watch than in previous World Cups.

L1NETT

We were much better in Brazil group stage then South Africa group stage.

Another Hodgson Defence Force member

you people disgust me

I have no idea who Hodgson is seen as some new nadir of English football. I'd take playing better football than limping on another round in a tournament

McClaren didn;t even qualify yet Hodgson is demonstrably worse? Please

To be honest, I couldn't stand watching England in the previous World Cup. I have no idea how they managed to get as far as they did.

I've always been of view that I would rather see a team play well and lose, than play awful and win. That's not to say they were spectacular in this World Cup, but they were better to watch than in previous World Cups.

Totally agreed.

Yen

Hodgson is an awful manager who has achieved next to nothing in his career (beyond winning the Swedish league multiple times), and to boot, he's a twat.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im sat here genuinely thinking it would be hilarious if we got trounced.

Feorax

I'd like to think that team is a diamond midfield, with Sterling at the tip behind Rooney and Welbeck.

We all know that's not what's going to happen though.

Wilbur

Banned
32 teams qualify for the world cup. in the 15-20 range, you're probably not qualifying for the knockout stages.

small club.

That takes as fact that the top 32 teams in the world qualify for the World Cup. But that isn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom