• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
Anyonelse dislike their national anthem?

Well, England doesn't actually have one, yet they insist on playing the incredibly unrepresentative 'God Save the Queen' anyway. Yeah, I don't believe in God nor Monarchies, cheers.

It should be 'Jerusalem'.

rodvik

Well, England doesn't actually have one, yet they insist on playing the incredibly unrepresentative 'God Save the Queen' anyway. Yeah, I don't believe in God nor Monarchies, cheers.

Agreed. Who DOESNT want "Jerusalem"?

/peoples anthem
edit: high fives Hitcher

Randdalf

Pomp and Circumstance > Jerusalem >>>>>>> God Save The Queen

Hodgson should have forced the FA to use Jerusalem. Stupid old cunt.

edit: King_Moc my man

Jerusalem would be a fantastic anthem. And you also couldn't use it as a lazy chant, thankfully.

Edit: Pomp and circumstance would be good but you need to cut to the bit that americans use for graduations, which is obv. the best bit.

O9jBR8X.gif

Fantastic.

King_Moc

Banned
It really bugs me when they complain about footballers for not singing it. Why the fuck should they? I've never sung it, and never will. I'd belt out Jerusalem like there's no tomorrow though. It can't be a great start to a match, hearing that when you agree with fuck all in it.

Walshy

Yeah, its strange for me, as I am not a royalist whatsoever.

I agree on Jerusalem too.

Va pensiero (i.e. chorus of the hebrew slaves from Verdi's Nabucco) is the unofficial official Italian national anthem anyway. We should just get rid of fratelli d'italia and adopt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom